Lamar vs. Rice Predictions? RICE WINS!

Sorry bigred360...I was there (I live in Houston and am a LU alum...my first game of the year). I was very disappointed in the play of James. I didn't want him in there at the end based on what I saw. I thought he played terrible and got some quality minutes early on and did not produce. But what's the deal with Devon Lamb?...is he in the doghouse? And Davis who made some critical 3's only got in the game due to others being in foul trouble. We have NO inside game. Coy Custer is the best we have...mature and a leader...perhaps a step slow but we should play him 'til he fouls out. Brown shows flashes of athleticism, but RICE had their way with him. I like Minor's hustle...BUT, he missed the shot that cost us the game. Hard to sugar coat that...he was wide open.

[quote name="LamarTech" post="927717" timestamp="1291684202"]
Sorry bigred360...I was there (I live in Houston and am a LU alum...my first game of the year). I was very disappointed in the play of James. I didn't want him in there at the end based on what I saw. I thought he played terrible and got some quality minutes early on and did not produce. But what's the deal with Devon Lamb?...is he in the doghouse? And Davis who made some critical 3's only got in the game due to others being in foul trouble. We have NO inside game. Coy Custer is the best we have...mature and a leader...perhaps a step slow but we should play him 'til he fouls out. Brown shows flashes of athleticism, but RICE had their way with him. I like Minor's hustle...BUT, he missed the shot that cost us the game. Hard to sugar coat that...he was wide open.
[/quote]

You stated he played some quality minutes? He only played 8 for the whole game. I must admit he did have a TO and was 0-2 from the field but you can't base or I hope you don't base your opinion of Mike James' abilities in 8 minutes. He also had 1 rebound and 1 assist in those 8 minutes.

Lamb is a great athlete but he can't shoot the ball. He is about 30% from the FT line this season and Minor is a good defensive player but he wouldn't be the one I would have taking the last shot. He stopped for a 15 footer and could have drove to the basket and drawn a foul or made a layup.

Agree we are lacking in the post but I think Brazier along with Custer are the two better post we have.

Another question I have is where is Tremell Adams? He scored 31 points in one scrimmage and 38 in another yet the coaching staff isn't playing him. I guess the scrimmages don't mean much?

I'll leave the rest for the debate about Mike James to Hoop_Insider, Lazeek or someone who knows more about the game of basketball than I do. I'm really just a disappointed fan right now.

Brazier can't play defense without fouling. That is his biggest problem currently. The problem I see is we have 14 players who all think they should be the star and starting. No one is really buying into Rocs system. I think it will get better but they have to start buying in and learning their own rolls. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham