Texarkana College - Conference Tournament at Angelina College in Lufkin

TC ends up 3-0-1 for the weekend with wins over:
TC  7-2  over Paris
TC  3-3  tie with Panola
TC  10-0 over Bossier Parrish
TC  6-2  over North Texas CC
The last three games were played with the new bats which are a game changer for sure. The Angelina College field is very nice and a good spot for tournaments.

[quote name="bkatdog" post="870807" timestamp="1286670402"]
TC ends up 3-0-1 for the weekend with wins over:
TC  7-2  over Paris
TC  3-3  tie with Panola
TC  10-0 over Bossier Parrish
TC  6-2  over North Texas CC
The last three games were played with the new bats which are a game changer for sure. The Angelina College field is very nice and a good spot for tournaments.
[/quote]

The new bats are only supposed to affect the contact speed off the bat, not the distance the ball travels.

Angelina's field is great though, for sure.

at our tournament here this weekend at Angelina, we still had a ton of hard hit balls, and a couple of homeruns, but you can tell the difference as a pitcher of how the ball is coming off the bat. unless you hit it on the sweet spot which is probably the size of a baseball width, then you'll have lazy pop ups and stuff like that...bats definately aint hot like the old ones

[quote name="LoveoftheGame" post="871934" timestamp="1286769445"]
They may say it only affects the "contact speed off the bat", but this coincides with ball travel. You won't see nearly the amount of collegiate homeruns this year, that I can guarantee you AJ.
[/quote]

Like I said, it only effects contact off the bat.. I saw some bombs dropped in the tourney, hit the sweet spot and it goes just as far. It's just one step closer to an all wood baseball league. As a pitcher, I love em. I know a ball won't kill me when it's a comeback off of those bats.. But I also know that if I leave it over the middle of the plate and it hits the sweet spot, nothing changes compared to the old bats.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo