Want some fun?

westend1

[quote name="westend1" post="879842" timestamp="1287434187"]
Go anchor in about 20 ft of water off the outside of the Texas jetty and jig some Gulp minnows on bottom.  The bull reds are stacked in there like crazy.  Have to used steel leaders though.  The mackeral are thick too.
[/quote]

I love catching mackerel on light line on a spinning reel.

[quote name="tvc184" post="880083" timestamp="1287448274"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=74648.msg879842#msg879842 date=1287434187]
Go anchor in about 20 ft of water off the outside of the Texas jetty and jig some Gulp minnows on bottom.  The bull reds are stacked in there like crazy.  Have to used steel leaders though.  The mackeral are thick too.
[/quote]

I love catching mackerel on light line on a spinning reel.
[/quote]

I actually like to eat them.

[quote name="westend1" post="880124" timestamp="1287450463"]
Grilled a couple with butter and TexJoy the other night.   Pretty good.  I was expecting a real fishy taste from everything I have heard, but it was very good.
[/quote]

Not bad but not the best IMO. I sure don't toss them back.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="westend1" post="879842" timestamp="1287434187"]
Go anchor in about 20 ft of water off the outside of the Texas jetty and jig some Gulp minnows on bottom.  The bull reds are stacked in there like crazy.  Have to use steel leaders though.  The mackeral are thick too.
[/quote]

i think we're headed there monday.  how many did y'all catch?

[quote name="bullets13" post="888897" timestamp="1288202370"]
[quote author=westend1 link=topic=74648.msg879842#msg879842 date=1287434187]
Go anchor in about 20 ft of water off the outside of the Texas jetty and jig some Gulp minnows on bottom.  The bull reds are stacked in there like crazy.  Have to use steel leaders though.  The mackeral are thick too.
[/quote]

i think we're headed there monday.  how many did y'all catch?
[/quote]

We landed 5, and had a few more that were too big for our trout gear.    Is the weather supposed to be good?

my stepdad is having a kidney removed in the morning, so i've asked him to see if they'll give him a piece of it.  i want to take it out there and see if i can catch anything off of it.  it'd be a hell of a story to be able to say that i caught a big bull red with part of his kidney :)

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="bullets13" post="889144" timestamp="1288222180"]
my stepdad is having a kidney removed in the morning, so i've asked him to see if they'll give him a piece of it.  i want to take it out there and see if i can catch anything off of it.  it'd be a heck of a story to be able to say that i caught a big bull red with part of his kidney :)
[/quote]

And my wife calls ME a sicko!  LOL

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="bullets13" post="889144" timestamp="1288222180"]
my stepdad is having a kidney removed in the morning, so i've asked him to see if they'll give him a piece of it.  i want to take it out there and see if i can catch anything off of it.  it'd be a heck of a story to be able to say that i caught a big bull red with part of his kidney :)
[/quote]

Calling Dr. Phil....Calling Dr. Phil......... ;D ;D ;D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham