**SILSBEE vs. GAL. BALL Broadcast**/Ball wins a nailbiter!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="931836" timestamp="1292173874"]
Imagine the talk on this board if Silsbee had actually won the game!!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]I haven't heard too much either. Maybe Silsbee fans have a little more humbleness about them than  another school with it's sorryful, I meant sourful tastes. :-*

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="931855" timestamp="1292176010"]
BlueDove3 just make sure your in attendance for Silsbee vs HJ to open district. This game hopefully showed you how good we are.
[/quote]I repeat! Slsbee is VERY good. But I do think Ball's lack of focus made your team look better. But at the same time, this game should have given your boys the confidence that they played the big dogs in a close game. A good mental achievement to start district off with next year. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="931838" timestamp="1292174042"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=77340.msg931836#msg931836 date=1292173874]
Imagine the talk on this board if Silsbee had actually won the game!!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

Jealous??
[/quote]

Why would I be jealous??????

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="931707" timestamp="1292134236"]
Individual scoring for both teams

Ball

[b]Archie     27[/b]
Evans     22
Artmore    9
Johnson    8
Petteway  8
Brown       8

Silsbee

Stallworth     22
Lane            21
Gaines          21
T. Barrett      8
Harris           4
Elam             3
Wilson           1

Score by quarters

1        2       3        4       Tot

Ball                         21       23     13       25      82
Silsbee                    26       14     22       18      80

Silsbee lead 28 of the 32 minutes played.
[/quote]

Ball's Dedrick Archie scored 13 of his team high 27 points at the free throw line. He was 13-14 from the line. CLUTCH!!

Dove, how do you know that Ball wasn't focused last night? It was a tournament championship game. They looked as focused as any team Silsbee as faced all year.

Your first time to see Ball play this year yet you have the pulse of the team already. ::)

Keep trying to downplay the close win by Ball, just makes you look foolish.

Guest gladiator2
I've seen the #2 and #3 ranked team's in 3A and Silsbee is better than both of them. They don't have a lot of size but their inside guy's ability to jump like they do really make's up for their lack of height. I missed the championship game but was told that Silsbee gave it away. I expect them to dominate from here on out.

[quote name="games24x7" post="931976" timestamp="1292193201"]
I've seen the #2 and #3 ranked team's in 3A and Silsbee is better than both of them. They don't have a lot of size but their inside guy's ability to jump like they do really make's up for their lack of height. I missed the championship game but was told that Silsbee gave it away. I expect them to dominate from here on out.
[/quote]

I have also seen the Cleveland and Dallas Madison play.  As well as Silsbee.  Three VERY impressive teams.  Even though Cleveland beat Madison I still think Madison is the better team.  Cleveland starting 5 is better than Madison's and Silsbee's.  The advantage that Madison and Silsbee have over Cleveland is the depth.  In this moment Silsbee is playing the best, but when it counts in March I will take them in this order...........Madison, Silsbee and then Cleveland!!!

Aggiearewe, BludeDove3 is a HJ jock huger! If Silsbee beat
Ball by 20 he would say Silsbee lucked up or Ball wasn't focused! Silsbee plays a very tough schedule. They don't have a bunch of 2A and 1A wins like your Hawks. HJ will be hard to beat ad they are every year. I can promise you, if Silsbee beats them by 25, you can't say they weren't focus. Just say Silsbee had the better team.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="932007" timestamp="1292198358"]
Aggiearewe, BludeDove3 is a HJ jock huger! If Silsbee beat
Ball by 20 he would say Silsbee lucked up or Ball wasn't focused! Silsbee plays a very tough schedule. They don't have a bunch of 2A and 1A wins like your Hawks. HJ will be hard to beat ad they are every year. I can promise you, if Silsbee beats them by 25, you can't say they weren't focus. Just say Silsbee had the better team.
[/quote]

Just for the record BadSanta????  Who has Silsbee played that deems them to play a VERY TOUGH SCHEDULE?????  They have have played ONE really good team (BALL) and ONE overrated team  (OZEN)..........so this is their VERY TOUGH SCHEDULE????  Please!!!!

I was baiting all you Silsbee pipe smokers (NOTE....NOT ALL SILSBEE FANS ON HERE)........when I started the thread the other day about "Who has played the strongest schedule" and someone finally took the bait!!!!  Silsbee has played far from a VERY TOUGH SCHEDULE!!!!

Oh let me guess........WB, Woodville or was it PNG???  Other "quality" wins that Silsbee has are from 2A Kountze and 2A New Waverly!!!!  

Your entire thought process is........ ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Lazeek are you serious! Tough compared to who HJ. No Silsbee doesn't play 1A Cayuga 3 times a week or LCM to try and pack on wins! Get real! Silsbee schedule is tougher than HJ's. I can't wait till they beat the crap out of them by 30 so you can go back into that cave you call Sour Lake!

Lazeek also you Hawks lost to Central, Cayuga, LCM, and ????! Have they played beatin any teams besides Kountze that have any type of basketball team. Dude please! How many time will HJ play Kirbyville, Buna, Newton, and East Chambers to stuff that record before district. How about they add on Ozen, West Brook, Ball, New Waverly, etc..... Read before you type my friend.

Santa on this one I have to tend to lean on Lazeek's side. We have played some larger schools. The three best being Ball, Ozen, and WB. Those aren't weak teams. We are in 2 tourneys this yeàr that are pretty weak for the Tigers. I think. We only have 2 more good games before district WB and Navasota. Our schedule could be a lot better with a couple better tourneys.