I can't seem to undersatnd why????

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its extermly funny when a certain type of people in this country blame anything that goes wrong or something they don't like on  race. Just cause some people call a team undisplined dosent mean it has anything to do with that team being predominatly black. Ozen has great talent I rember back in 2008(I think) they had atleast 4 kids get D1 sholarships including one to TCU. If they had all that talent why were they only able to win 3 games? Idk the answer never saw them play, but maybe the people that call those teams undisplined were right.

Yall hijacked my thread! But on a political tip, there is this new movement to kidnap any sensitivity about race now that Obama is President.  It is really funny, but it is what it is!!!  And we all know issues still exist!  Katy, Westlake, Ned, and PNG are perennial powers with majority white kids, fast kid, and talented kids... So just because a team is majority white doesn't mean they are slow.  But teams that are historically slow and teams that have State competing athletes on the football team year-in-and-out are usually considered faster teams!!!!  Black, White, Hispanic, or Alien!!! 

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="866424" timestamp="1286294734"]
Yall hijacked my thread! But on a political tip, there is this new movement to kidnap any sensitivity about race now that Obama is President.  It is really funny, but it is what it is!!!  And we all know issues still exist!  Katy, Westlake, Ned, and PNG are perennial powers with majority white kids, fast kid, and talented kids... So just because a team is majority white doesn't mean they are slow.  But teams that are historically slow and teams that have State competing athletes on the football team year-in-and-out are usually considered faster teams!!!!  Black, White, Hispanic, or Alien!!! 
[/quote]
Very good point---and I also regret your original post was hijacked.  I was thinking about how this happened this morning and one thing came to mind ---some of you may get it but probably most will not.

Several posters agreed that Ricks on Magnolia in Beaumont has the best soul food in this area.  Others agreed that Nicks grocery in Port Arthur--(39th street) has the best cajun boudain.  It ain't the color of the cook ----it is the special gift of seasoning that makes the product special.  Until you have tried and experienced them, you will never know.  Opinions are irrelevant.

Guest tappedout
You speak the truth to coward's. I assume your calling people on this board coward's. You are talking out of your a$$. Running your mouth from behind a computer is a coward.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="866424" timestamp="1286294734"]
[b]Yall hijacked my thread![/b] But on a political tip, there is this new movement to kidnap any sensitivity about race now that Obama is President.  It is really funny, but it is what it is!!!  And we all know issues still exist!  Katy, Westlake, Ned, and PNG are perennial powers with majority white kids, fast kid, and talented kids... So just because a team is majority white doesn't mean they are slow.  But teams that are historically slow and teams that have State competing athletes on the football team year-in-and-out are usually considered faster teams!!!!  Black, White, Hispanic, or Alien!!! 
[/quote]

Short, Soulja started it!! ;D

Good post.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="866533" timestamp="1286303464"]
That was funny... None of that matters unless someone will stand up and do something about it!!! Name calling and cyber attitudes don't settle a thing!!!  You guys gotta be joking!!!
[/quote]

Again, excellant post!

I will say that some of the reasoning why Central gets left out of the state talk is because our Beaumont media hasn't been doing it's job, if you know what I mean. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="866536" timestamp="1286303589"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=73939.msg866424#msg866424 date=1286294734]
[b]Yall hijacked my thread![/b] But on a political tip, there is this new movement to kidnap any sensitivity about race now that Obama is President.  It is really funny, but it is what it is!!!  And we all know issues still exist!  Katy, Westlake, Ned, and PNG are perennial powers with majority white kids, fast kid, and talented kids... So just because a team is majority white doesn't mean they are slow.  But teams that are historically slow and teams that have State competing athletes on the football team year-in-and-out are usually considered faster teams!!!!  Black, White, Hispanic, or Alien!!! 
[/quote]

Good post.
[/quote]
Thanks, but not to be too politically correct let me say this..... Yes the all Black Central team is faster than the all white, Ned, PNG, Vidor, Lumbertan teams!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="866546" timestamp="1286304098"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=73939.msg866536#msg866536 date=1286303589]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=73939.msg866424#msg866424 date=1286294734]
[/quote]

Good post.
[/quote]
[b]Thanks, but not to be too politically correct let me say this..... Yes the all Black Central team is faster than the all white, Ned, PNG, Vidor, Lumbertan teams!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha[/b]
[/quote]
No doubt... but are they DISCIPLINED!
Sorry Soulja & Short, after the way this thread turned, I was feelin' smartass. I'm just picking. Y'all give the Bears a good game Friday night and NO injuries!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="866199" timestamp="1286251309"]
To answer the original question by Absent, Central needs to just win and make more playoff run..  Obviously, the playoff runs we already own is not enough. 
[/quote]

Lol, How bout we just Get all the R.E.S.P.E.C.T by winning State...

This thread turned out to be funny!!! However, it is more real than some want to openly admit.  After 200 years of slavery, maybe, just maybe the blacks deserve at least 150 years of complaining!!! Just a thought! 

56 years of integration
29 years in Beaumont ISD
still an issue in some small towns
12 years since the dragging and murder of James Bird
5 years since a house was burned down in Vidor when a black male moved in with his white girlfriend
2 years since a little town in Alabama had their first integrated prom
Currently, the first and only Black President is considered the "anti-Christ" in some circles!  :o

It hasn't been that long ago, when a governor of Arkansas addressed integration of the school system and said, "We, as [glow=red,2,300]Americans[/glow], cannot allow this to happen!"  Almost to think that Blacks aren't Americans. 

I say all that to say this, "We still have a long way to go!"

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="867693" timestamp="1286454614"]
This thread turned out to be funny!!! However, it is more real than some want to openly admit.  After 200 years of slavery, maybe, just maybe the blacks deserve at least 150 years of complaining!!! Just a thought!  

56 years of integration
29 years in Beaumont ISD
5 years since a house was burned down in Vidor when a black male moved in with his white girlfriend
Currently, the first and only Black President is considered the "anti-Christ" in some circles!  :o

It hasn't been that long ago, when a governor of Arkansas addressed integration of the school system and said, "We, as [glow=red,2,300]Americans[/glow], cannot allow this to happen!"  Almost to think that Blacks aren't Americans.  

I say all that to say this, [b]"We still have a long way to go!"[/b]

[/quote]

very true...

only trouble is, the people that need to be complained to are gone.

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="867693" timestamp="1286454614"]
This thread turned out to be funny!!! However, it is more real than some want to openly admit.  After 200 years of slavery, maybe, just maybe the blacks deserve at least 150 years of complaining!!! Just a thought! 

56 years of integration
29 years in Beaumont ISD
Currently, the first and only Black President is considered the "anti-Christ" in some circles!  :o

It hasn't been that long ago, when a governor of Arkansas addressed integration of the school system and said, "We, as [glow=red,2,300]Americans[/glow], cannot allow this to happen!"  Almost to think that Blacks aren't Americans. 

I say all that to say this, "We still have a long way to go!"

[/quote]
Yes, Absent, we have a long way to go, but its better than it was a generation ago, and its up to guys like us to make it better for the next generation. Whatever our racial, ethnic, religious or socio-economic background is, we have to work together to make it better for all Americans. I think most all of us get that. A generation ago, there were more of those that didt get it.

[quote name="dayton" post="867697" timestamp="1286455452"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=73939.msg867693#msg867693 date=1286454614]
This thread turned out to be funny!!! However, it is more real than some want to openly admit.  After 200 years of slavery, maybe, just maybe the blacks deserve at least 150 years of complaining!!! Just a thought!  

56 years of integration
29 years in Beaumont ISD
Currently, the first and only Black President is considered the "anti-Christ" in some circles!  :o

It hasn't been that long ago, when a governor of Arkansas addressed integration of the school system and said, "We, as [glow=red,2,300]Americans[/glow], cannot allow this to happen!"  Almost to think that Blacks aren't Americans.  

[/quote]

very true...

[/quote]

True, but their ideals and values aren't! That lives on!!! The problems are that you can' forget the effects it has had on the society.  Do you really believe that the effects of 2 and a half centuries of oppression and abuse could be overcome in five decades?  There are social and economic strong-holds that still need to be overcome.  There are stains that won't leave in 50 years, just like hatred and racism hasn't disappeared in that same time frame! I do believe the responsibility lies amongst the blacks, but the opportunities don't!!!!!  Back to football!!!!!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="867751" timestamp="1286461059"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=73939.msg867697#msg867697 date=1286455452]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=73939.msg867693#msg867693 date=1286454614]

56 years of integration
29 years in Beaumont ISD

[/quote]

very true...

[/quote]

True, but their ideals and values aren't! That lives on!!! The problems are that you can' forget the effects it has had on the society.  [b]Do you really believe that the effects of 2 and a half centuries of oppression and abuse could be overcome in [u]five decades[/u]?[/b]  There are social and economic strong-holds that still need to be overcome.  There are stains that won't leave in 50 years, just like hatred and racism hasn't disappeared in that same time frame! I do believe the responsibility lies amongst the blacks, [b]but the opportunities don't!!!!!  [/b] Back to football!!!!!
[/quote]

no and not in 15 either  ;)

All I'm saying is the people that truly needed to pay the price never paid it.

specifically what opportunities are missing that hinders them from their responsibility?

ON TOPIC: Go Broncos!

If you go back in History, this type of oppression existed way more than 2.5 centuries.  The beginning of correcting these types of wrong doing started with the founding of this great country.  Sure it took many years after that, but it began here and it has had an impact back to where it came from.  Too many folks still linger in the past while the solutions lie ahead.  Perhaps our maker had a hand in allowing  this country seperate itself from the rest of the world and by all means against the odds.  Perhaps this was the seed that was nourished over time and everyones's freedoms grew out of it.  Maybe we should put the fighting, suffering, and struggles behind and build on even a better future for all of us.  Trying to understand "WHY" just might stunt our growth. Rather than feeding RACISM, lets feed each other.

Our maker is very clear in these intentions.  I can show you where he ask us of this, but I believe most of you know.
Peace everywhere except between the goal post.  ;)

Guest tappedout
So I guess America still owe's ya'll something. And I'm certain that black's have never committed any hate crime's against white's. This is a football forum not a site for us to discuss how people generation's before you were treated.