How bout the Coaches take some blame

[quote name="Buzz" post="880016" timestamp="1287443591"]
I'll email you later to let you know. He was also told that they were all the same caliber. But he would not see the field unless the other two got hurt. Gee, what would you do? Or you can call me.
[/quote]

Thanks, email me and I'll try to get it asap as I'm bad about staying on top of that (emails). Who is the other kicker. You state "he would not see the field unless the other two got hurt". I hope he wasn't talking about the punter who I've heard can kick.

All I can say is it isn't just your family as 1. My brother was set to sign LOI with Texas A&I and at the last minute they signed another DB. 2. Then through a family friend who knew the recruiting coordinator at McNeese State he got an academic scholarship. Then after moving up the depth chart to second string left CB after his red-shirt freshman season they told him they weren't going to offer him a full-ride so since he was already engaged to his HS sweetheart he gave up football and transferred to Lamar along with his wife. Lamar had done dropped their program so football was over for him.

I stated all that to let you know that I know how you must feel. Best of luck to your son, Taylor and if he still wants to play and Lamar won't give him a shot don't let that stop his dream of playing college football. Transfer to a school that will and you son will have a fan here.

Buzz, just keep the forum here or the HS forum aware of where Taylor is playing and he'll have a supporter here.  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="880041" timestamp="1287445392"]
[quote author=Buzz link=topic=74589.msg880016#msg880016 date=1287443591]
I'll email you later to let you know. He was also told that they were all the same caliber. But he would not see the field unless the other two got hurt. Gee, what would you do? Or you can call me.
[/quote]

Thanks, email me and I'll try to get it asap as I'm bad about staying on top of that (emails). Who is the other kicker. You state "he would not see the field unless the other two got hurt". I hope he wasn't talking about the punter who I've heard can kick.

All I can say is it isn't just your family as 1. My brother was set to sign LOI with Texas A&I and at the last minute they signed another DB. 2. Then through a family friend who knew the recruiting coordinator at McNeese State he got an academic scholarship. Then after moving up the depth chart to second string left CB after his red-shirt freshman season they told him they weren't going to offer him a full-ride so since he was already engaged to his HS sweetheart he gave up football and transferred to Lamar along with his wife. Lamar had done dropped their program so football was over for him.

I stated all that to let you know that I know how you must feel. Best of luck to your son, Taylor and if he still wants to play and Lamar won't give him a shot don't let that stop his dream of playing college football. Transfer to a school that will and you son will have a fan here.

[b]Buzz, just keep the forum here or the HS forum aware of where Taylor is playing and he'll have a supporter here.  [/b]
[/quote]

SFA needs a new kicker, that kid is AWFUL.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="880178" timestamp="1287452610"]
this rb dude?  flunked out everwhere he's been...he gonna come to LU and suddenly decide to study?

I think the kicker will be fine.
[/quote]

Was Woodard the coach at Navarro when Hall played there?  Hall is running out of chances so maybe he'll do what it takes to play for Woodard.

[quote name="coachacola" post="880212" timestamp="1287453854"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74589.msg880178#msg880178 date=1287452610]
this rb dude?  flunked out everwhere he's been...he gonna come to LU and suddenly decide to study?

[/quote]

Was Woodard the coach at Navarro when Hall played there?  Hall is running out of chances so maybe he'll do what it takes to play for Woodard.
[/quote]

we played like a junior college...i think we have enuf Navarro on the team

It's the first year. Wait two or three years to hate on this staff. This is the best FCS Conference in the nation, it's not as easy as you guys think to make adjustments. Continue supporting the team, coaching staff, etc.. It's the [b]first year[/b], quit bad mouthing the coaching staff. When you're given one full day to get a scheme going for another team, and only 4 days to put it together.. It's not as easy as you think.

I'm just stirring the pot.  I realize it's Coach Woodard's first season and it's going to take some time to get things right.  Having said that AJ25, it's not all that hard either.  So. Alabama is in their first year of football and they had enough time to get prepared for LU.

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="880377" timestamp="1287465391"]
I'm just stirring the pot.  I realize it's Coach Woodard's first season and it's going to take some time to get things right.  Having said that AJ25, it's not all that hard either.  So. Alabama is in their first year of football and they had enough time to get prepared for LU.
[/quote]

First things first, So Bama played a season last year, albeit it wasn't against major schools.. They still played games. They also have 15 Major D1 school transfers. Not making excuses for Lamar, but they have a year more than Lamar under their belt. Give them time. I haven't seen one game, only going off recaps and talking to my friends that are on the team. But I do know about the close loss to McNeese at their place, beating SELA at their place, winning their home opener and home coming game. Those are 4 things to be greatly excited about.. Not to mention a second year for the players, coaches, new facilities, etc... Keep supporting them. Without support they will go no where.

[quote name="AJ25" post="880386" timestamp="1287469679"]
[quote author=Versey Ledbetter link=topic=74589.msg880377#msg880377 date=1287465391]
[/quote]

First things first, So Bama played a season last year, albeit it wasn't against major schools.. They still played games. They also have 15 Major D1 school transfers. Not making excuses for Lamar, but they have a year more than Lamar under their belt. Give them time. I haven't seen one game, only going off recaps and talking to my friends that are on the team. But I do know about the close loss to McNeese at their place, beating SELA at their place, winning their home opener and home coming game. Those are 4 things to be greatly excited about.. Not to mention a second year for the players, coaches, new facilities, etc... Keep supporting them. Without support they will go no where.
[/quote]

I agree.  Go Cards!

[quote name="Buzz" post="879984" timestamp="1287441372"]
Just to let you all know, Sleepy, I am Taylor's dad. I DO know what Brian Mayper told Taylor. Yes, he did get a try-out. But, he was told some things that would hamper anyone. If you want the whole story, you can be a man and call me at 727-1430!!! Mayper and his staff are not telling you the whole story because he picked their kicker. Coach Woodard saw Taylor and said that he would offer him something. Then, all of the sudden, Mayper said NO. What's up with that??
[/quote]

Not gonna get in to this with you and play he said she said.  There is always more to the story on both sides. 

[quote name="puddin tane" post="880178" timestamp="1287452610"]

[/quote]

That is very misleading. He never qualified to play at Texas A&M. He went to Navarro and signed with Tulsa last Feb. but TU is a private school so their entrance standards are higher than most schools and he NEVER attended a class at Tulsa.

So, get your facts straight before trashing a young man you probably don't know.

[quote name="sleepy" post="880532" timestamp="1287498594"]
[quote author=Buzz link=topic=74589.msg879984#msg879984 date=1287441372]
Just to let you all know, Sleepy, I am Taylor's dad. I DO know what Brian Mayper told Taylor. Yes, he did get a try-out. But, he was told some things that would hamper anyone. If you want the whole story, you can be a man and call me at 727-1430!!! Mayper and his staff are not telling you the whole story because he picked their kicker. Coach Woodard saw Taylor and said that he would offer him something. Then, all of the sudden, Mayper said NO. What's up with that??
[/quote]

Not gonna get in to this with you and play he said she said.  There is always more to the story on both sides.  
[/quote]

As I said earlier tell us all what you know since you know so much about the situation?  Enlighten the rest of us.  So far I have seen nothing but blah blah blah.  

Like I said earlier there are 3 sides to the story.......The coaches side, Trahan's side and in the middle is the truth.  I say that is every situation there is.

Also you started THIS so grab your balls and finish it.  You want to come on this site and call Trahan out and say that he screwed around then present proof.  Your still saying there is more to the story well YOU were not there so you have no clue what the story is.  You are getting second or third hand information.  

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="880601" timestamp="1287502654"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74589.msg880532#msg880532 date=1287498594]
[/quote]

Not gonna get in to this with you and play he said she said.  There is always more to the story on both sides.  
[/quote]

As I said earlier tell us all what you know since you know so much about the situation?  Enlighten the rest of us.  So far I have seen nothing but blah blah blah.  

Like I said earlier there are 3 sides to the story.......The coaches side, Trahan's side and in the middle is the truth.  I say that is every situation there is.

Also you started THIS so grab your balls and finish it.  You want to come on this site and call Trahan out and say that he screwed around then present proof.  Your still saying there is more to the story well YOU were not there so you have no clue what the story is.  You are getting second or third hand information.  
[/quote]

I did not start this.  There was another thread about how stupid the Lamar coaches were for not signing him.  If you will read back in this thread someone else brought this up.  I responded because bashing the coaches gets old.  All I said is there was more to the story and that is not for this board to know.  Bottom line is in college sports if the coaches think you are good enough they will have you.........if not they won't.  It is the business of college athletics.  I have been there and done it.  Just how it is.  Like it or not.

[quote name="sleepy" post="880654" timestamp="1287505839"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=74589.msg880601#msg880601 date=1287502654]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]I did not start this.[/b]  There was another thread about how stupid the Lamar coaches were for not signing him.  If you will read back in this thread someone else brought this up.  I responded because bashing the coaches gets old.  All I said is there was more to the story and that is not for this board to know.  Bottom line is in college sports if the coaches think you are good enough they will have you.........if not they won't.  It is the business of college athletics.  I have been there and done it.  Just how it is.  Like it or not.
[/quote]

You did start this with when you called Taylor out for screwing around.  If that is not starting this I don't know what is.  You called him out by name when you have no clue yourself.

[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74589.msg879709#msg879709 date=1287425916]
[b]If Taylor Trahan wouldn't have screwed around he may have made it.[/b]  Coaches gave him 3 different chances.  There is more to that story than everyone is presenting!
[/quote]

Did you hear Trahan bash the coaches???  No he doesn't even get on here.   You keep saying there is more for to the story and there very well may be but it isn't one sided either.  There are things that the Coaches told Trahan that people don't know but you don't see him on here talking about it.  Maybe you need to get your facts straight before you come on a forum and down a kid you probably have NEVER met.  That gets OLD also people downing kids who have talent.  Coaches have agendas too and it isn't always for the better of the team.  Sometimes it is the good ole boy system.   Also Coach Woodard thought he was good enough.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="880333" timestamp="1287459932"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74589.msg880212#msg880212 date=1287453854]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74589.msg880178#msg880178 date=1287452610]
this rb dude?  flunked out everwhere he's been...he gonna come to LU and suddenly decide to study?

[/quote]

Was Woodard the coach at Navarro when Hall played there?  Hall is running out of chances so maybe he'll do what it takes to play for Woodard.
[/quote]

we played like a junior college...i think we have enuf Navarro on the team
[/quote]
1. Andre Bevil QB
2. Ryan Clark DB
3. Kevin Davis TE
4. JJ Hayes WR
5. Darby Jackson DE
6. Marcus Jackson WR
7. Josh Powdrill WR

All 7 have made contributions to the team.  With Coach Woodard being a former HC there, it is probably the reason for the high number from one school.  

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="880666" timestamp="1287506766"]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74589.msg880654#msg880654 date=1287505839]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=74589.msg880601#msg880601 date=1287502654]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]I did not start this.[/b]  There was another thread about how stupid the Lamar coaches were for not signing him.  If you will read back in this thread someone else brought this up.  I responded because bashing the coaches gets old.  All I said is there was more to the story and that is not for this board to know.  Bottom line is in college sports if the coaches think you are good enough they will have you.........if not they won't.  It is the business of college athletics.  I have been there and done it.  Just how it is.  Like it or not.
[/quote]

You did start this with when you called Taylor out for screwing around.  If that is not starting this I don't know what is.  You called him out by name when you have no clue yourself.

[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74589.msg879709#msg879709 date=1287425916]
[b]If Taylor Trahan wouldn't have screwed around he may have made it.[/b]  Coaches gave him 3 different chances.  There is more to that story than everyone is presenting!
[/quote]

Did you hear Trahan bash the coaches???  No he doesn't even get on here.   You keep saying there is more for to the story and there very well may be but it isn't one sided either.  There are things that the Coaches told Trahan that people don't know but you don't see him on here talking about it.  Maybe you need to get your facts straight before you come on a forum and down a kid you probably have NEVER met.  That gets OLD also people downing kids who have talent.  Coaches have agendas too and it isn't always for the better of the team.  Sometimes it is the good ole boy system.   Also Coach Woodard thought he was good enough.
[/quote]

Coaches have agendas to and it is not always for the better of the team............do you really believe that?  This is COLLEGE SPORTS........not high school.  College coaches get the BEST players they can because they HAVE TO WIN or they will get FIRED.  There is no good ole boy system when it comes to competing on the  D1 level.  Again......I know I did it.  Until you have been there people just don't understand.  They don't care who you are or where you came from.  It is all a results oriented business.  I apologize if I offended you.  It was not my intent.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="880695" timestamp="1287509384"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74589.msg880667#msg880667 date=1287506779]
[quote author=hipster link=topic=74589.msg880661#msg880661 date=1287506449]
Just curious sleepy where did you do that at?  i know some of the experts on here have never done that at that
[/quote]

What?
[/quote]

sounds like a Dr. Suess book
[/quote]

Sounds like an uneducated statement to me. huh, never done that at that  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4