Lamar vs. North Dakota Predictions?

[quote name="coachacola" post="888304" timestamp="1288128100"]
Lamar averaged almost 26 points per game their first 3 games, since then they have scored a total of 27 points.  And against D1 opponents Lamar gives up over 35 points a game.  Lamar can't be favored to win any games with those numbers.  Nevertheless, the defense is improving and [b]if Bevil can find a way to play halfway decent without turning the ball over all the time Lamar has a chance to win.[/b]
[/quote]

And that's the biggest problem with Lamar. I think the if the offense could run the ball, a little more clock management, it would keep the defense (and the other team's offense) off the field.

[quote name="coachacola" post="888304" timestamp="1288128100"]
Lamar averaged almost 26 points per game their first 3 games, since then they have scored a total of 27 points.  And against D1 opponents Lamar gives up over 35 points a game.  Lamar can't be favored to win any games with those numbers.  Nevertheless, the defense is improving and if Bevil can find a way to play halfway decent without turning the ball over all the time Lamar has a chance to win.
[/quote]

110% agree with your post coachacola. We can't turn the ball over 3-4 times a game and expect to win. If we don't get behind early it will be easier to run the ball and not pass as often. So I agree with JJWooten also.

[quote name="coachacola" post="889010" timestamp="1288211257"]
North Dakota's starting quarterback is out for the season.  Their top running back has a hamstring injury and is listed as day to day.  None of that will help if Lamar can't score any points.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/180938/
[/quote]

I'm thinking the defense/special teams are going to have to put some points up on the board in order to keep Lamar in the game.

Any word on video broadcasts? I'd like to watch.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="888388" timestamp="1288139532"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74750.msg888304#msg888304 date=1288128100]
Lamar averaged almost 26 points per game their first 3 games, since then they have scored a total of 27 points.  And against D1 opponents Lamar gives up over 35 points a game.  Lamar can't be favored to win any games with those numbers.  Nevertheless, the defense is improving and [b]if Bevil can find a way to play halfway decent without turning the ball over all the time Lamar has a chance to win.[/b]
[/quote]

And that's the biggest problem with Lamar. I think the if the offense could run the ball, a little more clock management, it would keep the defense (and the other team's offense) off the field.
[/quote]

I dont mind passing 50 times a game..if we just threw it to the right team..air that sucker out!!!  Bring back alborn's air raid siren..loved it.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="889251" timestamp="1288228320"]

I dont mind passing 50 times a game..if we just threw it to the right team..air that sucker out!!!  Bring back alborn's air raid siren..loved it.

[/quote]

The only thing really annoying about those types of games is that they seem to take FOREVER because the clock is stopped so often with incomplete passes and catches along the sideline going out of bounds.

I like good smash-mouth football. Those are the plays you see as highlight tapes on YouTube. You rarely see big pass plays as "Wow!" films.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="889251" timestamp="1288228320"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74750.msg888388#msg888388 date=1288139532]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thing is Coach Woodard doesn't want to pass the ball that often so I see us attempting to run early in the game. 

Look lets face the facts.  lu cannot run the ball consistenly because the have no quality rbs, ol is too small..  we have no depth and we are just plain awful offensively.  if we get some of these players we keep speculating about we might get better, but we must also consider they have not had and college experiences yet.  bevil was ok in juco but we see what is happening now maybe the defense will continue to get better and now that ndst qb is out that may even out somethings.  we must play what we are dealt and in two years we have not recruited to good either.  i do not know how u can come out of hs and be a college recruiting coordinator!  makes no sense whatsoever.  ok that said lets hope we can win 3 of the last 4 for a winning record.

Now, we are not just talking about generalized statements about the coaching staff but putting out names as Craig McGallion is the recruiting coordinator.

Honestly, I agree for the most part but if Lamar lands Jeremy Johnson Coach McGallion will be a big reason as they are both from Silsbee.

Lipster    said Look lets face the facts.  lu cannot run the ball consistenly because the have no quality rbs, ol is too small....

Well I do think we have some quality RB's but do not practice running the ball very much....It is more of a scheme problem than a RB problem.....Heck Adrian Peterson would have trouble running with what we are doing....

A running game takes time to develop each game. You can't expect 4-5 yard averages right out the shoot.

So far this season, Lamar has had 179 carries for 380 yards, which is a 2.12 average per game. That is second to last in the FCS, ahead of only the arguably worst FCS school, Valparaiso.

well if we have these folks lets produce them and quit hiding them.  i really didnt know they had any hardhitters from around here.  plus at most places the hc has the final say on what is put in the game plan and what is called.  i think we are just a little out of our league in most coaching positions.  now that is not a fact just my opinion as i have heard your say. 

[quote name="HardHitter" post="889621" timestamp="1288285057"]
Lipster    said Look lets face the facts.  lu cannot run the ball consistenly because the have no quality rbs, ol is too small....

Well I do think we have some quality RB's but do not practice running the ball very much....It is more of a scheme problem than a RB problem.....Heck Adrian Peterson would have trouble running with what we are doing....
[/quote]
We have a problem at RB too.  They put the ball on the turf to much.

[quote name="bigred360" post="889564" timestamp="1288279578"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=74750.msg889251#msg889251 date=1288228320]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74750.msg888388#msg888388 date=1288139532]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thing is Coach Woodard doesn't want to pass the ball that often so I see us attempting to run early in the game. 
[/quote]

pasing is the great equalizer for weaker teams...chunk that tater! 

[quote name="JJWooten" post="889649" timestamp="1288286333"]
A running game takes time to develop each game. You can't expect 4-5 yard averages right out the shoot.

So far this season, Lamar has had 179 carries for 380 yards, which is a 2.12 average per game. That is second to last in the FCS, ahead of only the arguably worst FCS school, Valparaiso.

[/quote]
Do we play Valparaiso?  lol

[quote name="DP#1FAN" post="890089" timestamp="1288352832"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=74750.msg889649#msg889649 date=1288286333]

[/quote]
Do we play Valparaiso?  lol
[/quote]

It probably couldn't have hurt to schedule them.  ;D

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="890412" timestamp="1288385164"]
[font=Courier]Even with their starting QB, this should be a statement game for Lamar. 2 weeks to prepare, now healthy....

I will be majorly disappointed if LU lays an egg. [/font]
[/quote]

I think they should be able to score SOMETHING, I don't think it will be a shut out. I may be one of the only people on this board to actually see UND play earlier this year (in person). They have a good defense, but it's very susceptible to the pass.

I think Lamar is going to a surprise when UND runs some option stuff, which they ran a few times against Idaho. Has Lamar faced an option team (other than Sam)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham