Doug Prewitt

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="901695" timestamp="1289238773"]
I personally think so. He outplayed Bevil from the past 5 games. He at least protected the ball. [b]It comes down to whether or not you believe a player should lose his spot to injury[/b]. I personally think you can and would like to see him given a chance.
[/quote]

Bevil should have lost his spot because he played poorly BEFORE his injury. The team sounded like they were really clicking with Prewitt in the game. Putting Bevil back is would send the wrong message to this team.

[quote name="HardHitter" post="901715" timestamp="1289240333"]
I agree that Bevil should have been at least benched in a game or two by now....Prewitt didn't perform bad for his first start...Like to see starts 2 and 3........ ;)
[/quote]

Considering this was his first collegiate start, on the road in the Georgia Dome of all places, I think he played admirably. His completion numbers weren't great, but that's to be expected for a first time start and not really getting the solid connection with receivers. Also, he threw a lot of incomplete passes toward the end when the team was trying to rally back for a final score. I think Prewitt is a game manager, not a game controller, like Bevil was.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="901791" timestamp="1289245205"]
[quote author=HardHitter link=topic=75757.msg901715#msg901715 date=1289240333]
I agree that Bevil should have been at least benched in a game or two by now....Prewitt didn't perform bad for his first start...Like to see starts 2 and 3........ ;)
[/quote]

Considering this was his first collegiate start, on the road in the Georgia Dome of all places, I think he played admirably. His completion numbers weren't great, but that's to be expected for a first time start and not really getting the solid connection with receivers. Also, he threw a lot of incomplete passes toward the end when the team was trying to rally back for a final score. I think Prewitt is a game manager, not a game controller, like Bevil was.
[/quote]

I heard a rumor that this kid may be a gamer.  Literally gets better when pressure rises.  Interesting to me!!

[quote name="sleepy" post="901819" timestamp="1289246724"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=75757.msg901791#msg901791 date=1289245205]
[quote author=HardHitter link=topic=75757.msg901715#msg901715 date=1289240333]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I heard a rumor that this kid may be a gamer.  Literally gets better when pressure rises.  Interesting to me!!
[/quote]

Perhaps, I base what I said solely off of what I heard on the radio Saturday. I've never actually seen him play.

Although I agree Prewitt stepped up and played well, I believe if Bevil is healthy, Bevil will get the start.  I hope however that Prewitt showed enough that the coaching staff will not leave Bevil in if he is not performing.  I only have the radio play by play to go on, but I think the biggest difference Saturday may have bee a healthy JJ Hayes versus Hayes not playing in two games because of injury and probably not up to full speed the week before last.  Personally I hope Prewitt gets a chance and proves it was his play that improved throughout the game and Lamar can build on the results post first quarter offensively.

He initially was in the wide receiver position and has moved to the QB spot. I was at the GSU game and after the first couple of offensive possessions, Doug was on target with almost every pass. He took controll of the offense and you could see him talking to the other players and leading the team. Something I believe we were lacking. Impressive for his first start.

[quote name="LU1991" post="902498" timestamp="1289321968"]
He initially was in the wide receiver position and has moved to the QB spot. I was at the GSU game and after the first couple of offensive possessions, Doug was on target with almost every pass. He took controll of the offense and you could see him talking to the other players and leading the team. Something I believe we were lacking. Impressive for his first start.
[/quote]

I was impressed too for a freshman on the road in a professional stadium I thought he played well. However, the elements may be against him in the form of rain this weekend and a lack of a running game will not help.

People you can't have it both ways. The OC can't be great and the OL and RB's good because we still do not have a RUSHING TD this season and are averaging less than 3.0 yard per carry. Then, if we were in the SLC this season we would probably be leading the conference in TO's.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham