UIL rule question

As far as I know, there is no rule about a student playing any sport during another sport(i.e. playing select baseball during football/baketball), so I would imagine that there isn't a rule regarding playing select baseball during the high school baseball season. However, if you've been a part of a Varsity baseball program, you'll know that the sport takes up a lot of time (till dark every practice), and many weekends have either a practices or tournaments.  If the program doesn't have much to do on the weekends, finishes practice early, and/or the player doesn't pitch; there really isn't anything wrong with it.
I love baseball, but that's going to be a lot on the students plate at one time; school, baseball, baseball, homework, sleep.

[quote author=Dayton Transplant link=topic=75468.msg895636#msg895636 date=1288809414]
Can someone clairify rule if any reguarding playing select and HS at same time. Also is there any rule about getting players together now and working out as a team in off season? Does it need to be after school is out and off school property conducted by someone other than an ISD coach?
[/quote

There isn't a rule against playing select and high school at the same time. However, most select organizations will not play while high school season is underway. I do not think there is a rule about getting a team together and working out during offseason. At Barbers Hill, we would get the team together and try to play in 2-4 tournaments in Dec.-Jan to get ready for the season. Obviously, weather was a factor. The coaches are not allowed to coach or help out with this team. Not sure about using school property.....Triple Play run by Ronnie Bay hosts tournaments locally before high school kicks off.
Check your personal messages.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham