West Brook

pe2009

Honest question, not stirring the pot....just wanted to know.
This is a "From the Outside, Looking in" perspective.
Bruins went 3 rounds deep last season, returned basiclly EVERYONE. I expected huge things from WB. The season isnt over yet, but if they lose to PAM, it looks like ANOTHER 3-4 loss season. What's keeping WB from getting over the hump to being an elite team/program? The talent is there, the coaching is there, you aren't losing Kids to new HS's built every year.....what is it?

[quote name="Scooter!" post="881855" timestamp="1287596405"]
Heart. IMO they dont have any in the "big game". I can say the same thing bout MHS also (ala LP game minus the 4th qtr)
[/quote]

It's not heart.  These guys showed plenty of that last year.   Look, they lost to Katy(pretty good team) and North Shore(a power house program with 4400 students)   We suit out 47 kids while those programs have that many seniors.   PAM has their best team in many years.  Even if we lost to them, it doesn't mean the Brook is still not a good team or that they lack heart.  

Truth is, we don't have as much talent as some teams.   Do you really think we had more talent than NS or Hightower last year?   We don't this year either.  We have some nice players who have bought in to a good system, but we don't have the big run stoppers on the Dline, we don't have a big power running back,  and we need help in our kicking game.  In essence, we have to play very well to keep up with the big boys, and we have had too many turnovers, penalties and injuries.   If every thing clicks, I think we can play with anybody.   Hopefully, that starts this week and we go on a good run like last year.

[quote name="zeroturn" post="881942" timestamp="1287600738"]
i agree with that westend we lost 2 def tackles a very adaqute rb safety we palying 220 avg on d line, rb 160  maybe 170 i think a 6a classification would help small enrollments some..
[/quote]wouldnt be surprised if 6A was started in a couple years IMO

Getting three deep in the playoffs is not an easy task.  The first game pretty much can be dilluted by the system but after that, it IMO is an accomplishment especially in 5A.  For WB, they have the talent and coaching, but i believe the wear and tear of the season is tough on a team that does not enjoy the depth that the larger schools have.

My constructive criticism for WB is that their specialty teams make the big games much more difficult because of field position management ---or the lack of. This is always a problem when your playing teams with equal or better talent.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham