Evadale Tournament Update Thread/KOUNTZE WINS THE TOURNEY!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to the Lions on a good game.. They were just to fast and their 3 pointer % was great. The game kind for went the way I thought. Evadale owned the inside but you just cant trade 2 for 3s all night. But like big Mo said it was a good game for just having 2 practices. I hope to see a different game in 2 weeks ;D Again Great game for the Lions..

First I would like to congratulate the Lions for winning the tournament. You have an outstanding squad and if you continue to shoot and press the way you did last night then you should have a very successful season and make plenty of noise in the post season. You are well coached and there is certainly plenty of talent on the team.

To my Rebels I would like to say job well done! It was a week and a day from the regional semi final football game to the championship game in the tournament, you have won 4 out of 5 games and that includes 2 2A teams and a 3A team that you defeated with little trouble. It will be a long time before you will meet up with a team like Kountze in 1A play, but I believe that the best is yet to come. Who knows we might get to face the Lions again this year and the outcome might be different. I told people before the game that it was a win-win situation for the Rebels. A victory over Kountze would have been a major boost, but falling to a team that is in a higher classification with the tradition of a program like Kountze was a great measuring stick to start off the year with. This is the first time that the guys have been in the tournament final in eight years. The tournament only had one 1A team and that was the Rebels. Playing tougher competition in the early part of the season will make things progress faster than it would have playing down.

I see great things for the Rebels on the hardwood, just like I saw on the football field. This group of players, all seniors and juniors just does not have any quit in them, so take the lessons of this game and turn them into possitive points that the team can grow from.

Guest Abraham
[quote name="Wildcatter" post="926617" timestamp="1291527217"]
Much better TEAM in Orangefield this year
[/quote]
I really doubt that after ZACH ---> (Orangefields whole team) graduated this past year they wont do much at all in district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham