Ball [color=black]0[/color]

Dawson [color=black]14 [/color][color=red]F/OT[/color]
Manvel [color=black]20[/color]

[color=black]LM had a bye week[/color].[/b][/color]

[quote name="dayton" post="898423" timestamp="1289013204"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=75631.msg898421#msg898421 date=1289013106]
bump for update
[/quote]

that puts you guys at the d2 #1 seed right??

who will ya'll play first round??
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]We are in serious trouble w/out a doubt...we play El Campo! They should take us out to the wood shed for their 1st ever win vs. LM in their school history. Seed #2 in Div.2[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="898456" timestamp="1289013936"]
[color=navy][b]We are in serious trouble w/out a doubt...we play El Campo! They should take us out to the wood shed for their 1st ever win vs. LM in their school history. Seed #2 in Div.2[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Yikes! that's definitely not a good draw. El Campo has got to be the favorite behind Brenham in this Region. Who knows though... maybe the Courgars can find some of that playoff magic.

Good luck either way. Good to see LM back in the postseason.

[quote name="dayton" post="898465" timestamp="1289014064"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=75631.msg898456#msg898456 date=1289013936]
[/quote]

Yikes! that's definitely not a good draw. El Campo has got to be the favorite behind Brenham in this Region. Who knows though... maybe the Courgars can find some of that playoff magic.

Good luck either way. Good to see LM back in the postseason.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Thanks for the words of encouragement however we only made the playoffs by default in the last week of the season. I really doubt there will be much magic taking place next week because the sad state of affairs in our program. Coach Jordan has had 3 years to rebuild our program and it simply hasn't happened. I've never seen so much talent wasted, especially this year. It's understandable that we will lose games however the manner in which we did so has been pretty pathetic to say the least. We have lost to TC 4 straight years in a row and that hasn't happened since early on when our schools opened. I have seen the lack of confidence in our typical consistent fan base in regards to Coach Jordan and his lack of productivity. Even so much so that all of our home games have had half filled bleachers including when we played our other rival Ball High in the clash of the causeway. You would have to see the disarray and confusion of our coaching staff but here's and example of what I speak of. This footage is right before we barely tied Ball with 22 seconds left and simply needed an extra point but for some reason there was mass confusion on the sideline before the PAT was kicked. This scenario has occurred on more than 1 occasion to where we actually had to call a timeout in order to have the proper personal on the field. Had it not been for Ball calling a timeout in the video footage we would have gotten a delay of game penalty and lost yardage...unreal! This is only the tip of the iceberg as to how unprepared our team has looked at times. Link is below...[/b][/color]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_uMR5Y7mqs]LM vs. Ball[/url]

Wow. Sad to hear it's that bad down there. I remember seeing the real Lamarque Cougars beat Denton Ryan in San Antonio for the title back in 02' (I think) and I thought they looked like Michigan out there. Just an overwhelming display of discipline and talent. I always hate to see a once glorified program go bad. Especially from our region. Kinda like Baytown Lee. I guess it happens. Still sad to see though. Good luck in the playoffs (at least you are in the playoffs) and in the future seasons.

And by the way, thanks for the scoring updates on 24-4A throughout the year.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="898691" timestamp="1289017546"]
Wow. Sad to hear it's that bad down there. I remember seeing the real Lamarque Cougars beat Denton Ryan in San Antonio for the title back in 02' (I think) and I thought they looked like Michigan out there. Just an overwhelming display of discipline and talent. I always hate to see a once glorified program go bad. Especially from our region. Kinda like Baytown Lee. I guess it happens. Still sad to see though. Good luck in the playoffs (at least you are in the playoffs) and in the future seasons.

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I hear ya on that 1 fella! It reminds me of the dismantling that Bay City went through and have never recovered from. Back in the day Bay City was a common feared opponent for us and although we won most of those playoff games I was always weary of running into them and would have preferred avoiding them if possible. As for the scorning updates..you're quite welcome and win, lose or draw I always post them despite the outcomes.[/b][/color]

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="898691" timestamp="1289017546"]

[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Ah yes...the Denton Ryan game in the Alamodome back in '03....that had to be one of the greatest playoff football games in Texas history. If I recall correctly it went 2 or 3 OT's before we prevailed by stopping them near the goal line and them trying to fumble forward into the end zone and hoping one of their players pounced on it. That team was under the great guidance of Coach Erwin and those kids knew what and how important their roles were to compete as a unified T E A M. Those kids were all about business and may have bent a few times but NEVER broke when the game was on the line! That is LM Football...not what we've put out on the field the last 4 years! [/b][/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo