**KOUNTZE @ EVADALE Broadcast**/Kountze wins 56-51!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evadale played a great game to hold a high scoring offense to 56 points is playin some great defense..dunnigan had 21 rebounds 6 assist 3 steals and about 7 blocks and atleast 20 points he stepped up his game for injured adam stark. Evadale had great ball movement limited tournovers...#2 from kountze can shoots light outs and kountze made clutch free throws and the end of the game to extend the lead and win.

[quote name="arrowhead3" post="937264" timestamp="1292986747"]
evadale played a great game to hold a high scoring offense to 56 points is playin some great defense..dunnigan had 21 rebounds 6 assist 3 steals and about 7 blocks and atleast 20 points he stepped up his game for injured adam stark. Evadale had great ball movement limited tournovers...#2 from kountze can shoots light outs and kountze made clutch free throws and the end of the game to extend the lead and win.
[/quote]You're spot on arrow....was a good game for Evadale having to move some folks around to compensate for big Starks being injured.  Much better ball control against the press and very improved on the turnovers.  Coach L Williams has  the guys focused and headed in the right direction.  If the Rebels could have shot better from the charity stripe it may have turned out different. #3 was strangely cold from the 3 pt line but that will change, he'll be back.  But that's part of the game and every game has its good and bad points. 
Congrats to the Lions on the win.  And Big congrats to the Rebs.  This game was 101-76 about two weeks ago (that's pretty close to the score)...as I said earlier, had a gut feeling this one was gonna be closer than the 1st one.

I have been wonting to post ever since I got home but had to wait and cool off.. :D The Rebs played a great def game but the lack of a true point guard realy came out at the end of this game.. You just cant turn the ball over at that time of the game. When #3 has to help with the press it realy affects his 3point shot. and with #32 out the other two big players just got tired. They dominated the paint all night. 21 did play the hardest game I have seen him play all year, but he just ran out of gas. Congats to Kountze on the win and Congrats to the Rebs on a hard fought game. Things will get better when they start playing schools their own size.  I to wont to thank AggiesAreWe and Setxsports for comming to this little Gym and airing our games...

Evadale did a good job of passing the ball to beat the press all night.#21 had the best game I've seen him play.Probably the worst game I've seen Kountze play this season however they did turn up the pressure the last 3 possessions to pull out the win.Don't beat the PG up for the late T/O, thats what happens when you work for 4 quarters to beat the press,it wears you down.Hate to see the big kid hurt for Evadale but they do handle the pressure better with just 2 big guys on the floor.Kountze does miss Lin and someone is gonna have to step up and lead this club,it should be McDaniel but that's still to be seen.Overall a good ball game to watch and Coach Williams had as good a gameplan as you can draw up against the Lions.

Kountze looked like they had already started the christmas break.They didn't have any defensive intentsity until late in the fourth.Up until that point they were content to set back a shoot the 3.I don't think Zay was even in double figures,he struggled all night.This was by far Kountzes worst performance the year.

If this were a football game I would say "yep, its a game of inches"!  But in this game is came down to factors, factors, factors.  The fact that Lynn was out for the Lions changed the make up of their game.  The fact that Starks was out for Evadale certainly made the Rebs make some changes as well.  And maybe, just maybe the fact that the Lions were off a little from the 3pt stripe had a little to do that Williams turned up the perimeter defense.  The fact that Evadale's Murphy went O-for from the 3 pt line may be due to the fact that the Lions moved up on him a little, and as some one said, him having to stay back to help bring the ball down may have him a little off balance and out of place to shoot the 3.  Both teams had plenty of factors to deal with to explain the outcome of this game...BUT as I said earlier, just a couple weeks ago this was a 100-70 game and I really believe that Williams has the Rebels headed in the right direction.
I haven't looked  the schedule but I would love to see these two square off one more time.
Good luck to the Lions with the rest of their schedule.  Believe in yourself and your new coach Rebs, I see some great things developing!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="937425" timestamp="1293031121"]
The biggest factor to me was free throws. Evadale was terrible at the line, going 3-20 (2-16 in first half) for 15% (12% 1st half) while Kountze was a solid 12-17, 70%.
[/quote]

3-20?  :o

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="937444" timestamp="1293032767"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77853.msg937425#msg937425 date=1293031121]
The biggest factor to me was free throws. Evadale was terrible at the line, going 3-20 (2-16 in first half) for 15% (12% 1st half) while Kountze was a solid 12-17, 70%.
[/quote]

3-20?  :o
[/quote]Some of those were probally one and one's

Your right and you have to knock down those  down in games that close. Your not going to have a better chance to beat a good team like Kountze than what they had last night. To work that hard and not take adavantge of the free shots is hard to take. But there is some good news today, #32 is only going to be out 2 weeks. And to those that said the Kountze had there worst game, the presure def. that Evadale played and the blocks on the inside had a lot to do with the way they played. The first time they played Koun. made 14 open 3 pointers, last night they had pressure on every shot.

Kountze had a ton of open looks from behind the arc they just didn't hit them.Evadale played quite a bit of zone '"D" and the long jumper is there aginst that defense but you have to hit it to bring folks out of it.I agree with Aggie ,the ft shooting was what kept Evadale from winning this one.For whatever reason the Lions didn't turn up the pressure until the game was on the line but then it was evident they had another gear.I will also agree with ya about Coach Williams having the Rebels going in the right direction but I don't think the Rebs would gain anything by a game 3.

[quote name="whsalum" post="937548" timestamp="1293050789"]
Kountze had a ton of open looks from behind the arc they just didn't hit them.Evadale played quite a bit of zone '"D" and the long jumper is there aginst that defense but you have to hit it to bring folks out of it.I agree with Aggie ,the ft shooting was what kept Evadale from winning this one.For whatever reason the Lions didn't turn up the pressure until the game was on the line but then it was evident they had another gear.I will also agree with ya about Coach Williams having the Rebels going in the right direction but I don't think the Rebs would gain anything by a game 3.
[/quote]
I agree

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats