Woodard Demotes Team Captains

KFDM COOP

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="904105" timestamp="1289489840"]
Something has to be done about the offense.  No rushing TD's is more a problem with the O-line the the RB's, although the play calling and offensive philosphy also has contributed to the problem.  Still,[u] [b]the teams with the best O & D lines generally win championships[/u][/b].
[/quote]
Someone finally gets it!  For all of his knowledge of offensive schemes and plays, Todd Dodge never understood the urgency in getting quality offensive and especially defensive linemen.  Loaded up the scholarships with wide receivers.  *sigh*

[quote name="Green Menace" post="904171" timestamp="1289494368"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=75844.msg904105#msg904105 date=1289489840]
Something has to be done about the offense.  No rushing TD's is more a problem with the O-line the the RB's, although the play calling and offensive philosphy also has contributed to the problem.  Still,[u] [b]the teams with the best O & D lines generally win championships[/u][/b].
[/quote]
Someone finally gets it!  For all of his knowledge of offensive schemes and plays, Todd Dodge never understood the urgency in getting quality offensive and especially defensive linemen.  Loaded up the scholarships with wide receivers.  *sigh*
[/quote]

If your O-line is great, your grandma can be an all american RB.  They make RB's always look better.  Great O-lines are a function of your O-line coach and your strength and conditioning coach.  It also nice to have a little "nasty" bred in them.

[quote name="Green Menace" post="904171" timestamp="1289494368"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=75844.msg904105#msg904105 date=1289489840]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I thought that was a given and look at our roster as to how many OL and DL we have recruited over the past two years. Heck, we lost a TE recruit who signed a LOI, then returned to junior college and is now playing at the University of Miami. He is a stud.

Let's see I count 12 OL and 9 DL on the roster.

Every year you hear coaches are looking for OL or DL help be it in the High School level, college level or professionally.

They are the ones on offense that you don't want to hear their number called.

On defense you want to hear their names as they are rushing the passer, maintaining their responsibilities, stopping run plays directed toward the middle and rush the passer. The DE function is to attack the passer or stop offensive runs to the edges of the line of scrimmage and maintain containment.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="904257" timestamp="1289499110"]
[quote author=Green Menace link=topic=75844.msg904171#msg904171 date=1289494368]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If your O-line is great, your grandma can be an all american RB.  They make RB's always look better.  Great O-lines are a function of your O-line coach and your strength and conditioning coach.  It also nice to have a little "nasty" bred in them.
[/quote]
Agreed

[quote name="beechnut" post="906058" timestamp="1289617630"]
Good for Coach Woodard and I lost any respect for Bevil when he laid down at SFA and was talking noise to his line.
[/quote]

What part of the team played well against SFA? I can't seem to remember. Was it the OL or DL? WR's, RB's, LB, DB, coaching staff, special teams?

Did you lose respect for any other part of the team? Bevil did not do a good enough job to hold on to the starting QB position but the young man is very talented and can play muliple positions on the team.

He played pretty well his first game in the slot.

Heck, you don't have to believe me. Just ask the head coach.

[quote name="HardHitter" post="909818" timestamp="1289847924"]
Ray please demote the OC...please Ray....
[/quote]

The offense did score 24 points last saturday... not bad.

He's teams have not produced very good numbers on the ground and that goes back to his days at SHSU. Ask one of their fan's that frequent the forum.

I don't care if yards per sack are entered into the total number per rush attempts because it is the same for all DI schools.

Less than 30 yards rushing and another game without a rushing TD says there is something missing be it the OC schemes, the OL, the RB's or all the above.

We have to fix this problem in the offseason or next year will be a long one as SHSU is better, then there is SFA, McNeese, Texas State for a year and the rest of the SLC.

We have to manage the game using our run game which keeps the clock moving and the defense off the field. Passing the ball, the clock stops with every incompletion or the player runs out of bounds or he makes a first down and the clock stops til the chains are moved.

[quote name="mffl" post="909853" timestamp="1289850534"]
[quote author=HardHitter link=topic=75844.msg909818#msg909818 date=1289847924]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Offense scored 21, special teams scored 3.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="909880" timestamp="1289851928"]
[quote author=mffl link=topic=75844.msg909853#msg909853 date=1289850534]
[quote author=HardHitter link=topic=75844.msg909818#msg909818 date=1289847924]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Offense scored 21, special teams scored 3.
[/quote]

the OC is an idiot
what..we went about 30 minutes without a first down?

[quote name="bigred360" post="909872" timestamp="1289851526"]
He's teams have not produced very good numbers on the ground and that goes back to his days at SHSU. Ask one of their fan's that frequent the forum.

I don't care if yards per sack are entered into the total number per rush attempts because it is the same for all DI schools.

Less than 30 yards rushing and another game without a rushing TD says there is something missing be it the OC schemes, the OL, the RB's or all the above.

We have to fix this problem in the offseason or next year will be a long one as SHSU is better, then there is SFA, McNeese, Texas State for a year and the rest of the SLC.

We have to manage the game using our run game which keeps the clock moving and the defense off the field. Passing the ball, the clock stops with every incompletion or the player runs out of bounds or he makes a first down and the clock stops til the chains are moved.
[/quote]

You can use a short passing game in lieu of a running game.  And, in college, the clock only stops temporarily on out of bounds plays if I recall correctly.  I think this was a fairly recent rules change to speed the game up a bit.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="910362" timestamp="1289879684"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=75844.msg909872#msg909872 date=1289851526]

[/quote]

You can use a short passing game in lieu of a running game.  And, in college, the clock only stops temporarily on out of bounds plays if I recall correctly.  I think this was a fairly recent rules change to speed the game up a bit.
[/quote]

You know for all the hype at Texas Tech about the air game under Mike Leach, they never won a championship.  I think you need some bubble screens and short passes in your playbook, but if that is all you got it aint going to win you the ring my friend.  You have to be able to run the ball.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="910369" timestamp="1289880707"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=75844.msg910362#msg910362 date=1289879684]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=75844.msg909872#msg909872 date=1289851526]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know for all the hype at Texas Tech about the air game under Mike Leach, they never won a championship.  I think you need some bubble screens and short passes in your playbook, but if that is all you got it aint going to win you the ring my friend.  You have to be able to run the ball.
[/quote]

but Lurch was exciting to watch...wr all over the place...with whitten, you dont even have to defend the middle of the field..I'd much rather watch passing than the wishbone...but you do have to be able to run it in from the one...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham

• This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up From this link... Apple Springs’ game against King’s Academy was stopped just minutes before halftime on Thursday night and was not resumed. According to Apple Springs head coach and superintendent Cody Moree, the game was stopped due to safety concerns for the players. “We came out on fire, and we had a takeaway on their first series,” Moree said. “We scored every time we had the ball and built a big enough lead that we thought we might get a 45-point lead before half (which would have ended the game).   “A couple of our players were targeted on some plays that didn’t get called. We had a play where we hit a guy late on a tackle and we got flagged for it. “Players came off their bench and several of their fans came over the fence and there were verbal threats made toward our players.”   At that point, I went to the head official and told him that we were taking our kids off the field for their safety and the game was over.” Moree and his team went into the fieldhouse at that point and remained there until the stadium was cleared. “We didn’t forfeit anything,” Moree said. “I’m proud of our students and how we played and we handled ourselves in that situation.” Apple Springs will host Leverett’s Chapel on Friday.
    • Week 4- Winners 1. Barbers Hill vs Richmond Foster 2. Lufkin @ Tyler 3. West Brook @ Silsbee 4. Jasper @ Beaumont United 5. West Orange-Stark vs Episcopal 6. Anahuac @ Lutheran South Academy 7. Coldspring-Oakhurst @ Kelly Catholic 8. Hardin @ Tarkington 9. Kirbyville @ Warren 10. Crockett @ Centerville 11. Diboll @ Woodville 12. Fairfield @ Buffalo 13. Teague vs Mexia 14. Anderson-Shiro @ Shepherd 15. Kountze @ Buna 16. New Waverly @ Huntington 17. Garrison @ Lovelady 18. Joaquin @ Grand Saline 19. San Augustine @ West Sabine 20. Shelbyville @ Mt. Enterprise 21. Colmesneil @ Trinity freebie 22. Evadale @ Cushing 23. Apple Springs vs Kings Academy freebie 24. Burkeville vs Richland Springs 25. Chester @ Union Hill
    • no, no you can not get a better idea when district starts.  they can go 0-4 predistrict and run the house in district because its so weak.  
    • anytime there is an article on ktz football saying its on the rise, you can bet the house theyre going to lose the next game!
    • This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up
  • Topics