Pitching limits for JV and Varsity?

The report said because of the high % of pitchers in HS having surgery, UIL was (and I did not here) next thing I caught was 90 pitch limit on JV and 105 Varsity with a cap for a 7 day period. Coaches would be required to fax in reports to somewhere daily and if caught over limit, coach would be suspended for a period of time.  This may be BULL, I don't know. Sure would equal playing field a little and put some strategy into the pitching.

I think its great !!! Something that should have been done along time ago.Alot of kids with quality arms and ability never get a chance to show the talent they have with coaches not willing to give them a chance .Trust me on this one and ill leave it at that,IN a year or two i might even be able to tell you a success story about 2 kids that never had the chance to pitch in a highschool game pitching at the collage level.But yes to save a kids arm in my oppinion its for the best.Any kid with talent is better off not throwing his arm out in highschool it only makes sense .

[quote name="silly365" post="897735" timestamp="1289000551"]
I think its great !!! Something that should have been done along time ago.Alot of kids with quality arms and ability never get a chance to show the talent they have with coaches not willing to give them a chance .Trust me on this one and ill leave it at that,IN a year or two i might even be able to tell you a success story about 2 kids that never had the chance to pitch in a highschool game pitching at the collage level.But yes to save a kids arm in my oppinion its for the best.Any kid with talent is better off not throwing his arm out in highschool it only makes sense .
[/quote]

good points, i hope they do it but i'm not holding my breathe

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats