Chronicle's Region 3 4A division II article.

xLmCoog88

I would rank the top 4 as being...
#1 Dayton - they have been to the quarter final game the last three years.  Until they are knocked out you can't overlook all the players on the Broncos that have been there and done that.
#2 Manvel - Both Manvel and LaMarque come out of the toughest district in the region.  That can only help both teams.
#3 LaMarque
#4 PN-G - The lack of overall team speed will hurt PN-G.  I watched the PN-G vs Barbers Hill game, and there were many plays that a running back from lets say Dayton or even Livingston would have had the speed to break a long play against either team.

The Regional round should be Dayton vs LaMarque and PN-G vs Manvel, but you just never know.  Brenham and El Campo should both be wake up calls for all four of those teams.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="911244" timestamp="1289992424"]
#4 PN-G - The lack of overall team speed will hurt PN-G.  I watched the PN-G vs Barbers Hill game, and there were many plays that a running back from lets say Dayton or even Livingston would have had the speed to break a long play against either team.

[/quote]

If this PNG team blocked as well as the 1975 state championship team then the "lack of overall team speed" would not be a big problem.  Not many speed burners on that team, but in the words of the immortal Bob West, the 1975 PNG team was the best downfield blocking team he has ever witnessed at all levels of football, Pro to peewee.  

Great observations...would love to see my boys from PNG go to the Region 3 finals though. If the defense comes to play and tackles in the open field against the faster teams. I can see it happening with the explosive offense we have.
Going to be a great Play off games for everyone. with the upsets and close games, ready to see how all this ends.
Good luck everyone

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4