Galena Park vs. Crosby Game Thread/Crosby wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="876606" timestamp="1287202051"]
Sounds like a defensive battle.  Hate that i missed this well balanced game.
[/quote]

HAHHA. Cougs had 2 picks to clinch it... and pretty damn good pass defense for most the game.

Lets see ill pull out my phone that i sent to WOS.

GP scores 30 yard pass after blocked kick 7-0 GP
Cougs then anser with 40 yard run and 25 yard pass 7-7
Cougs score on 60 yard pass to Hebert (after another td got called back) missed xp 13-7
98 yard cougar drive after a pick 20-7

Ok this was kinda zaney
Cougs stop gp gp punts hits coug gp recovers gp 3 and out snap goes over punter head get ball on 40. cougs score again 27-7

GP has a very good drive scores (3rd and 14 big catch by #11 hes got a vertical)

COUGS fumble the ball and returned 70 yard fumble.

Cougs score at end of half 34-21

COUGS 390 yards in first half

GP scores first in 2nd half great run by # 32

Cougs go 56 for td great screen block by Forrest Tyler, we score on 2 yard scamper.

Weird defensive holding call, wasn't thier but it was on 4th down and the cougs defense (SS smashed the wide reciever in perfect timing) but apparently their was defensive holding at some point. causes GP TD 41-35 Cougs

Cougs run the ball about 10 times for 65 yards and a score 48-35

GP just throws a perfect BOMB 48-42 in fourth

GP gets ball with 3:22 left in game Crosby gets a pick returns to the 13

Merka Score on great 13 yard play. 55-42

Cougs PICK them again and assume the victory position.

Ive been doing this so might as well do it again.

[quote name="rollinac" post="876640" timestamp="1287202864"]
Personally I like mine seared with a Cabernet Sauce.  Didn't think Crosby had the firepower to stay with GP...guess they do.  I'm still wondering how you give up points to Lee however. 
[/quote]

HAHHA. They got a play working against us late. =P

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschoolsports/results.html?site=default&mkt=&Season=2010&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=78700&TeamID=138&SearchType=Teams

Galena Park Crosby
Total yards 363 580
First downs 18 24
Rushes/Yds 28/111 48/305
Average rush 3.96 6.35
Comp/Atts 10/35/3 17/30/0
Pass yards 252 275
Comp pct 28.57 56.67
Punts 2 1
Punting Yards 76 31
Punting Average 38 31
Fumbles/Lost 2/0 3/2
Penalties-yards 3-22 10-76

Neither team had much defense.  The QB for GP is a wild-cat.  He'll throw the ball to spots regardless if anyone is there or not.  He throws way too hard most of the time.  Special teams did very bad and very good for both sides.  For every 3 mistakes, they make a great play.  GP has two good defensive ends and their running back would be much better if they actually let him run.  Their problem seems to be coaching, not players.  Crosby needs to put super-glue on #11 hands.....two fumbles by the first half.  If you can throw the ball, you beat GP.  Play defense and you beat Crosby.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="876550" timestamp="1287200801"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74501.msg876534#msg876534 date=1287200560]
Great Game Cougs battled all night it was strike counter-strike but the cougs always had the ball with the lead, GP had 2x tries at getting ahead, one was picked, the other they elected to punt on 4th and 3 inside their territory.

Victory formation and victory dance have occurred.

Hold up who said we wouldn't score 50? i have some crow for you Purpleforever.
[/quote]
You might have scored 50 but yall gave up over 40.
If Galena Park can put over 40 on yall, no limit to what the Broncos can do.
Congrats on the victory.  Lots of offense.  October 29 is quickly approaching.
[/quote]

It's easy to look at a score and jump to conclusions. GP only scored in the 20s on Dayton but they  gained more yards on the Broncos than Crosby.  What did they throw, 5 picks in one half? That will keep a team from scoring. I don't know, I think we just need to let Oct 29th get here and let it be settled on the field. You obviously want the trophy back, and Crosby wants to keep it. You can make assumptions based on all sorts of factors, but if the Cougars play well, they will be hard to stop. #8 is a stud. Furthermore, everyone knows that Dayton is playing well and has lots of talent. It should be a good game.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="876799" timestamp="1287213452"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=74501.msg876550#msg876550 date=1287200801]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74501.msg876534#msg876534 date=1287200560]
Great Game Cougs battled all night it was strike counter-strike but the cougs always had the ball with the lead, GP had 2x tries at getting ahead, one was picked, the other they elected to punt on 4th and 3 inside their territory.

Victory formation and victory dance have occurred.

Hold up who said we wouldn't score 50? i have some crow for you Purpleforever.
[/quote]
You might have scored 50 but yall gave up over 40.
If Galena Park can put over 40 on yall, no limit to what the Broncos can do.
Congrats on the victory.  Lots of offense.  October 29 is quickly approaching.
[/quote]

[b]It's easy to look at a score and jump to conclusions. GP only scored in the 20s on Dayton but they  gained more yards on the Broncos than Crosby.  What did they throw, 5 picks in one half?[/b] That will keep a team from scoring. I don't know, I think we just need to let Oct 29th get here and let it be settled on the field. You obviously want the trophy back, and Crosby wants to keep it. You can make assumptions based on all sorts of factors, but if the Cougars play well, they will be hard to stop. #8 is a stud. Furthermore, everyone knows that Dayton is playing well and has lots of talent. It should be a good game.
[/quote]

Sounds like our defense is alright.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham