Nederland’s Forney has fracture in hand

[quote name="bulldawg64" post="899787" timestamp="1289087959"]
the wild dog can pass,run,throw
intercept,and even run back punts.
very talented young man.

[/quote]

Forgive me, I momentarily forgot about Nederland's variation on the name of the formation.

trevin sonniers proven he can get the job done at any position hes played.hes got experience, skill,speed,good arm, determination, heart & the desire to do whatever it takes to lead his team to victory,the perfect qualities for a starting qb.it would be foolish not to give the best athlete on the team a chance to start at qb.  

If Dionte is not able to go at QB I am sure they will start Raines, I don't think they would want to stay in the WildDog all night. The great thing about the WildDog is the change of pace you wouldn't get that if you stayed in it. The other thing is Raines will most likely start next year. The more experience the better.

decisions like that are the reason ned. is 5-5 & barely made the playoffs.im sure crosby would love to see a sophmore qb playing to get experience for the future instead of a senior whos play  got his team into the playoffs.& whats up with not playing #45 on defense?its always good to have your best l.b. & leaders on the team standing on the sideline? 

[quote name="kf'89" post="899924" timestamp="1289094492"]
decisions like that are the reason ned. is 5-5 & barely made the playoffs.im sure crosby would love to see a sophmore qb playing to get experience for the future instead of a senior whos play  got his team into the playoffs.& whats up with not playing #45 on defense?its always good to have your best l.b. & leaders on the team standing on the sideline? 
[/quote]Really :o :o :o :o........

[quote name="kf'89" post="899924" timestamp="1289094492"]
[/quote]

I'm making an assumption that you are not a Dog fan! If you were you would know that the Dogs have started many QBs that were not seniors! One more trend you will find is that most of our QBs (Forney's the exception) have been pitchers. They have good arms and they know how to chunk the rock. If Neumann and Barrow choose to start Raines or not is their decision, but one thing is for sure, we will line up and play Friday Night.

I expect to see Dionte in on some capacity against Crosby. He can still do some damage with 2 fingers taped together. Good luck Big Ned![quote name="bulldawg64" post="899795" timestamp="1289088396"]
i would not rule out seeing dionte
with 2 fingers taped together at least playing
some.he can still block and play with his size
carson i have no problem with if we go with him
the dogs will be fine!
[/quote]

[quote name="phunter308" post="900317" timestamp="1289136416"]
A few starters alittle banged up but I think Dionte will want to play as well as Roebuc . They are senoirs and  want to win. Brock Pryor is hopeful he will be ready. If Dionte can't I am sure Trevin or Carson can handle the offense. They are both good atheletes.
[/quote]

Tyler Smith came in for Bellows as sophmore a few years ago against CE king in the Bi-District playoff game and did pretty well and led the dogs to a win. So this nothing new for the dogs, Carson will be fine if he gets in there.

Our run game can bail out any QB. Dionte only threw 9 times against LCM. He did have some huge runs though, especially getting 1st downs. I think the Dogs will be OK. Injuries are part of football and we just have to line up, like dawgnut said.

The wild dog for a change of pace? Sonnier can QB so I don't see why he can't run the same basic run plays pass the ball, and then throw in a wild dog. The defense really wouldn't know what to expect. I have no problem with who they put in there.

I would start Raines if for no other reason than to keep the defense guessing. What the mix was QB to wild dog would be up to Barrow. If they decided to go with Sonnier at QB it still wouldn't bother me, because he has shown that factor that all coaches wish all their players had, the desire to win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou