PNG D

surfer73

[quote name="baddog" post="866847" timestamp="1286332307"]
I'm ready to move on. When one resorts to name calling, attacking one's comprehension skills, and making remarks like that, then that person has run out of ammo and is the one appearing foolish.

[/quote]
Thats what i meant about the 3 legged dog trick.  ;D
Raise it and let it go.  ;)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said this in another post about this game.  ALIGNMENT was the problem more so than anything else.  When you have a te who is a tackle, it is hard to stop plays in the 9 hole when your widest defensive alignment is a 5.  LB were stacked inside and only one person outside the TE.

Guest tappedout
Most of the run's were through the 4 and 6 hole. Right at the LB's. Our alignment looked more like a 5-2 because 2 LB's were on the each end of the front and then 2 LB's behind the front. Our alignment was pretty good by looking at the replay. The coaches have seen it and have started acting on it as I thought they would. Were not talking about just one game here, this has been a problem.

[quote name="tappedout" post="866857" timestamp="1286333332"]
Most of the run's were through the 4 and 6 hole. Right at the LB's. Our alignment looked more like a 5-2 because 2 LB's were on the each end of the front and then 2 LB's behind the front. Our alignment was pretty good by looking at the replay. The coaches have seen it and have started acting on it as I thought they would. Were not talking about just one game here, this has been a problem.
[/quote]

I'd have to go back and watch film, but I remember us running right off bill's butt, he caved you in, and he was the tackle over, lined up as the TE, this would not be the 4-6 hole???

[quote name="Penny" post="866886" timestamp="1286336192"]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=73577.msg866857#msg866857 date=1286333332]
[/quote]

I'd have to go back and watch film, but I remember us running right off bill's butt, he caved you in, and he was the tackle over, lined up as the TE, this would not be the 4-6 hole???
[/quote]

Running right of bill's butt.  That would technically  be the A-hole.  :o

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="867062" timestamp="1286378964"]
[quote author=Penny link=topic=73577.msg866886#msg866886 date=1286336192]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=73577.msg866857#msg866857 date=1286333332]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Running right of bill's butt.  That would technically  be the A-hole.  :o
[/quote]

:D  ZINGER!

Guest tappedout
Football,

Since you seem to know everything about football, why in the hell don't you even know the hole #'s? I have to give to you, you sounded like you knew what you was talking about until you posted this little diagram. The 2-hole is between the center and right guard, not between the guard and tackle. Go study a little more. Hell, how do you know who was suppose to make the play when you don't even know the hole number's?

Each offense #s differently.  I was showing the diagram that I have always known.  0 and 1 are the trap #'s. You usually trap a 3 tech.  You also have the Wing t offense where the holes flip sides with the strong linemen and the weak linemen.  i was just trying to explain why I said they kept running to the 6 hole with know adjustment.

Guest tappedout
Just admit your wrong and move on. You don't know the hole #'s. The 0 is behind the center. I hope with all of this knowledge you are not a PNG fan.

[quote name="baddog" post="868917" timestamp="1286570708"]
Did anyone else see the writeup in the PA News about our offensive line playing the best game to date last Friday? That's what I'm talking about.
[/quote]
Man, this thread has gotten so ugly I hate to weigh in, but I'm not a smart man, so here goes. I didnt see the PA News article, but have no problem believing that the O-line had their best night. I saw Neds first game against WOS and that was a completely different team that took the field last week. Copngrats to the Dogs and I hope y'all dont get beat again this season.
Now for the Indians. I do believe we will be back on track tonight. Nederland was not the first team to get 6-7 yards with the wildcat offense. Livingston did it and Texas City had sucess also. They ran mostly to the right, but had sucess to the left and up the middle. I know we have had some of the linebackers hurt, but we'll see what adjustments the coach staff has made tonight. Lumberton had no success against LCM, and got beat 49-0. If we have any sucess on the D side of the ball tonight we'll be OK. Scalp 'em Indians and NO MORE injuries!

Guest tappedout
The defense played very well. They made several adjustment's and it really paid big dividend's. Keep it up guy's. Great job by the coaching staff and player's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats