Wk. 5 24-4A results...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="864850" timestamp="1286114222"]
Ey, I see your boys actin bad over there! 8) 8) 8)
[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Thanks fella but even though I love my Coogs I never sugar coat anything so to in all fairness to Santa Fe they played a very good ball game although the score seems to indicate otherwise. Their QB (Davidson), RB (Walton) and one of their receivers (Morales) are the real deal and never backed down to our D and never looked intimidated. As a matter of fact those 3 studs are amazing athletes and on more than one occasion they left more than 1 of our defenders in their wake, especially that Morales kid. Although SF is 0-2 in district play they could easily be 2-0 had the turnover monster not visited them in both games. Don't get me wrong...they did fumble 3 times and throw one interception but the 2/3 (couldn't see the other one) fumbles were forced fumbles by intentional strips and the interception was caused due to trying to avoid a sack so our boys do deserve some credit. SF's D is pretty darn sold against the run and did keep the reins on T. Wright by only allowing him to get 133 yards rushing but their secondary was too soft and were too short to keep up with our receivers. They racked up alot of rushing yardage vs. us but in all fairness that is their bread and butter. Also, they had 62 attempts and with Walton running and them lining up a huge lineman as a half back it was quite a task keeping him from getting his yards. The score was only 14/7 us at halftime but our kids came out in the second half, kept their composure when needed and trusted the game plan of their coaches which was clearly evident by the kids bending but not breaking as well as doing what was needed to take the win. SF isn't out of the playoff picture quite yet as with the exception of FW (they throw the ball too well for SF to keep up) they could go undefeated for the remainder of district play and play spoiler too even if they don't make it. I know this though...I wouldn't want to play them again, especially if they stop turning the ball over so much.[/b][/color]

;)  Just checking, I thought that is what you were saying! LM is the real deal. Santa Fe is the best 0-2 team in alot of districts around the 4a circuit, as evidenced by how they handled Barbers Hill, I know, I know they are for real.

FW will have its hands full - LM has some weapons and our D is going to be tested up the middle, count on it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43