Hardin-Jefferson vs. LC-M Game Thread/LCM WINS 48-46!!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="928507" timestamp="1291781967"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=77127.msg928503#msg928503 date=1291781774]
What wrong with that BLUE. :D :D :D
[/quote]That LC-M  cheer group is fun to watch, but because of them , one of our fans was kicked out the gym. ;D
[/quote]

Next time, tell your wife not to be so overly sensitive and keep her mouth shut. ;) ;D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="928510" timestamp="1291782063"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77127.msg928507#msg928507 date=1291781967]
[/quote]That LC-M  cheer group is fun to watch, but because of them , one of our fans was kicked out the gym. ;D
[/quote]

Next time, tell your wife not to be so overly sensitive and keep her mouth shut. ;) ;D
[/quote] :D It wasn't her Aggie

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="928203" timestamp="1291757112"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=77127.msg928157#msg928157 date=1291752768]
Howdy HJ fans! I'm not usually the one to stir up trouble, but I cant help it for this.  ;D

I told quite a few people this was a down year for HJ and that they don't have the level of talent they have had in the past. Don't mean to disrespect the program, just pointing out the fall from power this year.

I dont want to hear the history lessons some of you HJ fans will try and throw out because the other people on this forum hear enough of it year after year.

With this being said, I hope HJ gets back on track and makes a run to the playoffs to help represent our area of SETX.. Please do, or this forum might get real quiet in a hurry  ;)

[/quote]

Your statement has some salt to it...........

Really the only thing missing is a "go to" player this year.  HJ has tons of role players, but one of those players has to step up each night.  And in some games more than one has to have a great night.  With that being said HJ has been without two starters all season and got one of those back just this week.  Give them time to gel and things will be fine.  No Hawks are panicking for sure!!! 

I totally believe that HJ will compete for the district title and make a deep run in the playoffs as they do each year and yet if they fall short of Austin someone will still claim that it is a "down year" for the Hawks!!!! ::) ::) ::)

Also can you give us your description of a "down year"?  I mean do the Hawks miss the playoffs totally, make it and lose first round, make it and fall short of Regionals??  What is your opinion?
[/quote]

I dont think they are going win district.. I dont see how they miss the playoffs because even if HJ isnt as good this year, they are still good enough for second or third in district.. HJ will struggle without that go-to scorer they are missing, you are right ZEEK, they have all role players and its going to get them beat earlier than HJ fans expect in playoffs..  Thats what I mean by down year.. HJ has been one of the premier teams recent memory, but not this year.. The fire-power offense isnt there and they will be beat by athletic teams..

I am willing to eat those words if Im wrong, but Im just calling but what I see with that team.. Panic shouldnt be very high, but it will be if they take an other loss to a team they should beat..

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="928510" timestamp="1291782063"]
[/quote]

[/quote]So typical of a male....Aggie! But Dove was almost kicked out the gym tonight. An armed fellow was summoned to keep an eye on Dove!

Based on who they have played the only team they should have beat that they did not was LCM!!!!!

They have played Kountze, Nederland, Central and four of the five teams in the AP tournament are good teams.  Anahuac is a good 2A team.

HJ has played three 2A teams (Kountze, Anahuac and Luling)
HJ has played one 3A team (Aransas Pass)
HJ has played six 4A teams (Nederland, Central, Port Lavaca Calhoun (twice), Kingsville King, Gregory Portland and LCM)

As a HJ alum, a huge fan and the setxsports broadcaster for HJ games you know how I feel about the Hawks, they have lost games early in the season and they always get better as the season goes.  Are they worthy of their #3 ranking to start the season.............I said NO when it came out, and that has been proven so far.  Do I think they are a State Championship team???  No, but I said that in 2007 also!!!!!  All it takes is to be playing the best ball in late February and March........and also to catch some breaks during the playoffs as well.  Sometimes it is just more heart and desire than anything.  HJ has always, always been the less athletic team when they play in the playoffs, but they have been able to overcome that with playing smart ball.  Only time will tell.  I am hopeful that the run continues and that HJ and others from SE Texas represent well in the Drum in Austin!!!  Would love to see Region 3 being all teams from SE Texas in Austin.  Memorial, Nederland or Ozen, HJ or Silsbee, Kountze, EC or Anahuac, Evadale, etc

How great would that be????

[quote name="dogs1218" post="928536" timestamp="1291782928"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=77127.msg928203#msg928203 date=1291757112]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=77127.msg928157#msg928157 date=1291752768]
Howdy HJ fans! I'm not usually the one to stir up trouble, but I cant help it for this.  ;D

I told quite a few people this was a down year for HJ and that they don't have the level of talent they have had in the past. Don't mean to disrespect the program, just pointing out the fall from power this year.

I dont want to hear the history lessons some of you HJ fans will try and throw out because the other people on this forum hear enough of it year after year.

With this being said, I hope HJ gets back on track and makes a run to the playoffs to help represent our area of SETX.. Please do, or this forum might get real quiet in a hurry  ;)

[/quote]

Your statement has some salt to it...........

Really the only thing missing is a "go to" player this year.  HJ has tons of role players, but one of those players has to step up each night.  And in some games more than one has to have a great night.  With that being said HJ has been without two starters all season and got one of those back just this week.  Give them time to gel and things will be fine.  No Hawks are panicking for sure!!! 

I totally believe that HJ will compete for the district title and make a deep run in the playoffs as they do each year and yet if they fall short of Austin someone will still claim that it is a "down year" for the Hawks!!!! ::) ::) ::)

Also can you give us your description of a "down year"?  I mean do the Hawks miss the playoffs totally, make it and lose first round, make it and fall short of Regionals??  What is your opinion?
[/quote]

I dont think they are going win district.. I dont see how they miss the playoffs because even if HJ isnt as good this year, they are still good enough for second or third in district.. HJ will struggle without that go-to scorer they are missing, you are right ZEEK, they have all role players and its going to get them beat earlier than HJ fans expect in playoffs..  Thats what I mean by down year.. HJ has been one of the premier teams recent memory, but not this year.. The fire-power offense isnt there and they will be beat by athletic teams..

I am willing to eat those words if Im wrong, but Im just calling but what I see with that team.. Panic shouldnt be very high, but it will be if they take an other loss to a team they should beat..

[/quote]This sounds encouraging. HJ role players against HF role players.

[quote name="mammagotjuice" post="928543" timestamp="1291783271"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77127.msg928510#msg928510 date=1291782063]
[/quote]

[/quote]So typical of a male....Aggie! But Dove was almost kicked out the gym tonight. An armed fellow was summoned to keep an eye on Dove!
[/quote]No, he was there protecting me from those coaches. ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="928546" timestamp="1291783675"]
Based on who they have played the only team they should have beat that they did not was LCM!!!!!

They have played Kountze, Nederland, Central and four of the five teams in the AP tournament are good teams.  Anahuac is a good 2A team.

HJ has played three 2A teams (Kountze, Anahuac and Luling)
HJ has played one 3A team (Aransas Pass)
HJ has played six 4A teams (Nederland, Central, Port Lavaca Calhoun (twice), Kingsville King, Gregory Portland and LCM)

As a HJ alum, a huge fan and the setxsports broadcaster for HJ games you know how I feel about the Hawks, they have lost games early in the season and they always get better as the season goes.  Are they worthy of their #3 ranking to start the season.............I said NO when it came out, and that has been proven so far.  Do I think they are a State Championship team???  No, but I said that in 2007 also!!!!!  All it takes is to be playing the best ball in late February and March........and also to catch some breaks during the playoffs as well.  Sometimes it is just more heart and desire than anything.  HJ has always, always been the less athletic team when they play in the playoffs, but they have been able to overcome that with playing smart ball.  Only time will tell.  I am hopeful that the run continues and that HJ and others from SE Texas represent well in the Drum in Austin!!!  Would love to see Region 3 being all teams from SE Texas in Austin.  Memorial, Nederland or Ozen, HJ or Silsbee, Kountze, EC or Anahuac, Evadale, etc

How great would that be????
[/quote]

That would be great for our area's basketball! We would be well represented by fans too for every team

with all due respect, dogs, we hear that every year.  this team is the deepest HJ team that i can remember, and they have some guys who are capable of becoming that go-to player.  HJ very well could have a down year this year, but i don't know what you've seen to base that on.  like lazeek said, they should've beaten a decent 4A LCM, and lost by 2, but that was after playing something like 7 games in the previous 6 days, and then having a several hour drive home from the AP tourney on Sunday.  they've also been without 2 starters.  that's only going to make them stronger, as two younger guys have gotten a ton of playing time to start the year. but hey, i'll take another "down year" if it means 28-30 wins and a run several rounds deep into the playoffs.  we have those types of "down years" every year.

[quote name="bullets13" post="928793" timestamp="1291836354"]
with all due respect, dogs, we hear that every year.  this team is the deepest HJ team that i can remember, and they have some guys who are capable of becoming that go-to player.  HJ very well could have a down year this year, but i don't know what you've seen to base that on.  like lazeek said, they should've beaten a decent 4A LCM, and lost by 2, but that was after playing something like 7 games in the previous 6 days, and then having a several hour drive home from the AP tourney on Sunday.  they've also been without 2 starters.  that's only going to make them stronger, as two younger guys have gotten a ton of playing time to start the year. but hey, i'll take another "down year" if it means 28-30 wins and a run several rounds deep into the playoffs.  we have those types of "down years" every year.
[/quote]You can't stay on top FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!  Accept that maybe this is the year or the beginning of the fall of the HJ Empire. Get over it fellas. You had a nice long run. LET IT GO!!!! :D

All this talk about HF is killing me.  When was/did HF become relevant when it came to basketball?  I keep thinking i am reading the Football or Baseball page.  To say that HF will be district champs in the future would be like me spitting out non sense that the HJ Football team will dominate district in the upcoming years.  Neither is going to happen.  Every now and again, HJ football will win just enough games to make it the 3rd team in district.  Same with HF in basketball.  One year not a dynasty made.  In 3 or 4 or 20 years, HF may win a few basketball games and may not be the district step child.  But for now, please know your role.  I will continue to keep my mouth shut when it comes to HJ football and beat my chest when they finally win vs proclaiming their dominance in the distant future and look like the village idiot to everyone reading this page.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="928837" timestamp="1291838937"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=77127.msg928793#msg928793 date=1291836354]
[/quote]You can't stay on top FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!  Accept that maybe this is the year or the beginning of the fall of the HJ Empire. Get over it fellas. You had a nice long run. LET IT GO!!!! :D
[/quote] Part of the reason for success is not getting over it and doing your best not to let it go.  Key self perpetuating ingredients for a successful program.

[quote name="86hawk" post="928853" timestamp="1291839988"]
All this talk about HF is killing me.  When was/did HF become relevant when it came to basketball?  I keep thinking i am reading the Football or Baseball page.  To say that HF will be district champs in the future would be like me spitting out non sense that the HJ Football team will dominate district in the upcoming years.  Neither is going to happen.  Every now and again, HJ football will win just enough games to make it the 3rd team in district.  Same with HF in basketball.  One year not a dynasty made.  In 3 or 4 or 20 years, HF may win a few basketball games and may not be the district step child.  But for now, please know your role.  I will continue to keep my mouth shut when it comes to HJ football and beat my chest when they finally win vs proclaiming their dominance in the distant future and look like the village idiot to everyone reading this page.
[/quote]

Permit me to recommend that you send a private message to bluedove3 and find out exactly why HF will win a state championship in 2012

[quote name="86hawk" post="928853" timestamp="1291839988"]
[/quote]If I didn't bring up HF, yall wouldn't know it was still open.

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="928874" timestamp="1291842248"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77127.msg928843#msg928843 date=1291839288]
I can't stand confident fans, especially from HJ.  ;D  Winning becomes too much of a habit for some people ;)
[/quote]

so does whining  ;D
[/quote] >:( ;)

[quote name="stevenash" post="928894" timestamp="1291845279"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=77127.msg928853#msg928853 date=1291839988]
[/quote]

Permit me to recommend that you send a private message to bluedove3 and find out exactly why HF will win a state championship in 2012
[/quote]2013. I gotta delay it for a year. Gotta work out some bugs in the system over there. 8)

[quote name="bullets13" post="928793" timestamp="1291836354"]
[/quote]

HJ is taking a step-back this year.. I dont see their playoff run being long.. there are going to have a struggling night, more than what they are doing now, and get beat by a team they think they should beat.. I dont know how many wins HJ will have, but something short of that 28-30 range seems a lot more reaonable  ???

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="928843" timestamp="1291839288"]
I can't stand confident fans, especially from HJ.  ;D  Winning becomes too much of a habit for some people ;)
[/quote]

Think thats my problem as well Dovey  :D Cant stand all the talk about them, as if they were the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Every school has there crap talkers..........funny thing is that HJ has backed it up!!!  If they fall short this year, that is OK for all the years that everyone said they would lose to Cleveland, Navasota and the year that they won state in 2007 when everyone and I mean everyone thought that they would lose to Silsbee in the Regional Final!!!!

I am a little more conservative than most Hawk fans are......this year will be more difficult than others, but still see a deep run in the playoffs!!!  Don't ever under estimate the Hawks!!!

[quote name="dogs1218" post="929014" timestamp="1291859846"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77127.msg928843#msg928843 date=1291839288]
[/quote]

Think thats my problem as well Dovey  :D Cant stand all the talk about them, as if they were the greatest thing since sliced bread!
[/quote]Sorry, but we did a poll at Hardin Jefferson, and sliced bread came in Second.  HJ IS the greatest thing!  :D

(Man, considering that I grew up being beat like a step child by HJ basketball, I can't believe I'd ever say that!)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ashworth32
    Newest Member
    ashworth32