Langston game sold out

[quote name="bigred360" post="867412" timestamp="1286407467"]
Call the ticket office to see if I could get a couple more tickets and the ticket manager said they were sold out.

Great to see the fan's are still supporting the team. For those without a ticket, Fox 4 has the game with pre-game starting at 5:30PM.

Go Big Red!
[/quote]

Yeah it sold out on Monday I believe

[quote name="puddin tane" post="867637" timestamp="1286421926"]
wish they wouldnt put games within 3 hr drive on tv, [b]and [b]especially[/b] home games..[/b]
[/quote]

I got nothing wrong with home games on TV but it should be subject to blackout if game is not sold out

[quote name="Javelina" post="867641" timestamp="1286423576"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74061.msg867637#msg867637 date=1286421926]
wish they wouldnt put games within 3 hr drive on tv, [b]and [b]especially[/b] home games..[/b]
[/quote]

I got nothing wrong with home games on TV but it should be subject to blackout if game is not sold out
[/quote]
agreed

[quote name="theyoungballcoach" post="867864" timestamp="1286467970"]
You better go to the game because you probably will miss most of the game on Fox 4. 
[/quote] Agree!  If their coverage is as bad as it was the first time you need to turn down the sound and listen on KLVI--they cover all of the plays.  The plays are covered as they happen (not with a delay) and the radio people have a spotter--tv coverage left you guessing about who made tackles.  Hopefully, they'll get better but right now the tv coverage is no competition.

I watched the Lamar/SHSU Game online and it was "sold out," but I still saw a few pockets of empty seats.

Is this like the Texans where they've sold out every game since they opened, but still have tons of empty seats.

Technically, every game should be a sell out because students can get free tickets, they just won't show up.

[quote name="sleepy" post="867776" timestamp="1286462868"]
[quote author=Javelina link=topic=74061.msg867641#msg867641 date=1286423576]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74061.msg867637#msg867637 date=1286421926]
[/quote]

[/quote]
agreed
[/quote]

say that when the weather aint so pretty...sell out doesnt mean people show up...LU needs seats in the stands, not seats on the couch

Lamar is going to rely heavily on ticket sales to support the football program so they need to do all they can do keep the stadium full.  Season ticket sales are important because on bad weather days when there's a sparse crowd at least those seats have been paid for.  I'm sure televising the games locally is very much about promoting football and Lamar doesn't make much from Fox 4, and any short term loss of ticket sales will be made up by getting people out to see future games.

[quote name="coachacola" post="867946" timestamp="1286474396"]
Lamar is going to rely heavily on ticket sales to support the football program so they need to do all they can do keep the stadium full.  Season ticket sales are important because on bad weather days when there's a sparse crowd at least those seats have been paid for.  I'm sure televising the games locally is very much about promoting football and Lamar doesn't make much from Fox 4, and any short term loss of ticket sales will be made up by getting people out to see future games.
[/quote]

Thats the thinking but I don't think it ever worked for the Basketball team.  We all no that nothing works very well, except winning.  That is the sure fire ticket sale promotion that always works (and the better the competition you can beat, the better the crowds).  I'm sure Puddin would disagree with me though.

Contrary to what people think, most athletic venues make their money off of concessions, not ticket sales. Look at Minute Maid Park and you'll see why they are willing to give up those cheap seats at the top. Their intention is to get you in there and for you to buy popcorn, hotdogs and sodas that all cost you 10 times more than it cost them.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="867957" timestamp="1286475376"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74061.msg867946#msg867946 date=1286474396]
[/quote]

Thats the thinking but I don't think it ever worked for the Basketball team.  We all no that nothing works very well, except winning.  That is the sure fire ticket sale promotion that always works (and the better the competition you can beat, the better the crowds).  I'm sure Puddin would disagree with me though.
[/quote]

i agree with ya alot on the stuff that doesnt have WAC in the post...

[quote name="GetSome" post="868011" timestamp="1286479216"]
I think all games should be televised as long as the TV station is willing to give up some of the sponsorship money to the Lamar program.  There are many people unable to go to the games for many reasons.  GO BIG RED!
[/quote]

I love that the games are televised. I think that sends a strong message that people and business are supporting Lamar football.

[quote name="bigred360" post="867849" timestamp="1286467113"]
Agree with you guys about having the games on TV when the Cards are at home. The games subject to blackout if not sold out or having the games on a tape delayed basis.
[/quote]

That's a tough one.  I could see where knowing the games aren't going to be on tv could possibly drive ticket sale even more.  I guess I'd like to know what the revenue is from Fox 4.  If it isn't enough to offset lost ticket sales I'd definitely be against televising any games.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="867871" timestamp="1286469097"]
I watched the Lamar/SHSU Game online and it was "sold out," but I still saw a few pockets of empty seats.

Is this like the Texans where they've sold out every game since they opened, but still have tons of empty seats.

Technically, every game should be a sell out because students can get free tickets, they just won't show up.
[/quote]

I watched the game in person and it sure felt packed to me.  I think there were a few empty seats in the 'gold' section (which is actually red).  These are the seatback seats...the good ones.  I've been impressed with the student turnout thus far.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="867997" timestamp="1286478193"]
Contrary to what people think, most athletic venues make their money off of concessions, not ticket sales. Look at Minute Maid Park and you'll see why they are willing to give up those cheap seats at the top. Their intention is to get you in there and for you to buy popcorn, hotdogs and sodas that all cost you 10 times more than it cost them.

[/quote]

We definitely need to upgrade the concessions.  They ran out of peanuts, the popcorn sucked, and the food just needs to be better.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham