Port Arthur Memorial

sfa87

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know you moderators need to get a life.......Let a person speak his mind!!!! This should be an open forum where anyone should be able to say what on their mind or have an opinion.....I'm not saying get on here and curse and bash players or go wild......But im sorry if a coach sucks I should be able to say he sucks!!!!!! 

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="887241" timestamp="1288034844"]
you know you moderators need to get a life.......Let a person speak his mind!!!! This should be an open forum where anyone should be able to say what on their mind or have an opinion.....I'm not saying get on here and curse and bash players or go wild......But im sorry if a coach sucks I should be able to say he sucks!!!!!!  
[/quote]

The rules have been established for 5 years now and setxgal enforced them.  We are not going to have bashing of coaches, who take on the responsibility of coaching, and in some cases raising our young folks.  And the next time you tell a moderator to get a life, your life, for some period of time, will not include setxsports.com.

[quote name="baddog" post="887351" timestamp="1288042158"]
What constitutes bashing?
[/quote]

A number of things fall under that, including coming on here and stating that a coach needs to be replaced.  This ain't Wade Phillips we are talking about here.

I feel ya wanting to voice an opinion and I do believe this forum gets a little too high strung on moderating comments, but truth be told Memorial was never on NS level before Kenny.  He has beat them and has pushed them hard this year.  One bad game against WB and you will replace him?  Who before him had a showing like that at Memorial?  There is no Jamal Charles on this team so don't go there!!! Its foolish to call for his head at this point, especially when he is performing well!!!!! The team has taken the next step every year he has been there and will continue to get better.  His biggest issue currently is that at times he forgets about the run!!!  The execution was horrible at the WB game and some of that is on the kids....

Where is all the unbeaten talk?  There was no Kenny bashing when he was unbeaten???? Or with the one TD loss to NS!!!!!

PAM has a good program...they lost to NS and WB....ok...are you playing for a state title or would a victory over WB/NS suffice?...lesson learned, move on-get better, get ready for the playoffs!....I feel like playing my freakin violin with all this crying!...be a fan and stick with your program! or just be a critic and criticize all (I guess that individual would be perfect).  

I've said it before, PAM minimum 3/4 rds...when you get to that 3/4th round and your facing KATY....Now you can measure your program. ;), IF you win, then you move on...If you loose, you've got a measuring stick to build on... ;D

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="888332" timestamp="1288130211"]
PAM has a good program...they lost to NS and WB....ok...are you playing for a state title or would a victory over WB/NS suffice?...lesson learned, move on-get better, get ready for the playoffs!....I feel like playing my freakin violin with all this crying!...be a fan and stick with your program! or just be a critic and criticize all (I guess that individual would be perfect).  

I've said it before, PAM minimum 3/4 rds...when you get to that 3/4th round and your facing KATY....Now you can measure your program. ;), IF you win, then you move on...If you loose, you've got a measuring stick to build on... ;D
[/quote]To Memorial fans.  Sgt. Reyes is right.  Hit it on the nose. 

Undefeated.......Name me one program or school that Memorial beat that constitutes this program has gotten better!!!!!!!  We had not played anyone until we faced North Shore and West Brook........And you see what happened to us when we played a "REAL" program with "REAL" coaching!!!!!!!!!!  The talent alone beat the teams that we played pre-district, not the coaching.......Schedule some real teams next year and that way when you get to your district teams you might be a little more prepared!!!

[quote name="LULUJUJU" post="888574" timestamp="1288150644"]
Undefeated.......Name me one program or school that Memorial beat that constitutes this program has gotten better!!!!!!!  We had not played anyone until we faced North Shore and West Brook........And you see what happened to us when we played a "REAL" program with "REAL" coaching!!!!!!!!!!  The talent alone beat the teams that we played pre-district, not the coaching.......Schedule some real teams next year and that way when you get to your district teams you might be a little more prepared!!!
[/quote]

This is his third year, and what have you done before him?????  Exactly!!!!!!!!!

The last time PA had a GREAT team was TJ in the 80s!!!  Jamal carried his team (3 rounds deep)! And it was more talented than any of Kenny's team. The James Johnson/ Calvin Roberst team was the most talented in Memorial history but went no where!!  The Shanderrick Charles' team were a tough 4A out!!!  He was dynamic, but they didnt go deep in 4A!  Outside of Jamal's one year 3 round run, where has PA went!!! I will answer that for you, "To State in BASKETBALL!" 

Be realistic! Is there a State team in PA?  Probably not yet (heck there hasn't been one the last 3 decades), but in three years this team has truly grown into a 5A competitor!! (without a Jamal Charles in sight!!!!!)  I guess the last 3 decades are all Kenny's fault???

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="888663" timestamp="1288184324"]
I'm proud of the FANS that PAM has...A CRITIC I can't stand. :-X
[/quote]

Jaguars BABY!!! You want tgo see proud fans, come to jaguar land!!

And since '87 we have not made it to State!!! I like where we are now, and I see a bright future!3 rds deep three times this decade and one regional final appearence.  The Only other Big schools (4A & 5A)  in the area that got to at least the regional finals (4A & 5A) in the last two decades????? WB, WOS, and PNG!!!

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="888659" timestamp="1288184018"]
[quote author=LULUJUJU link=topic=75015.msg888574#msg888574 date=1288150644]
[/quote]

This is his third year, and what have you done before him?????  Exactly!!!!!!!!!

The last time PA had a GREAT team was TJ in the 80s!!!  Jamal carried his team (3 rounds deep)! And it was more talented than any of Kenny's team. The James Johnson/ Calvin Roberst team was the most talented in Memorial history but went no where!!  The Shanderrick Charles' team were a tough 4A out!!!  He was dynamic, but they didnt go deep in 4A!  Outside of Jamal's one year 3 round run, where has PA went!!! I will answer that for you, "To State in BASKETBALL!" 

Be realistic! Is there a State team in PA?  Probably not yet (heck there hasn't been one the last 3 decades), but in three years this team has truly grown into a 5A competitor!! (without a Jamal Charles in sight!!!!!)  I guess the last 3 decades are all Kenny's fault???
[/quote]
For the record, SFA had 2 semifinal runs in '83 and '86 and had a undefeated regular season in '94......

I graduated with KH...Im not saying its all his fault........It just baffles me at the play calling and the decisions that all of the coaches their make......But what really baffles me is with all the talent PAM has WHY can they NEVER step it up........Please explain......As i truly believe the talent on this years team is equal to and or may even surpass any of the port arthur schools team in the three decades.....You cant compare any of this with Jamaals team.......That was a one man show and he carried that entire team..Please explain to me what you think the problem is!  And by the way you are speaking to a TRUE diehard Port Arthur Fan!!!  Its just disgusting to watch after those two games.......Do you believe its the coaching or what are your reasonings.......Cause in my opinion we have just as much talent on that team than ANY or most team in the state....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32