20-4A Playoff Scenarios

[quote name="shovelhead" post="894530" timestamp="1288706441"]
If PNG doesnt beat Central, and we go as a 3rd or 4th seed in this district, I hope we DO play Dayton. I have a problem with 4 teams from each district going to the playoffs, but that is another thread. If the 4th seed in 20-4A or in 19-4A could beat Dayton or Central, well they have done something! Besides, Dayton vs PNG would shore look purty with all that purple out there!  ;D
[/quote]

You really want that?  It's bad enough if you get Dayton, but if you escape that you get us next...  Not the path I would perfer.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you cant beat the best, what have you done? For arguments sake, lets say we dodge Dayton and Brenham but being D-1 get to play teams that have already been beaten by Dayton and Brenham.  We all get to the State finals. PNG wins D-1 and Brenham or Dayton wins D-2. This is not my prediction, this is just for the sake of argument, OK? EVERYBODY will know we took the low road and didnt play the best. This is not our fault, but the scenario created by bringing 4 teams from the district to the playoffs. I've voiced my opinion on that in this and other threads. I'm just old school and think there should be ONE winner and not everbody that gets to play gets a trophy. Back to reality: I have enjoyed seeing PNG get a little better on the D side of the ball each week since the loss to Nederland. They are gonna have to kick it up up several notches to compete on the next level whomever we play. Good luck to the Indians and to all the playoff teams from Southeast Texas.

[quote name="shovelhead" post="895325" timestamp="1288755787"]
If you cant beat the best, what have you done? For arguments sake, lets say we dodge Dayton and Brenham but being D-1 get to play teams that have already been beaten by Dayton and Brenham.  We all get to the State finals. PNG wins D-1 and Brenham or Dayton wins D-2. This is not my prediction, this is just for the sake of argument, OK? EVERYBODY will know we took the low road and didnt play the best. This is not our fault, but the scenario created by bringing 4 teams from the district to the playoffs. I've voiced my opinion on that in this and other threads. I'm just old school and think there should be ONE winner and not everbody that gets to play gets a trophy. Back to reality: I have enjoyed seeing PNG get a little better on the D side of the ball each week since the loss to Nederland. They are gonna have to kick it up up several notches to compete on the next level whomever we play. Good luck to the Indians and to all the playoff teams from Southeast Texas.
[/quote]

I don't discount anybody for any path.  You can't help what division they place you in.  Besides that, D1 has some good teams too.  (Montgomery, Friendswood, Humble & Central)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="895359" timestamp="1288758493"]
[quote author=shovelhead link=topic=75312.msg895325#msg895325 date=1288755787]
[/quote]

I don't discount anybody for any path.  You can't help what division they place you in.  Besides that, D1 has some good teams too.  (Montgomery, Friendswood, Humble & Central)
[/quote]
I'm not saying that at all. Other posters wanted to avoid playing Dayton and Brenham. I dont. If they are the best, then thats who I would want to play.

From PA News

NEXT WEEK’S POTENTIAL

4A BIDISTRICT MATCHUPS

DIVISION 1

Crosby (#1 seed from 19-4A) vs. Nederland, PNG or Vidor

Central (#1 seed from 20-4A) vs. Galena Park or C.E. King

DIVISION 2

Dayton (#1 seed from 19-4A) vs. LC-M, PN-G, Lumberton or Livingston

Barbers Hill (#2 seed from 19-4A) vs. LC-M, PNG or Livingston

TEN DISTRICT 20-4A IFs

If LC-M wins, PN-G becomes Division 1 runner-up

If Nederland and PN-G win, PNG becomes Division 2 champion

If Nederland, Central and Vidor win, PNG becomes Division 2 champion

If Nederland, Central, and Livingston win, PNG becomes Division 2 runner-up

If Nederland wins and Vidor or Central win, Nederland becomes Division 1 runner-up

If PN-G and Livingston win and Nederland wins by at least three points, Nederland becomes Division 1 runner-up

If LC-M or Vidor wins, LC-M enters Division 2 bracket

If Livingston wins, Livingston enters Division 2 bracket

If Vidor, Ozen and LC-M win, Vidor becomes Division 1 runner-up

If LC-M, Vidor and Lumberton win, Lumberton enters Division 2 bracket

TWO DISTRICT 20-4A SURE-THINGS

Right now, PNG and Central are the only two teams in the playoffs. Central will be the Division 1 champion no matter what happens Friday.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote name="bear fan" post="896121" timestamp="1288841088"]
This is so freaking confusing ??? ??? ???  to many darn if's
[/quote]

Yup, just gotta play the games! One thing is certain though, It's going to be an exciting Friday night in Southeast Texas! ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4