Lamar vs. South Alabama Predictions................

Lazeek

[quote name="JJWooten" post="875326" timestamp="1287158736"]
I said it on Katfans, and I'll say it here. I think Lamar gets routed again, 42-13.
[/quote]

I expected more points in the game, but I still predicted a 19 point win by USA. USA wins by 26. UND next week will be tough, especially on the road. This may be the longest trip for some of these kids

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="puddin tane" post="876968" timestamp="1287243297"]
Raiders--
now that there is a football fan...probably 30-40 yrs old, wearing his letter jacket out to motiva...has a Lumpton Raider  on his hardhat... ::)

[color=red]GO BIG RED[/color]
[/quote]puddin, looks like i was right on with my prediction, but ur post was funny!! Didn't mean to strike a nerve, but come on, LU has work to do! and alot of it! starting with your boy bevil. (i am 29 though!! u were close!) just not on the score!! lol

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="877777" timestamp="1287283356"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74465.msg876968#msg876968 date=1287243297]
Raiders--
now that there is a football fan...probably 30-40 yrs old, wearing his letter jacket out to motiva...has a Lumpton Raider  on his hardhat... ::)

[/quote]puddin, looks like i was right on with my prediction, but ur post was funny!! Didn't mean to strike a nerve, but come on, LU has work to do! and alot of it! starting with your boy bevil. (i am 29 though!! u were close!) just not on the score!! lol
[/quote]
Bevil is just not very good.  he'll throw an occasional pretty bomb but he misses too many open receivers, makes very poor decisions, and turns the ball over way too much.  I'd like to see someone else get a chance.  In his defense, we did have too many dropped balls.

Our offensive coordinator is pathetic.  Why can't we ever 'go big' and try to run it down somebody's throat and mix in play action passes?  Why don't we ever throw a screen pass?  Why can't we ever throw the ball over the middle?  I mean we as so predictable it is sickening.

I thought our defense played pretty good given the situations they were continually put in.  But, again, can't we blitz more?  Can't we try to force more turnovers?

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="877834" timestamp="1287284606"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877777#msg877777 date=1287283356]
Raiders--

[/quote]
Bevil is just not very good.  he'll throw an occasional pretty bomb but he misses too many open receivers, makes very poor decisions, and turns the ball over way too much.  I'd like to see someone else get a chance.  In his defense, we did have too many dropped balls.

[b]Our offensive coordinator is pathetic.  Why can't we ever 'go big' and try to run it down somebody's throat and mix in play action passes?  Why don't we ever throw a screen pass?  Why can't we ever throw the ball over the middle?  I mean we as so predictable it is sickening.
[/b]
I thought our defense played pretty good given the situations they were continually put in.  But, again, can't we blitz more?  Can't we try to force more turnovers?

[/quote]

Welcome to the SHSU complaints over the past 2 years. He's the most predictable offensive coordinator there is. I agree with giving someone else a shot. Hell, we gave the freshman Bell a shot and he's our starter now and we've won 4 in a row. This year doesn't matter (in terms of playoffs), so why not test everyone out.

We need to quit complaining about our running backs and go out and get some offensive lineman and a quarterback . Thats how I see it..
We can't block anyone...My sons 7-8 year old tackle team won 27-0 today and i'm not sure we could have scored if Lamar's line would have been blocking..

[quote name="JJWooten" post="877870" timestamp="1287285553"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74465.msg877834#msg877834 date=1287284606]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877777#msg877777 date=1287283356]
Raiders--

[/quote]

[b]Our offensive coordinator is pathetic.  Why can't we ever 'go big' and try to run it down somebody's throat and mix in play action passes?  Why don't we ever throw a screen pass?  Why can't we ever throw the ball over the middle?  I mean we as so predictable it is sickening.
[/b]

[/quote]

Welcome to the SHSU complaints over the past 2 years. He's the most predictable offensive coordinator there is. I agree with giving someone else a shot. heck, we gave the freshman Bell a shot and he's our starter now and we've won 4 in a row. This year doesn't matter (in terms of playoffs), so why not test everyone out.
[/quote]

From what I remember we ran twice out of the I formation the whole damn game.  That's it, twice.  And I don't recall any play action passes.  jAnd not one screen pass, not one wide receiver screen.  Nothing!  Most of the plays were that stupid damn spread without a play action.  It is sickening to watch!

And good lord, how many screw ups from Bevil do we have to put up with??!!!

[quote name="puddin tane" post="875369" timestamp="1287163069"]
[quote author=Texantagonise link=topic=74465.msg875363#msg875363 date=1287162484]
I'm going to give Lamar the WIN!  Mostly because I'm a Homer. But also Nicholls was able to get to USA with the big play.  Caston for Nicholls threw for over 300 yards against USA.  His second highest this season was 124 yards against Western Michigan.  Nicholls has scoring pass plays of 95 and 47 yards. If there is one thing we know Lamar can do it throw it DEEP.

21 to 17 LU
[/quote]

they run, we throw....their #1 rb is done...they havent played anyone that can throw

LU 28-24
[/quote]

well, they still aint played anyone who can throw

[size=14pt][size=12pt][b]that was really really sad[/b][/size][/size].........offense is like watching paint dry, with an occasional drip for excitement

[b]who is the OC[/b],?  where'd he get fired from?  We paying that fool? He should refund everyone's ticket money after this display.

an my GOD man, give another qb a chance..if he sucks, he sucks...what ya got to lose.....your losing the crowd doing what your doing...

TE?, stick him on Dline...cant catch a cold

[b]hats off to the D, they played a good game.[/b]

hope epke isnt hurt bad.......

[quote name="puddin tane" post="877935" timestamp="1287287365"]
  [size=14pt][size=12pt][b]that was really really sad[/b][/size][/size].........offense is like watching paint dry, with an occasional drip for excitement

[b]who is the OC[/b],?  where'd he get fired from?  We paying that fool? He should refund everyone's ticket money after this display.

an my GOD man, give another qb a chance..if he sucks, he sucks...what ya got to lose.....your losing the crowd doing what your doing...

[/quote]puddin, u crack me up just the opposite of what you have been preaching about. lol. "support our local talent". lol now the sudden change of heart? why? so now ur jumping ship. hell no, you sit there and keep drinking the kool aid you and all the others have been drinking since the first game at mcneese. don't you duck out now! or is that the kinda guy you are? the first sign of trouble in the water and you jump ship? lol, what a joke.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="877949" timestamp="1287287925"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74465.msg877935#msg877935 date=1287287365]

[/quote]puddin, u crack me up just the opposite of what you have been preaching about. lol. "support our local talent". lol now the sudden change of heart? why? so now ur jumping ship. heck no, you sit there and keep drinking the kool aid you and all the others have been drinking since the first game at mcneese. don't you duck out now! or is that the kinda guy you are? the first sign of trouble in the water and you jump ship? lol, what a joke.
[/quote]

bite me, i was there till the bitter end...if you'd been there, you'd be ticked off too...  got that LHS jacket on?...cruising the drag....

[quote name="puddin tane" post="877966" timestamp="1287288549"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877949#msg877949 date=1287287925]

[/quote]puddin, u crack me up just the opposite of what you have been preaching about. lol. "support our local talent". lol now the sudden change of heart? why? so now ur jumping ship. heck no, you sit there and keep drinking the kool aid you and all the others have been drinking since the first game at mcneese. don't you duck out now! or is that the kinda guy you are? the first sign of trouble in the water and you jump ship? lol, what a joke.
[/quote]

bite me, i was there till the bitter end...if you'd been there, you'd be ticked off too...  got that LHS jacket on?...cruising the drag....

[/quote]ur right, i wasn't there and i won't ever be there again until they bring some talent to lamar, i have real college games to watch at 6 o'clock on sat nights. i will never waste my money on garbage, that's another flaw LU has, trying to compete with ESPN's game of the week which are all at night, but that's another talk show. but u keep showing up, cause lamar won't.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="877980" timestamp="1287288862"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74465.msg877966#msg877966 date=1287288549]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877949#msg877949 date=1287287925]

[/quote]

[/quote].[b] i will never waste my money on garbage, [/b]
[/quote]
I guess you don't make it to any high school game then.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="877980" timestamp="1287288862"]

[/quote]

[/quote]ur right, i wasn't there and i won't ever be there again until they bring some talent to lamar, i have real college games to watch at 6 o'clock on sat nights. i will never waste my money on garbage, that's another flaw LU has, trying to compete with ESPN's game of the week which are all at night, but that's another talk show. but u keep showing up, cause lamar won't.
[/quote]
Now you are just being stupid!  For starters, we actually have several players from your 'game of the week' schools.  Secondly, we have some of your relatives (we all know that everyone from lumpyton is related) on our team and playing (ok, maybe you are right about the talent deal since we are having to play some lumpyton kids).  Third, LU is our school.  Fourth, do you think by NOT going out to the games that you are helping them get better?  I could go on and on and on...

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="877994" timestamp="1287289282"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877980#msg877980 date=1287288862]

[/quote]

[/quote].[b] i will never waste my money on garbage, [/b]
[/quote]
I guess you don't make it to any high school game then.
[/quote]

i bet he's at every home game..strutting aroung in his letter jacket from 1985 lumpyton..re-living glory days, that get better and better every year as time goes by
typical un-fan that LU doesnt need..wannabe longhorn/aggie/ thinks football in se texas ends at 10pm friday nite

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="878002" timestamp="1287289533"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877980#msg877980 date=1287288862]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Now you are just being stupid!  For starters, we actually have several players from your 'game of the week' schools.  Secondly, we have some of your relatives (we all know that everyone from lumpyton is related) on our team and playing (ok, maybe you are right about the talent deal since we are having to play some lumpyton kids).  Third, LU is our school.  Fourth, do you think by NOT going out to the games that you are helping them get better?  I could go on and on and on...
[/quote]yeah, u can go on and on and on and it all means nothing if you think about it. as far as i know only 11 on off and 11 on def matter, the fans can't compete genius. just ask nebraska fans who had 80,000 plus there today, and not a one of them saw any action, i could go on and on and on.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="878015" timestamp="1287289997"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74465.msg878002#msg878002 date=1287289533]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]yeah, u can go on and on and on and it all means nothing if you think about it. as far as i know only 11 on off and 11 on def matter, the fans can't compete genius. just ask nebraska fans who had 80,000 plus there today, and not a one of them saw any action, i could go on and on and on.
[/quote]

Oh ok, genius, so if Nebraska only had 1000 fans at every home game they'd still be the Nebraska football program we know today?  Fan support doesn't matter to a program?  I suppose that's why Nebraska is a top 10 program and has been recruited away to the Big Ten?  Has nothing to do with fan support, right?

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="879154" timestamp="1287365854"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg878015#msg878015 date=1287289997]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74465.msg878002#msg878002 date=1287289533]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Oh ok, genius, so if Nebraska only had 1000 fans at every home game they'd still be the Nebraska football program we know today?  Fan support doesn't matter to a program?  I suppose that's why Nebraska is a top 10 program and has been recruited away to the Big Ten?  Has nothing to do with fan support, right?
[/quote]I never said fan support doesn't matter, i simply said that me not going isn't going to make the team better. That's all. and the reason being I can't play , and neither can you. I also said if LU wants my support, they have got to bring in the talent. they have the facilities, now where is the product?? quit with all the. if you have nothing but slander to bring to these topics, then stay off the boards.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="878100" timestamp="1287304839"]
Was there a point to that last post? Bring some talent? We are a first year program! We can't just go recruit Tim Tebow!
[/quote]was there a point to your reply at all? s ala is in yr 2 of there program, they have no prob recruting there, and i bet they don't have half of the facilities LU has and they strummed LU 26-0?? logic? oh yeah, there's none. are you not keeping up with the same team as i am or what? LU is degressing as a whole, not getting better.

[quote name="bigred360" post="879994" timestamp="1287442047"]
Not to join the debate as you guys got it going on but South Alabama has a pretty nice football facility in Mobile to play in and recruit to.

http://www.laddpeeblesstadium.com/#
[/quote]I know where they play at, but in all fairness, LU has way better facilities, ladd peebles is big, but not ALL brand new like Lamar. (weight room, locker room, film room, the whole 9 yds.)

[quote name="bigred360" post="879994" timestamp="1287442047"]
Not to join the debate as you guys got it going on but South Alabama has a pretty nice football facility in Mobile to play in and recruit to.

http://www.laddpeeblesstadium.com/#
[/quote]
talked with some of the south bammy's people..there is a big push for an on-campus stadium there

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4