How bout the Coaches take some blame

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigred360" post="882546" timestamp="1287671676"]
There have been questions asked about the young man from Nederland and I've heard both sides of that story. IMO, he didn't get a fair chance. But, they are always going to look harder at scholarship players compared to walk-ons.
[/quote]

What would you have considered a "fair chance"?  i don't know all the details but wasn't he allowed to walk-on?

[quote name="sleepy" post="880701" timestamp="1287509575"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=74589.msg880666#msg880666 date=1287506766]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74589.msg880654#msg880654 date=1287505839]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=74589.msg880601#msg880601 date=1287502654]
[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74589.msg880532#msg880532 date=1287498594]
[quote author=Buzz link=topic=74589.msg879984#msg879984 date=1287441372]
Just to let you all know, Sleepy, I am Taylor's dad. I DO know what Brian Mayper told Taylor. Yes, he did get a try-out. But, he was told some things that would hamper anyone. If you want the whole story, you can be a man and call me at 727-1430!!! Mayper and his staff are not telling you the whole story because he picked their kicker. Coach Woodard saw Taylor and said that he would offer him something. Then, all of the sudden, Mayper said NO. What's up with that??
[/quote]

Not gonna get in to this with you and play he said she said.  There is always more to the story on both sides.  
[/quote]

As I said earlier tell us all what you know since you know so much about the situation?  Enlighten the rest of us.  So far I have seen nothing but blah blah blah.  

Like I said earlier there are 3 sides to the story.......The coaches side, Trahan's side and in the middle is the truth.  I say that is every situation there is.

Also you started THIS so grab your balls and finish it.  You want to come on this site and call Trahan out and say that he screwed around then present proof.  Your still saying there is more to the story well YOU were not there so you have no clue what the story is.  You are getting second or third hand information.  
[/quote]

[b]I did not start this.[/b]  There was another thread about how stupid the Lamar coaches were for not signing him.  If you will read back in this thread someone else brought this up.  I responded because bashing the coaches gets old.  All I said is there was more to the story and that is not for this board to know.  Bottom line is in college sports if the coaches think you are good enough they will have you.........if not they won't.  It is the business of college athletics.  I have been there and done it.  Just how it is.  Like it or not.
[/quote]

You did start this with when you called Taylor out for screwing around.  If that is not starting this I don't know what is.  You called him out by name when you have no clue yourself.

[quote author=sleepy link=topic=74589.msg879709#msg879709 date=1287425916]
[b]If Taylor Trahan wouldn't have screwed around he may have made it.[/b]  Coaches gave him 3 different chances.  There is more to that story than everyone is presenting!
[/quote]

Did you hear Trahan bash the coaches???  No he doesn't even get on here.   You keep saying there is more for to the story and there very well may be but it isn't one sided either.  There are things that the Coaches told Trahan that people don't know but you don't see him on here talking about it.  Maybe you need to get your facts straight before you come on a forum and down a kid you probably have NEVER met.  That gets OLD also people downing kids who have talent.  Coaches have agendas too and it isn't always for the better of the team.  Sometimes it is the good ole boy system.   Also Coach Woodard thought he was good enough.
[/quote]

Coaches have agendas to and it is not always for the better of the team............do you really believe that?  This is COLLEGE SPORTS........not high school.  College coaches get the BEST players they can because they HAVE TO WIN or they will get FIRED.  There is no good ole boy system when it comes to competing on the  D1 level.  Again......I know I did it.  Until you have been there people just don't understand.  They don't care who you are or where you came from.  It is all a results oriented business.  I apologize if I offended you.  It was not my intent.
[/quote]

There is "no good ole boy system when it comes to competing on the D1 level..." Did you really play collegiate sports? There is always an agenda and a "good ole boy system" (including women's sports). I don't know the situation with this player so I can't comment on the coaches or the player, but don't pretend that Lamar coaches don't have their networks and keep players lower on the depth chart for alternate reasons.

[quote name="Citizen Kane" post="883051" timestamp="1287711890"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74589.msg882938#msg882938 date=1287704986]
That is one of the most stupid post I've read in a long time. Sleepy played a sport at Lamar but I'll let him tell you which one if he wants.
[/quote]

Glad to hear it. I've coached at the D1 level. Believe what you want to believe.
[/quote]

great, a pissing contest

i think our kicker will be fine, punter hit some nice punts....I've seen the krap Carona gets at texas tech..our kicker doesnt need that.

I am not gonna be specific in this situation because the kid is a local kid and I support all local kids but to suggest there is a good ole boy system when it comes to playing time in collegiate athletics is simply a joke.  If you did coach D1 sports you guys were not very good. A coach may let a kid walk on the team every now and again because he knows a coach but when it comes to playing he or she plays the player that gives them the best chance of winning.  Sorry that is the way it is in all sports at the collegiate level.

[quote name="Citizen Kane" post="883051" timestamp="1287711890"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=74589.msg882938#msg882938 date=1287704986]
That is one of the most stupid post I've read in a long time. Sleepy played a sport at Lamar but I'll let him tell you which one if he wants.
[/quote]

Glad to hear it. I've coached at the D1 level. Believe what you want to believe.
[/quote]

"I've coached at the DI level." Does that been you don't anymore? If you want to be successful in the won-loss column you play your best players that is from Jr. High on up to the pro level.

I believe the Head Coach at Nederland had a situation this season when a few players thought they could tell him which QB to start!  :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4