*#9 SILSBEE vs. #19 OZEN Broadcast*/ OZEN WINS 57-49!!!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two glaring stats of this game.

Fouls

Silsbee    33  (20 in 2nd half)
Ozen      14 (6 in 2nd half)

Silsbee had 10 fouls by the 2 minute mark of the 3rd, Ozen had 1 foul. Silsbee had 3 players foul out with 2 others with 4. Ozen had one player over 3 personals.

The other stat:

Silsbee had 30 turnovers!!!

I don't like to point out foul descrepancies, but when you lose by less than 10 and have 20 more fouls than the other team, something ain't right. ;) Particularly when both teams play aggressive style on offense and defense.

First half was called much different than the second half. No consistancy.

[quote name="WBbear" post="923202" timestamp="1291175543"]
Was at this game tonight. Stallworth is a stud.
[/quote]

DC had another real good game.  We just have to make better passes and decisions with the ball and we will be fine.  Good to see DC get some help on the boards as well.   Lane helped out there a good bit.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="923253" timestamp="1291179693"]
Way too many unforced turnovers tonight. Gaines will be a very welcome addition. More Silsbee fans in attendance tonight than Ozen, maybe we need a 7,000 seat basketball arena.  ;)
[/quote]Goes to show you how important a PG is to your team.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="923268" timestamp="1291181190"]
[quote author=SHSTIGER link=topic=76808.msg923253#msg923253 date=1291179693]
Way too many unforced turnovers tonight. Gaines will be a very welcome addition. More Silsbee fans in attendance tonight than Ozen, maybe we need a 7,000 seat basketball arena.  ;)
[/quote]Goes to show you how important a PG is to your team.
[/quote]

Rumor is that there's a underutilized, uber-talented pg playing down in the basketball wasteland know as Hamshire-Fannett. We'll welcome him too.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="923317" timestamp="1291207461"]
These last 2 posts crack me up...  True comedians...  ::) ::)
[/quote]

Look, I'll admit I never like bringing the refs into play, it's really not the reason for any loss, I usually discourage that kind of talk. BUT, the way the 2nd half of this game was called, it was just too hard to ignore completely. I have seen enough basketball in my lifetime to make a fair and honest assesment. The 2nd half of this game was officiated very poorly.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="923327" timestamp="1291208826"]
Those other  two guys are comedians.. But I'm askng you...  Were those 'Beaumont' refs?  Because I find it hard that anyone would have it out for Silsbee...
[/quote]

Well, let's just say it was the Beaumont Chapter who I really don't have a problem with and never will. I have some good friends who officiate in that chapter. It was just a bad 2nd half, sometimes that happens.

Remember, Silsbee also had 30 turnovers. ;)

Soulja, come to the show tonight and I'll give you the "real" info. ;)

Silsbee without a doubt had plenty of opportunities last night even without Gaines & Holmes
But Ozen took advantage of the Tigers mistakes and came away with the win

I dont think Silsbee could have won last night with 30 turnovers so I dont see why we are talkin about the refs

Silsbee just didn't hold on to the ball and did not have a full roster last night end of story

I hope we can get a rematch before the play-offs

congrats to Ozen on the win

I agree that the Tigers shouldn't have won with that many tunovers, but the game was still very much in question with a few minutes to go. In those few minutes there was some questionable calls made and missed. But we have to take better care of the ball where those calls are not even a concern.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="923321" timestamp="1291208203"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=76808.msg923317#msg923317 date=1291207461]
These last 2 posts crack me up...  True comedians...  ::) ::)
[/quote]

Look, I'll admit I never like bringing the refs into play, it's really not the reason for any loss, I usually discourage that kind of talk. BUT, the way the 2nd half of this game was called, it was just too hard to ignore completely. I have seen enough basketball in my lifetime to make a fair and honest assesment. The 2nd half of this game was officiated very poorly.
[/quote]

::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32