Man Florida is heads above Texas in HS Football (rolls eyes)

[IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/idea-007.gif[/img][IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/idea-007.gif[/img]  Ok, what the heck?  You killin me!  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/crazy.gif[/img][IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Confused/crazy.gif[/img]

I was talking to Sumlin the other day. He's a really nice guy and when he has time he talks to students at UH at random.

I asked him about recruiting and why people tend to like Florida athletes, he said that their is a perception that they have faster athletes, he also said that he thinks its a MYTH. he argued that you play west coast teams and their just as fast as Florida teams, he also pointed out that if you want a QB you look to Texas, Ohio, or California not Florida.

Dunno just a thought from a college coach.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="910307" timestamp="1289876686"]
I was talking to Sumlin the other day. He's a really nice guy and when he has time he talks to students at UH at random.

I asked him about recruiting and why people tend to like Florida athletes, he said that their is a perception that they have faster athletes, he also said that he thinks its a MYTH. he argued that you play west coast teams and their just as fast as Florida teams, he also pointed out that if you want a QB you look to Texas, Ohio, or California not Florida.

Dunno just a thought from a college coach.
[/quote]i agree somewhat

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="910983" timestamp="1289957038"]
FYI the best college football players come from Texas and Cali. Its a lot harder to enroll at a Big 12 school than it is the SEC and ACC.[b]about 20% of the SEC wouldn't even qualify to play in most other conferences.[/b]
[/quote]finally someone says it. Thank you

[quote name="3apantherfan" post="910428" timestamp="1289891132"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=76178.msg910402#msg910402 date=1289884647]
oh yea, well if you want the baddest,meanest, slobber knocking sob, you pick a kid from Texas. We are the king in HS football period!!!
[/quote]

Thats the Truth!
Smartest thing I have ever read on here!
[/quote]

I have to agree....you tell em Scalp'em !  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32

• Loser of this game might possibly face Daingerfield in the 1st round of the playoffs depending on how district 11 plays out. Daingerfield hasn't been that great up to this point this year but that's still not a team you want to face first round if you can help it 
    • Newton wins easily. 
    • Hitchcock dline had a Nebraska commit and probably another guy that will play at the next level.  I do agree the oline has to start gelling together to move people off the ball where we can run the ball more consistently  
    • 1. Kingwood 2. Barbers Hill 3. Galveston Ball 4. West Brook  5. Angleton 6. La Porte 7. Huntsville  8. Lake Creek  9. Bridge City 10. Huffman 11. Lumberton 12. Little Cypress-Mauriceville  13.  Hamshire Fannett 14. Shepherd 15. West Orange-Stark  16. Anahuac  17.  Orangefield 18. Hardin 19. Teague  20. Kountze 21. Anderson-Shiro 22. Newton 23. Garrison  24. Joaquin 25. Evadale
    • State                            TODAY                             TODAY (2020)   ARIZONA                         Trump  +1.4                    Biden +3.8   GEORGIA                         Trump +1.1                     Biden +.8    NEVADA                         Harris +.8                        Biden +6.8    PENN                             Harris  +.8                       Biden +7.1    WISC                             Harris +.8                         Biden +7.3   Comparing today versus the same day in 2020 -  It's pretty obvious who has the momentum. 
  • Topics