Big Sandy vs. Huntington Game Thread/Huntington wins

WOSgrad

Strange game. Neither team looked inspired. Girls had a district game away and no jv game and not a big croud........Huntington made a three with four seconds left in first half that never got put on the board....Big Sandy pressed very little and not at all when game was winding down. Didn't even intentionaly foul at the end of game......

Both teams may be ready for the Christmas break.  They need to get them a couple of days and then get ready for district.
No look, how did Big Sandy look?  I heard they were very young but had some decent players.  What was so uncharateristic about your statement is that Big Sandy, to me anyways, has always been a very scrappy get after you team and it sounds like both teams just went through the motions last night. 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="935754" timestamp="1292702474"]
Both teams may be ready for the Christmas break.  They need to get them a couple of days and then get ready for district.
No look, how did Big Sandy look?  I heard they were very young but had some decent players.  What was so uncharateristic about your statement is that Big Sandy, to me anyways, has always been a very scrappy get after you team and it sounds like both teams just went through the motions last night. 
[/quote]BS started a freshman, three sophs and a jr...they are decent. just seemed that neither team was very fired up. Both teams had an off shooting night.......just thought it odd that BS didn't press or foul as the game was winding down....

Ya, like then didnt even want to try and catch up.  They may be just playing for the future and not putting alot into this year.  But idk.  Huntington got the win so good.  The hudson/hj game must have been a good one.  I did not think it would  be that close escpecialy at HJ.  And from the score box, I know the Davis kid does most of their offense but they had 3 or 4 that almost got double digits in scoring. That worries me a little for Huntington.

They should be fine then.  Surely they can stop one player.  He may get a few but if that is all they have then it will be tough for Hudson to win, escpecially at Huntington.  This is Huntingtons year to get in if they want it, the district is down and they have their chance.  They need to get over the hump and it will help for the years to come.  I dont know if they can beat Center or Jasper, they may be able to.  To me the trick for Huntington getting in is winning on the road at Central, Diboll, Hudson and maybe at Jasper and Center.  But definetly have to beat the others at their place. I think they will beat them at home but it will be a game at Hudson, Central, and Diboll.  Take care of Kirbyville at both places which I think is very likely. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92