Baytown Sterling at Beaumont West Brook Game Thread/WB Wins!!!!!

Oh what a difference in the game Reyes makes. Once again, the offense sputtered when Coach Stump pulled him out early in the 4th. Lil Stump, Im sorry to say, is not the answer for WB at the QB position for next year. This looks like a textbook definition of nepitism to me. Reyes and the starters looked decent tonight. Got the points when we needed to, and I dont think anybody got hurt. Overall, I give tonights performance a "B". Looking better, but still alot to improve on. On to North Shore next week.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="869806" timestamp="1286594109"]
Oh what a difference in the game Reyes makes. Once again, the offense sputtered when Coach Stump pulled him out early in the 4th. Lil Stump, Im sorry to say, is not the answer for WB at the QB position for next year. This looks like a textbook definition of nepitism to me. Reyes and the starters looked decent tonight. Got the points when we needed to, and I dont think anybody got hurt. Overall, I give tonights performance a "B". Looking better, but still alot to improve on. On to North Shore next week.
[/quote]
I agree that Reyes is Da Man, but take it easy on Lil stump, he was in on one set of downs and Da brook was driving and moving the chains---he made a great run for 15-20 yards and took what look like a cheap shot out of bounds and was shaken up.  Went back in hurt for a couple of plays when it was wisely decided to pull him out.  A bad snap and horrible punt is what made the drive stutter.  You seem to be a little rough on him ----

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="869895" timestamp="1286595728"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=74160.msg869806#msg869806 date=1286594109]
[/quote]
I agree that Reyes is Da Man, but take it easy on Lil stump, he was in on one set of downs and Da brook was driving and moving the chains---he made a great run for 15-20 yards and took what look like a cheap shot out of bounds and was shaken up.  Went back in hurt for a couple of plays when it was wisely decided to pull him out.  A bad snap and horrible punt is what made the drive stutter.  You seem to be a little rough on him ----
[/quote]
Josh will be fine...he needs to heel up for sure! ;D

Guest Newbie
I agree.  Remember where Lil Rey was last year at this time?  He's come a long way.  Lil Stump has a lot of growing up to do in FB but he'll get there.

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="869895" timestamp="1286595728"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=74160.msg869806#msg869806 date=1286594109]
[/quote]
I agree that Reyes is Da Man, but take it easy on Lil stump, he was in on one set of downs and Da brook was driving and moving the chains---he made a great run for 15-20 yards and took what look like a cheap shot out of bounds and was shaken up.  Went back in hurt for a couple of plays when it was wisely decided to pull him out.  A bad snap and [b]horrible punt [/b] is what made the drive stutter.  You seem to be a little rough on him ----
[/quote]
If your punting then the drive was over once it was 4th down and your punting. Never seen a first down given to the offense on a good punt ;D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="869912" timestamp="1286596080"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=74160.msg869895#msg869895 date=1286595728]
[/quote]
I agree that Reyes is Da Man, but take it easy on Lil stump, he was in on one set of downs and Da brook was driving and moving the chains---he made a great run for 15-20 yards and took what look like a cheap shot out of bounds and was shaken up.  Went back in hurt for a couple of plays when it was wisely decided to pull him out.  A bad snap and [b]horrible punt [/b] is what made the drive stutter.  You seem to be a little rough on him ----
[/quote]
If your punting then the drive was over once it was 4th down and your punting. Never seen a first down given to the offense on a good punt ;D
[/quote]

Ok scalper, let me rephrase this.  A bad snap to Reyes  on third down resulting in a long loss making it 4th and 31 followed by a 12 yard punt..  does this help? :P

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="869915" timestamp="1286596100"]
Ok, maybe I'm a little hard on him. But you have to admit, the offense becomes very one-dimensional when he's under center, because all we do is run the ball. This worries me a bit. What is Reyes gets hurt again? Just concerned.
[/quote]
He's not allowed to get hurt anymore...I told him this..

Back to Reyes---have not seen the stats yet--but passing yardage, completion ratio, and yards after catch have to be impressive.  He hits receivers on the run as pretty as any high school quarterback i've seen---and i am getting old.  He has unbelievable footwork in the backfield and the most dangerous pump fake that even gets the fans lost.  He is an awesome QB surrouunded by lots of talent.  He knows how to use all of his tools.  

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="869952" timestamp="1286596873"]
Back to Reyes---have not seen the stats yet--but passing yardage, completion ratio, and yards after catch have to be impressive.  He hits receivers on the run as pretty as any high school quarterback i've seen---and i am getting old.  He has unbelievable footwork in the backfield and the most dangerous pump fake that even gets the fans lost.  He is an awesome QB surrouunded by lots of talent.  He knows how to use all of his tools.  
[/quote]that's very kind of you to say...they are a well coached team that work very hard... 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham