• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="865929" timestamp="1286236740"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=73939.msg865404#msg865404 date=1286166282]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73939.msg865401#msg865401 date=1286166143]
Because we have 'no discipline'...
[/quote]

;) ;D  I know what that is a synonym for... That maybe the answer, too!!!  Can't stand to see those "No-Disciplines" win!!!!
[/quote]

Are you saying that "no-discipline" is a synonym for not predominantly white?  If that's the case, then is the fact that central doesn't get equal respect as other programs an issue of race?  

Okay, everyone can now acknowledge the elephant in the room.
[/quote]

IMHO, I think it has more to do with socio-economics than race.  

However, there are examples (on these boards) where racism is hidden behind an interesting facade.  For example, when people talk about Angleton, they often mention superior athleticism and characterize them as undisciplined.  The same talk occurs when North Forest is discussed. This can be interpreted as more black kids than white kids.  This is sad, but unfortunately, it is a reality.  

[quote name="NorthShoreSucks!" post="866051" timestamp="1286243275"]
every team has discipline issues IMO at some point during the season.
[/quote]Brilliant, Scooter.  This is what I want them to realize. (when I ssay 'them', I'm talking about the posters that fly in and make those comments and when I call them out on it, the story changes or they just don't post about it anymore).  Every team goes through this. Not just 'those 3 SETX teams'...

[quote name="the_dude_abides" post="866056" timestamp="1286243484"]
[quote author=the_dude_abides link=topic=73939.msg865929#msg865929 date=1286236740]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=73939.msg865404#msg865404 date=1286166282]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73939.msg865401#msg865401 date=1286166143]
Because we have 'no discipline'...
[/quote]

;) ;D  I know what that is a synonym for... That maybe the answer, too!!!  Can't stand to see those "No-Disciplines" win!!!!
[/quote]

Are you saying that "no-discipline" is a synonym for not predominantly white?  If that's the case, then is the fact that central doesn't get equal respect as other programs an issue of race?  

Okay, everyone can now acknowledge the elephant in the room.
[/quote]

IMHO, I think it has more to do with socio-economics than race.  

However, there are examples (on these boards) where racism is hidden behind an interesting facade.  For example, when people talk about Angleton, they often mention superior athleticism and characterize them as undisciplined.  The same talk occurs when North Forest is discussed. This can be interpreted as more black kids than white kids.  This is sad, but unfortunately, it is a reality.  

[/quote] 8) 8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="866062" timestamp="1286243651"]
[quote author=NorthShoreSucks! link=topic=73939.msg866051#msg866051 date=1286243275]
[/quote]Brilliant, Scooter.  This is what I want them to realize. (when I ssay 'them', I'm talking about the posters that fly in and make those comments and when I call them out on it, the story changes or they just don't post about it anymore).  Every team goes through this. Not just 'those 3 SETX teams'...
[/quote]exactly. It's how you fix the problem when it arises. IMO.  8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="866062" timestamp="1286243651"]
[quote author=NorthShoreSucks! link=topic=73939.msg866051#msg866051 date=1286243275]
[/quote]Brilliant, Scooter.  This is what I want them to realize. (when I ssay 'them', I'm talking about the posters that fly in and make those comments and when I call them out on it, the story changes or they just don't post about it anymore).  Every team goes through this. Not just [b]'those 3 SETX teams'[/b]...
[/quote]

What 3 teams do you speak of?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="866075" timestamp="1286244211"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73939.msg866062#msg866062 date=1286243651]
[/quote]Brilliant, Scooter.  This is what I want them to realize. (when I ssay 'them', I'm talking about the posters that fly in and make those comments and when I call them out on it, the story changes or they just don't post about it anymore).  Every team goes through this. Not just [b]'those 3 SETX teams'[/b]...
[/quote]

What 3 teams do you speak of?
[/quote]Over the posting on message boards even Moderating them, 3 teams are the usual victims... Central, Ozen, and Memorial...

Guest tappedout
This thread started off about Central being overlooked and now it has gone to another rascism thread. I really believe you have a problem SFA85. Each time a thread start's talking about race, you are right in the middle of it. How many white people have got on here and said Central was not disciplined. I believe that has come out of one of your own early in the season. So get over this garbage. This kind of s#$t bother's me to no end. You are one of the BIG problem's in America today. Let it go!

Undisiplined in discribing a football team to me does not mean more blacks than whites...Hell you could call Vidor undisiplined and it would not hurt my feelings because its true right now..Busted plays,fumbles,penalties,blown coverages,and so on.We are doing all these and thats why were 1-4.
        If your football team does the above your undisiplined in my opinion.With that said I think the young kids on our team are working very hard every week to correct these issues.

i removed my post--I enjoy you guys too much to tell you how i really feel.  I agree with a previous poster (not in his words) that it is regretful that the direction of this topic went in the direction that it has.  Ironically, it has no impact on the success or lack of success of any of the teams.  I have no problem supporting any of these teams---two of them belong to my community while the other shares a chance with my favorite team in the district race.  So, good night everybody. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="866115" timestamp="1286245379"]
The only thing that 85 have done was elaborate on where he felt like this was going.  One guy stated that there was an elephont in the room.  85 simply described it. 
[/quote]

But you still started it. ;D

That chip getting heavy? ;D

[quote name="NorthShoreSucks!" post="866139" timestamp="1286246473"]
doesnt matter bout skin color when the whistle is blown on Friday night. [b]I say we dead this thread [/b] and discuss how OUR teams are gonna whip a$$ come Friday/Saturday  8)
[/quote]

you've got the power! ;)