Parents & Basketball Coaches

BLUEDOVE3

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="933617" timestamp="1292433684"]
I saw something last night that I've heard about but never witnessed at the public school level. A parent asking the coach why his kid didn't play in the game. I guess this is what happens at the 3-A and below level :o :o
[/quote]

Never witnessed?? I thought you and your wife asked those questions after every HF game? ;D

There are BlueDoves and mommagotjuice's everywhere, 5A and 4A too. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="933621" timestamp="1292434078"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77538.msg933617#msg933617 date=1292433684]
I saw something last night that I've heard about but never witnessed at the public school level. A parent asking the coach why his kid didn't play in the game. I guess this is what happens at the 3-A and below level :o :o
[/quote]

Never witnessed?? I thought you and your wife asked those questions after every HF game? ;D

There are BlueDoves and mommagotjuice's everywhere, 5A and 4A too. ;D
[/quote]There you go being messy :D

[quote name="east texas bb" post="933639" timestamp="1292435446"]
Seen it at alot of places but never at college level, they must be some crazy parents.  What I like best is when during the middle of a game a parent suggest a certain play, being as the stands are very close to the timeout.  The coaches response was to either shutup or they would be excorted out of the gym.
[/quote]I really hate i when a coach can't read my mind ;)

[quote name="east texas bb" post="933662" timestamp="1292437448"]
Bluedove, what I was talking about was an actually event I witnessed.  The dad injected his opinion into the teams huddle.  The coach was very mad, but thought it very funny after the game. 
On a side note, I would like to see HF get that playoff spot.  It would be good for yall. 
[/quote]I was talking about how if a coach could read my mind, maybe they would win those underdog games. ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="933801" timestamp="1292448465"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=77538.msg933798#msg933798 date=1292448326]
That takes place at ever level. I read that Jackson's mom was calling the Minn. coaching staff and trying to find out why her son was not playing before Farve got there... :o
[/quote] :D :D Oh no
[/quote]

I rode the bench my entire college career and begged my mom to call and complain but she wouldnt do it.  She said that if I could have generated my own shot, she might have been willing but that I was a lowly spot up shooter. ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="933805" timestamp="1292448711"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77538.msg933801#msg933801 date=1292448465]
That takes place at ever level. I read that Jackson's mom was calling the Minn. coaching staff and trying to find out why her son was not playing before Farve got there... :o
[/quote]

I rode the bench my entire college career and begged my mom to call and complain but she wouldnt do it.  She said that if I could have generated my own shot, she might have been willing but that I was a lowly spot up shooter. ;D
[/quote]See, if I had known you back then, I would have told you what to prepare for ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="933806" timestamp="1292448947"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=77538.msg933805#msg933805 date=1292448711]
[/quote]

[/quote]See, if I had known you back then, I would have told you what to prepare for ::)
[/quote]You, as always, are very considerate and compassionate.

Dear parents, if you yourself could throw a tire into the ocean, why do you think your kid can play basketball and start. Parents sit you butts in the seats and cheer loudly for whom ever is on the floor. If your kid is a bench warmer, please understand this sint the end of the world. Keep you kid motivated to make good grades and get a nice degree.

Why even ask?  Here's your answer.  Because.....um...    your kid.........    ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH!!!!

I'm pretty sure most coaches put the kids in that THE COACH thinks will help win games.  If you don't like your local coaches opinion.  Check your kid out of school, take them to a different school, then...you can ask a different coach why your kid doesn't play.  You should get the same answer.  See above

Here's a good one....Several years back we went over to play Central Pollock. Central for some reason couldn't field a freshman team so we combined our freshman and jv(about forty players)....which was about thirty too many......the game was played in the old gym so the head coach was with the varsity....Nobody got much playing time because of the numbers....about two minutes before the game ended several different parents started circling the jv coaching staff. After a few chewing I noticed the coaches face getting red...you could have lit a cigarette off his forehead...then this mom started poking her finger in his chest.....his assistant had had enough, his eyes turned crazy looking and glazed over and then started shouting "any you sob's want some of this".. lol!...he was begging for someone to poke their finger in his chest....he looked at me and I said hey, I'm on your side.  ;D strange thing was we won the game big....those parents didn't care who won just if their kid played.

Hate to say it, but I've been on both sides. If you're winning by that much, the majority of the kids should have played. Some coaches play less kids, win big, and somehow fill their own ego!! Seen it too many times. Win yes, and let the other kids get some game time, confidence, and help them become motivated for the future. Sure parents don't get it most of the time. Bottom line is the coach will play who he thinks gives the TEAM a chance to win. Lower levels in basketball should have more kids playing in games period. They are about development, not necessarily winning every time out. Never seen a Fresh or JV team in the 2nd round!!!!!!! Parents love to see little Johnny out on the court, but most of the time Johnny forgets to go hard in practice.

[quote name="team first" post="934299" timestamp="1292525762"]
Hate to say it, but I've been on both sides. If you're winning by that much, the majority of the kids should have played. Some coaches play less kids, win big, and somehow fill their own ego!! Seen it too many times. Win yes, and let the other kids get some game time, confidence, and help them become motivated for the future. Sure parents don't get it most of the time. Bottom line is the coach will play who he thinks gives the TEAM a chance to win. Lower levels in basketball should have more kids playing in games period. They are about development, not necessarily winning every time out. Never seen a Fresh or JV team in the 2nd round!!!!!!! Parents love to see little Johnny out on the court, but most of the time Johnny forgets to go hard in practice.
[/quote]All kids played......just not as much as parents wanted. They never should have combined the teams.

[quote name="stevenash" post="933805" timestamp="1292448711"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

that was back when y'all were still shooting at peach baskets, right?  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="933617" timestamp="1292433684"]
[/quote] U need to get out more BLUE :D :D :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92

• I canā€™t help but feel for Anahuac in this game. A lot of buzz and excitement around the team this year, and there is not a more talented team in the district. Ā But it looks like they still have some issues with discipline and consistency. They keep getting in their own way.Ā  Ā  They have an amazing coaching staff and good athletes who are also great young men. I hope they find a way to get over whatever hill is blocking them from being the program theyā€™re capable of being
    • Worst week of the season. Glad it happened earlier than usual.Ā 
    • SeasonĀ Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā ThisĀ Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā  TotalĀ Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā WeekĀ Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Player 119Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  @wo-s#1 118Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 16Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Mr. Buddy Garrity 116Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā KF89 115Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā WOSdrummer99 112Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Coaching4Christ 112Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā AshlyHasBeen 112Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 17Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā navydawg31 111Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 20Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  @fatthead 111Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā AggiesAreWe 111Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā RaiderGirl22 111Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 16Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā workbootz 110Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 20Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  @Matt Dillon 110Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Guitar Man 110Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā J-Mike 110Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 17Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Austin1985 110Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 17Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā The Lake 109Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Cat22 108Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā bp141103 108Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 17Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā TXHORN_ET 107Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 16Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Sledge 106Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 20Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  @BBfan061 106Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā texaslonghorn14 106Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 17Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Longhorn62 104Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 20Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  @NewEra 100Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā bullets13 99Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 17Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā VPfan2017 99Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 16Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā RETIREDFAN1 99Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 15Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Bulldog99 98Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 15Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Lamar1996 98Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 15Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā PINETREE 97Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 15Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā expirate20 94Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 18Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Reagan 93Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā One4All 91Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā RealTalkRob 85Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Broncos2447 85Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā DW28 83Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Rez 83Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 14Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā ThaGhost 78Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 19Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā BigRed5 73Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Stangfan#1 69Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 16Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 59n Sports 52Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā prepballfan 51Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā H-STING 49Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā ace2335 49Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā LCMAlumtiger32 47Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā HarryDoyle 37Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 3rdandGreen 36Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Tiger33 30Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā pdawg119 29Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā uknowit2 20Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 20Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  @spidersal 17Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā 17Ā Ā  Ā Ā Ā  Ā RVLife Ā 
    • Good question. Maybe just one of those years where not alot of football players? Im surprised aswell because usually vidor has a good # of players suited
    • Sounds like someone had to many coors after the game so just ready to vent lolĀ 
  • Topics