Baytown Sterling vs. P.A. Memorial Predictions GOD HELP US!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="The GOAT" post="895585" timestamp="1288804759"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=75308.msg895011#msg895011 date=1288733312]
Sterling-21
PAM-10
[/quote]Thanks for the love Rey Rey. >:( ;D
[/quote]That's for Scooter acting like he don't want to wear the WB shirt... :D :D

[quote name="The GOAT" post="895585" timestamp="1288804759"]
[quote author=Sgt Rey link=topic=75308.msg895011#msg895011 date=1288733312]
Sterling-21
PAM-10
[/quote]Thanks for the love Rey Rey. >:( ;D
[/quote]
He's giving you the same love you gave WB  ;D  Payback's a you know what.  ;D ;D ;D

first-time poster ... thanks to everyone who posts for all your entertainment/info over the years

The way Kenny Harrison explained it to me Tuesday was that PA's in with a win or a loss to RSS by 17 or fewer points -- barring a Channelview upset of North Shore.

PA is 1-3, same as Channelview (with its win over RSS by 1 point) while RSS is 0-4. Because PA beat Channelview by 18 (also the most "plus points" allowable under 21-5A three-way tiebreaker), it's plus-18 on the tiebreaker scale, Channelview is plus-1 and RSS is still coming to bat when it comes to a win over one of the other two.

If Channelview loses to finish 1-4 and RSS beats PA so both of them finish 1-4, it would be a three-way tie with all three having gone 1-1 against the other two. Sterling would need to win by 18 or more to "tie" PA under the points system, then would advance via head-to-head win over PA. Otherwise, PA gets in off three-way 1-4 tie if it wins point system.

If PA wins, it would be be 2-3 and finish no worse than a two-way tie for fourth with Channelview and PA advances because it beat Channelview head up.

If Channelview beat North Shore to finish 2-3 AND RSS beats Port Arthur, RSS and Port Arthur would finish tied for fifth and Channelview would be fourth and in the playoffs.

Pretty sure that's 100 percent accurate. (Also, Harrison told me he expects all his wounded back on field Saturday.)

[quote name="daver610" post="895903" timestamp="1288828634"]
first-time poster ... thanks to everyone who posts for all your entertainment/info over the years

The way Kenny Harrison explained it to me Tuesday was that PA's in with a win or a loss to RSS by 17 or fewer points -- barring a Channelview upset of North Shore.

PA is 1-3, same as Channelview (with its win over RSS by 1 point) while RSS is 0-4. Because PA beat Channelview by 18 (also the most "plus points" allowable under 21-5A three-way tiebreaker), it's plus-18 on the tiebreaker scale, Channelview is plus-1 and RSS is still coming to bat when it comes to a win over one of the other two.

If Channelview loses to finish 1-4 and RSS beats PA so both of them finish 1-4, it would be a three-way tie with all three having gone 1-1 against the other two. Sterling would need to win by 18 or more to "tie" PA under the points system, then would advance via head-to-head win over PA. Otherwise, PA gets in off three-way 1-4 tie if it wins point system.

If PA wins, it would be be 2-3 and finish no worse than a two-way tie for fourth with Channelview and PA advances because it beat Channelview head up.

If Channelview beat North Shore to finish 2-3 AND RSS beats Port Arthur, RSS and Port Arthur would finish tied for fifth and Channelview would be fourth and in the playoffs.

Pretty sure that's 100 percent accurate. (Also, Harrison told me he expects all his wounded back on field Saturday.)
[/quote] 8)

Oh yeah, Baytown school district Wedneday announced a not-so-well kept secret: Sterling coach Herb Minyard (23-44, one playoff appearance, in seven years) is being reassigned after end of season.
He told his players Monday.
Can news like that motivate an 0-4 team that has only one great athlete (qb/kr Chance Nelson) and two others pretty good (RB CJ Mixon and WR/DB Jamar Gibson) and only one of those plays defense enough to beat PA? ..

[quote name="daver610" post="895911" timestamp="1288829040"]
Oh yeah, Baytown school district Wedneday announced a not-so-well kept secret: Sterling coach Herb Minyard (23-44, one playoff appearance, in seven years) is being reassigned after end of season.
He told his players Monday.
Can news like that motivate an 0-4 team that has only one great athlete (qb/kr Chance Nelson) and two others pretty good (RB CJ Mixon and WR/DB Jamar Gibson) and only one of those plays defense enough to beat PA? ..
[/quote]
All you have to do is run inside all night long like WB exploited...(@SFA 85)

Not making any excuses for the Titans offense, but they had a lot of injuries going into the game against LaPorte. They were without the left side of their line, the guard and the tackle, they were without RB Nate Holmes, and the other RB Romar was banged up, and then Wesley, arguably the best receiver on the team, goes out on a stretcher in the 2nd quarter.

However, that has nothing to do with the defense giving up that many rushing yards and points.  Well, maybe the defense stayed on the field too long because the offense could not move the ball and had a lot of 3 and outs.

It's going to be tough for the Titans because everyone I mentioned above are questionable for this game.  The Titans will have WR Overton back from a broken leg.  The one good thing for the Titans defense is that Sterling does not have an offense like WB, or a rushing attack like LaPorte.  However, as someone pointed out previously, they have a lot of incentive with the Coach being re-assigned at the end of the season.  They would like to extend his season as long as possible.

Titans by a touchdown.

the sterling players do not have a favorable vote of confidence in minyard so i would assume the only insperation from his, lets be real, FIRING will be the kids deciding in some off-beat way to win the game make the play off to say "hey coach, told u we where this good". go figure.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="LP0175" post="896319" timestamp="1288878923"]
the sterling players do not have a favorable vote of confidence in minyard so i would assume the only insperation from his, lets be real, FIRING will be the kids deciding in some off-beat way to win the game make the play off to say "hey coach, told u we where this good". go figure.
[/quote]

Absolutely not true! You cannot go into a gunfight with a water pistol and expect to be successful.

[quote name="Peppermint Patty" post="896346" timestamp="1288880779"]
[quote author=LP0175 link=topic=75308.msg896319#msg896319 date=1288878923]
[/quote]

Absolutely not true! You cannot go into a gunfight with a water pistol and expect to be successful.
[/quote]
Actually you could. With the water gun and quickness you can squirt the opponent in the eye and have that man miss with the first piston shot. after you charge forwards(still shooting him in the eye) equip his gun with brutal force, and then finish him off with a shot in the head. GAME OVER

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="The GOAT" post="896440" timestamp="1288886529"]
We must stop the inside run game (heck at least slow it down), and get off the field on 3rd and long situations.
[/quote]

I'm willing to bet that Sterling will not try to run the ball inside. This team is not built to try and run the ball inside. They will try and get Nelson and Mixon outside the tackles. Just look at the North Shore film. They constantly were trying to get to the edge with NS. (With little success I might add.)

I just don't see RSS being able to beat PAM by 18. They could very well win, but the defense has not stopped too many people this year.

Goat you are correct.  I would be surprised if the Coach from Baytown doesn't at least run up the middle to see if they have success, especially after watching the WB and LaPorte games.

Peppermint Patty, it might be easier for Sterling to stop the Titans without 4 or 5 of their starters on offense, who are all questionable.  They have to be very careful with concussions and the big hit Wesley took last week.  At least WR Overton has been cleared to play.

O-line:
Powell - LG - concussion
Griffin - LT - ankle

RBs:
Nate Holmes - concussion
Fisher Romar - held out of practice all week

WR:
Wesley - stinger - taken off field last week on stretcher.

Yes Scooter, and it's at a bad time.  They are fighting to make the playoffs.
And should they win against Baytown Sterling, they are in the playoffs, and the next opponent will no doubt be tougher.

Hopefully they win against Sterling and come away without any additional injuries.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats