Kelly vs slocum @ toyota center updates..Slocum Wins/Comments

Guest twag11

Really a fun experience for the boys playing in the Toyota Center.  A really good game as well.  The lead changed hands throughtout the game with neither team having more than a 5 point lead.  The nba 3 point line was in effect, no high school line in the Toyota Center, and that really effected the scoring as both teams shoot and usually make a lot of threes.  There were only 4 threes made in the entire game by both teams.  Kelly was lead by Taylor Pace with 17 (3 nba 3's) and Bryce Posey with 11.

He really has done a great job there.  I saw them play twice in the Huntington tournament and of course Saturday, and they are very fundamentally sound.  They run a really good motion offense with lots of screens, back screens and back door cuts.  Hard to defend.  Coach Bruce's last year at Kelly when my oldest son's freshman year.

Agree completely.  Jbruce is a heck of a coach.  He went into Slocum and did what it takes to turn a program around.  And he even did it quicker than I would think. I didnt know he coached under the coach at Kelly.  I dont know him, have seen him coach and his teams and they have always played a good game.
Congrats to Slocum and to Kelly, what a privelage to get to play at the Toyato Center.  Kids will never foget that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92