Manvel vs. Washington updates

rollinac

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="913514" timestamp="1290219826"]
Manvel is my pick for region 3 div. 2 winner. Not based on this game, but because Dexter Foreman is a beast.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]They also have another pretty good QB to boot and they rotate the 2 of them.The other kid actually has more TD's than Foreman.[/b][/color]

Name           Comp Att Pct Yds TD  INT
Dexter Foreman 66  110    60 1017 11 3
Travaughn Colwell    67  130 51.54  925 14 5

[quote name="indianforever" post="913497" timestamp="1290219469"]
does manvil have a good defense...give me some scouting reports please :)
[/quote]

Offense - 4 WR no huddle (3 wr 2 RB in the red zone).  Fast paced.  4 wr's are all small and really fast.  #5 rb is small and fast and the other one is taller and a little bigger physical back type.  They rotate QB's every series #7 starts and #8 comes in behind him.  Both are tall and athletic...7 is shorter but heavier 6'1" 215 I'd guess and 8 is 6'4" 195 ish.  I didn't notice one being any better than the other at really anything.  Both throw the ball well and both are quick on the inside.  They liked throwing the deep ball especially the post corner from the outside wr in the spread.  Inside guys ran underneath routes mostly.  It's tough to say if they do this all the time because Washington was playing a 4-3 straight man on the 4 wr with no safety.  The 3 LB's were spying the QB and RB (yes all 3).  There was little pass rush and both QB moved well in the pocket so why not throw the bomb every play.  The wr got behind the cb's just about every time and were on the money on all except 1 slight overthrow (off the fingertips and really shoulda been caught).  The RT is HUGE 6'5" 280+ and the rest of the o-line is 200-230.  Center is maybe 200.  Pass blocking technique was good...made contact early with good footwork across the board.  Run blocking was not good as Washington's interior line blew up the straight ahead run.  Only successful running plays were QB scrambles and misdirection draw traps (like the one PNG runs where the qb starts to roll right then hands off back to the left on the draw).

Defense - Base defense of 4-2-5 and they played cover 3 zone on every play.  Flats were wide open as the 2 strong safeties were good athletes but could not cover that much ground.  Every pass play Wash ran was a flood roll out so at least they were making some smart play calls.  They also got the running game going pretty well.  I wasn't very impressed with any of the defensive lineman of Manvel....RE was probably the best pass rusher and they were average size.  LB's would shoot the A gaps just about every first down.  They missed a lot of tackles but swarmed to the ball and eventually would corral the runner.  The 2 CB's were both REALLY good...one pick 6 one fumble return td.  Couldn't get much of a read on the FS as he played centerfield 15-20 yards off the line and they never really challenged him.  

All that being said Manvel was a pretty formidable team.  They have athletes everywhere, are well coached, and have what looks like a lot of depth.  They rotated so many players that I couldn't tell who the starters really were or if anyone was playing both ways.  They've got a lot of players.  Defense didn't look as good as the offense.  Wasn't a very good read team though as Washington would have had a really tough time beating Baytown Lee....looked like they were drawing up plays in the huddle.  

[quote name="rollinac" post="913722" timestamp="1290223966"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=76376.msg913497#msg913497 date=1290219469]
does manvil have a good defense...give me some scouting reports please :)
[/quote]

Offense - 4 WR no huddle (3 wr 2 RB in the red zone).  Fast paced.  4 wr's are all small and really fast.  #5 rb is small and fast and the other one is taller and a little bigger physical back type.  They rotate QB's every series #7 starts and #8 comes in behind him.  Both are tall and athletic...7 is shorter but heavier 6'1" 215 I'd guess and 8 is 6'4" 195 ish.  I didn't notice one being any better than the other at really anything.  Both throw the ball well and both are quick on the inside.  They liked throwing the deep ball especially the post corner from the outside wr in the spread.  Inside guys ran underneath routes mostly.  It's tough to say if they do this all the time because Washington was playing a 4-3 straight man on the 4 wr with no safety.  The 3 LB's were spying the QB and RB (yes all 3).  There was little pass rush and both QB moved well in the pocket so why not throw the bomb every play.  The wr got behind the cb's just about every time and were on the money on all except 1 slight overthrow (off the fingertips and really shoulda been caught).  The RT is HUGE 6'5" 280+ and the rest of the o-line is 200-230.  Center is maybe 200.  Pass blocking technique was good...made contact early with good footwork across the board.  Run blocking was not good as Washington's interior line blew up the straight ahead run.  Only successful running plays were QB scrambles and misdirection draw traps (like the one PNG runs where the qb starts to roll right then hands off back to the left on the draw).

Defense - Base defense of 4-2-5 and they played cover 3 zone on every play.  Flats were wide open as the 2 strong safeties were good athletes but could not cover that much ground.  Every pass play Wash ran was a flood roll out so at least they were making some smart play calls.  They also got the running game going pretty well.  I wasn't very impressed with any of the defensive lineman of Manvel....RE was probably the best pass rusher and they were average size.  LB's would shoot the A gaps just about every first down.  They missed a lot of tackles but swarmed to the ball and eventually would corral the runner.  The 2 CB's were both REALLY good...one pick 6 one fumble return td.  Couldn't get much of a read on the FS as he played centerfield 15-20 yards off the line and they never really challenged him.  

All that being said Manvel was a pretty formidable team.  They have athletes everywhere, are well coached, and have what looks like a lot of depth.  They rotated so many players that I couldn't tell who the starters really were or if anyone was playing both ways.  They've got a lot of players.  Defense didn't look as good as the offense.  Wasn't a very good read team though as Washington would have had a really tough time beating Baytown Lee....looked like they were drawing up plays in the huddle.  
[/quote]

great job!!!...thank you very much :) :) :)

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="913514" timestamp="1290219826"]
Manvel is my pick for region 3 div. 2 winner. Not based on this game, but because Dexter Foreman is a beast.
[/quote]

Probably not a bad pick...they've got the talent.  Foreman may be a best but Brennan Doty is a better QB.  Both Manvel's qbs have the ability to keep the play alive that Doty doesn't have and they look to run as the last option on the scramble.  Looks at the first option and waits on him to come open then steps up.  Doesn't get to second option until starting to scramble and took 2 sacks when the backside receivers were open.  Their throws were somewhat erratic at times but the wr's were so open that it didn't matter.

[quote name="rollinac" post="913765" timestamp="1290224615"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76376.msg913514#msg913514 date=1290219826]
[/quote]

Probably not a bad pick...they've got the talent.  Foreman may be a best but Brennan Doty is a better QB.  Both Manvel's qbs have the ability to keep the play alive that Doty doesn't have and they look to run as the last option on the scramble.  Looks at the first option and waits on him to come open then steps up.  Doesn't get to second option until starting to scramble and took 2 sacks when the backside receivers were open.  Their throws were somewhat erratic at times but the wr's were so open that it didn't matter.
[/quote]

if PN-G met up with them do you think PN-G can beat them?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4