Lamar vs. South Alabama Predictions................

Lazeek

[quote name="bigred360" post="880008" timestamp="1287443215"]
Yep, I can't disagree there. Lamar does indeed have nice facilities for football. The only thing missing is a indoor practice facility. Any donors out there?  ;D
[/quote]

Earlier this year I asked Woodard about an indoor facility when he did that online chat with the Beaumont Enterprise and he said Lamar doesn't need one, but I'm sure if someone ponied up the money they wouldn't turn them down.  Hopefully they'll have to expand the stadium soon due to demand.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="coachacola" post="880199" timestamp="1287453368"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74465.msg880008#msg880008 date=1287443215]
Yep, I can't disagree there. Lamar does indeed have nice facilities for football. The only thing missing is a indoor practice facility. Any donors out there?  ;D
[/quote]

Earlier this year I asked Woodard about an indoor facility when he did that online chat with the Beaumont Enterprise and he said Lamar doesn't need one, but I'm sure if someone ponied up the money they wouldn't turn them down.  Hopefully they'll have to expand the stadium soon due to demand.
[/quote]demand? are you serious?

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="880220" timestamp="1287454003"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74465.msg880199#msg880199 date=1287453368]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Knowing coachacola yes, I believe he is serious. This is our first year so there is excitement about everything being new so Lamar has to start winning next year to keep the fan attendance up.

I still believe we can address the issues which are causing us to lose games this off season with recruiting an the players having a facility to actually lift weights, work on getting faster by hitting the fast twitch muscle fibers (Perform sets of short sprints twice a week in addition to your regular workout routine. Maximum effort sprints over distances between 20 and 50 meters give your fast twitch muscle fibers a fantastic workout. Add one or two session of longer sprints to your weekly workout. Going all-out for more than 50 meters is extremely tiring, so run these sprints at around 85 percent effort for the best results. Focus on quickness and fluidity of motion. Do plyometric exercises once or twice a week. Hops, bounds, skips and leaps challenge your fast twitch fibers to produce incredible levels of force. Make time for weight training. Research studies show a direct link between maximum strength and overall speed, so using heavy weights to make yourself stronger will beef up your fast twitch fibers. Eat a balanced diet with plenty of protein to encourage muscle healing and growth. Recovering from sprint workouts and heavy lifting sessions is tough without a solid protein base. Aim to eat .4 grams of protein for each pound that you weigh.) and getting bigger, having another session of spring practice and playing more games together as a team. I truely believe we'll be more competitive in the next couple of years.

So, back to the original statement, if we improve to the point of competing for conference championships there will be a demand to expand the stadium. JMO

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="880220" timestamp="1287454003"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74465.msg880199#msg880199 date=1287453368]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey you friggin igdiot, haven't you noticed we sold out 2 of the first 3 games.  I thought you were a moron and then you opened your mouth and removed all doubt.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="877980" timestamp="1287288862"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74465.msg877966#msg877966 date=1287288549]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877949#msg877949 date=1287287925]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74465.msg877935#msg877935 date=1287287365]
  [size=14pt][size=12pt][b]that was really really sad[/b][/size][/size].........offense is like watching paint dry, with an occasional drip for excitement

[b]who is the OC[/b],?  where'd he get fired from?  We paying that fool? He should refund everyone's ticket money after this display.

an my GOD man, give another qb a chance..if he sucks, he sucks...what ya got to lose.....your losing the crowd doing what your doing...

TE?, stick him on Dline...cant catch a cold

[b]hats off to the D, they played a good game.[/b]

hope epke isnt hurt bad.......
[/quote]puddin, u crack me up just the opposite of what you have been preaching about. lol. "support our local talent". lol now the sudden change of heart? why? so now ur jumping ship. heck no, you sit there and keep drinking the kool aid you and all the others have been drinking since the first game at mcneese. don't you duck out now! or is that the kinda guy you are? the first sign of trouble in the water and you jump ship? lol, what a joke.
[/quote]

bite me, i was there till the bitter end...if you'd been there, you'd be ticked off too...  got that LHS jacket on?...cruising the drag....

[/quote]ur right, i wasn't there and i won't ever be there again until they bring some talent to lamar, i have real college games to watch at 6 o'clock on sat nights. i will never waste my money on garbage, that's another flaw LU has, trying to compete with ESPN's game of the week which are all at night, but that's another talk show. but u keep showing up, cause lamar won't.
[/quote]

shut up, inbred

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="881259" timestamp="1287542127"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877980#msg877980 date=1287288862]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877949#msg877949 date=1287287925]
  [size=14pt][size=12pt][b]that was really really sad[/b][/size][/size].........offense is like watching paint dry, with an occasional drip for excitement

[b]who is the OC[/b],?  where'd he get fired from?  We paying that fool? He should refund everyone's ticket money after this display.

an my GOD man, give another qb a chance..if he sucks, he sucks...what ya got to lose.....your losing the crowd doing what your doing...

[/quote]puddin, u crack me up just the opposite of what you have been preaching about. lol. "support our local talent". lol now the sudden change of heart? why? so now ur jumping ship. heck no, you sit there and keep drinking the kool aid you and all the others have been drinking since the first game at mcneese. don't you duck out now! or is that the kinda guy you are? the first sign of trouble in the water and you jump ship? lol, what a joke.
[/quote]

bite me, i was there till the bitter end...if you'd been there, you'd be ticked off too...  got that LHS jacket on?...cruising the drag....

[/quote]ur right, i wasn't there and i won't ever be there again until they bring some talent to lamar, i have real college games to watch at 6 o'clock on sat nights. i will never waste my money on garbage, that's another flaw LU has, trying to compete with ESPN's game of the week which are all at night, but that's another talk show. but u keep showing up, cause lamar won't.
[/quote]

shut up, inbred
[/quote]what's up with all the name calling? say what you have to say, bring some facts, and listen, you might learn some things!! I've stated nothing BUT facts, i'm not calling you names?? Very classy mister moderator!

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="881153" timestamp="1287537693"]
Agreed. But at Lamar if we don't win and don't get the support we can't survive. (See 1989) we can't be like some of those pro teams like the Pirates or Lions or Grizzlies.
[/quote]

Guys, that is why they would only bring back football if the students voted on it and passed the student fees for football. We don't have to worry about dropping the football program again but if there isn't fan support a move to a FBS conference will be impossible. We'll be stuck in FCS. I'm not slamming the SLC now. Just giving a couple of facts.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="881344" timestamp="1287544113"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74465.msg881259#msg881259 date=1287542127]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg877980#msg877980 date=1287288862]

[/quote]

[/quote]

shut up, inbred
[/quote]what's up with all the name calling? say what you have to say, bring some facts, and listen, you might learn some things!! I've stated nothing BUT facts, i'm not calling you names?? Very classy mister moderator!
[/quote]

AggiesAreWeNot isn't a moderator. You must be thinking of AggieAreWe who is an administration.

[quote name="bigred360" post="881491" timestamp="1287573624"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=74465.msg881344#msg881344 date=1287544113]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=74465.msg881259#msg881259 date=1287542127]

[/quote]

[/quote]

shut up, inbred
[/quote]

AggiesAreWeNot isn't a moderator. You must be thinking of AggieAreWe who is an administration.
[/quote]my apologies, i had the two mixed up. sorry 'bout that aggiesarewe. i think i've made this mistake a few times, i apologize seriously.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4