All home LU hoops games to be streamed

[quote]All home Lamar University men's and women's basketball games will be streamed live for free this season on Lamar's athletic Web site, www.LamarCardinals.com.

"This will give people everywhere the opportunity to watch the Cardinals," said Clint Burges, Lamar's video coordinator. This is a huge step for the university." [/quote]

Now I'll have a chance to see them play a lot more since I live out of town.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/genrel/111110aaa.html

Streaming all the men and women basketball home games. All the football games have been streamed. Then Lamar's video coordinator, Clint Burgess said the hope to stream all the baseball games.

Next year, they will include volleyball and soccer with a possibility of streaming some road games with those sports.

The video feed will be enhanced by play-by-play commentary from Lamar's announcers. Those would be Dave Hofferth the voice of Lamar University men's basketball for over 30 years and News Director Harold Mann of KLVI.

This is a great step in the right direction for Lamar University and the fan's.

This is really awesome, I would love it if Sam did this for free.

My only problem is that it might discourage fans from going. Maybe not football since you guys pretty much sell out every game, it's good for it to be available somewhere, but it might discourage some from basketball games. BUT, for all those who don't go to the game, you've got alumni out there that get to watch.

I think the positives outweigh the negatives in this situation. I'm jealous.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham