Any D1 Prospects in SETX Basketball?

BADSANTA

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="938001" timestamp="1293169793"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77927.msg937998#msg937998 date=1293169640]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77927.msg937997#msg937997 date=1293169397]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77927.msg937995#msg937995 date=1293169037]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77927.msg937984#msg937984 date=1293165448]
From what I have been told, DC Stallworth is getting looks from some SLC schools and a couple C-USA schools.

DC can and will play guard at the next level.
[/quote]He will have to play guard ::)
[/quote]

Really ::) You are so smart, hard to believe you are a Kashmere grad.
[/quote]Kashmere? I'm from the neighborhood of the mighty Wheatley Wildcats!
[/quote]

Even more surprised now. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.
[/quote]Benefit of the doubt? Now that you know, maybe its time you start showing more respect my way.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="938002" timestamp="1293170055"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77927.msg938001#msg938001 date=1293169793]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77927.msg937998#msg937998 date=1293169640]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77927.msg937997#msg937997 date=1293169397]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=77927.msg937995#msg937995 date=1293169037]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77927.msg937984#msg937984 date=1293165448]
From what I have been told, DC Stallworth is getting looks from some SLC schools and a couple C-USA schools.

DC can and will play guard at the next level.
[/quote]He will have to play guard ::)
[/quote]

Really ::) You are so smart, hard to believe you are a Kashmere grad.
[/quote]Kashmere? I'm from the neighborhood of the mighty Wheatley Wildcats!
[/quote]

Even more surprised now. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.
[/quote]Benefit of the doubt? Now that you know, maybe its time you start showing more respect my way.
[/quote]I thought so! 8)

And CATMAN, the player you are talking about is Joseph Jones from 1A Normangee who played at Texas A&M.  He was 6'10".  Almost 7 foot.  Another small school kid was Chris Anderson from Iola, he is in the NBA, the crazy looking guy.  He too was about 6'9" or so.  Guards are a little different.  A big school will take a chance on kid near 7 foot.  Simply because there are not too many of those guys around.    

I have not really seen anyone that is ready except for DC.  That being said, he still has a lot of work to do.  Most kids and parents have no idea what to expect at that next level. Kind of like the football kid from Silsbee coming back home.  If is sometime easy to get caught being a big fish in a small pond and when you realize that you go from the king of campus to the end of the bench it can be tough for kids to handle.  I was talking to a baseball kid the other day that signed with Texas last year and he was kidding that he wanted the coach that recruited him back instead of the one that yells at them all of the time.  Just a different world out there now and most kids around here are just not prepared for it.

Yes Stallworth and Dotty, in my opinion are Sr.s that could play at the D1 level. Stallworth is long athletic and has potential to play on the perimeter at the next level. Dotty is long, knows the game, can shoot it and is a gamer. His size is the key. But he has to be seen and the school has to be the right fit for him.He can guard 2s and 3s at the next level when he puts on some weight. Reminds me of the Walkup kid that plays at Deer Park, and he has committed to SFA. Hopefully he caught someones eye at the Nederland Tournament. There were several scouts there watching games. K. Smith and the other guard at Nederland can play at the next level , somewhere. The Lane kid at Silsbee and the big kid at Ozen have a chance somewhere. Both have to keep improving.

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="938036" timestamp="1293206115"]
I have not really seen anyone that is ready except for DC.  That being said, he still has a lot of work to do.  Most kids and parents have no idea what to expect at that next level. Kind of like the football kid from Silsbee coming back home.  If is sometime easy to get caught being a big fish in a small pond and when you realize that you go from the king of campus to the end of the bench it can be tough for kids to handle.  I was talking to a baseball kid the other day that signed with Texas last year and he was kidding that he wanted the coach that recruited him back instead of the one that yells at them all of the time.  Just a different world out there now and most kids around here are just not prepared for it.
[/quote]Preach the wisdom! ;)

[quote name="east texas bb" post="938005" timestamp="1293170495"]
And CATMAN, the player you are talking about is Joseph Jones from 1A Normangee who played at Texas A&M.  He was 6'10".  Almost 7 foot.  Another small school kid was Chris Anderson from Iola, he is in the NBA, the crazy looking guy.  He too was about 6'9" or so.  Guards are a little different.  A big school will take a chance on kid near 7 foot.  Simply because there are not too many of those guys around.    
[/quote] Joseph Jones was overlook by a lot of div.1 school. Because he play for a 1A School.

True CATMAN he may have been overlooked, I dont know the inside info to his recruiting process.  If he played AAU which I am sure is where he was seen it is regardless of clasification.  All in All, Texas A&M is a great school to play at, un the past 4-5 years they have been in the Top 25.  I am pretty sure Gillispie recruited him.  Gillispied got that program out of the hole bigtime and Turgeon has done a good job to keep it going.  As everyone knows, before Gillispie, A&M was horrible.  MidMajors walked over them. Now there basketball is more prominent than their football.  Who would have ever thought that?

[quote name="team first" post="938046" timestamp="1293207528"]
Yes Stallworth and Dotty, in my opinion are Sr.s that could play at the D1 level. Stallworth is long athletic and has potential to play on the perimeter at the next level. Dotty is long, knows the game, can shoot it and is a gamer. His size is the key. But he has to be seen and the school has to be the right fit for him.He can guard 2s and 3s at the next level when he puts on some weight. Reminds me of the Walkup kid that plays at Deer Park, and he has committed to SFA. Hopefully he caught someones eye at the Nederland Tournament. There were several scouts there watching games. K. Smith and the other guard at Nederland can play at the next level , somewhere. The Lane kid at Silsbee and the big kid at Ozen have a chance somewhere. Both have to keep improving.
[/quote]
With all due respect, Dotty will not play D1 college basketball. I think he is a great player but not even near as close.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="938165" timestamp="1293251065"]
True CATMAN he may have been overlooked, I dont know the inside info to his recruiting process.  If he played AAU which I am sure is where he was seen it is regardless of clasification.  All in All, Texas A&M is a great school to play at, un the past 4-5 years they have been in the Top 25.  I am pretty sure Gillispie recruited him.  Gillispied got that program out of the hole bigtime and Turgeon has done a good job to keep it going.  As everyone knows, before Gillispie, A&M was horrible.  MidMajors walked over them. Now there basketball is more prominent than their football.  Who would have ever thought that?
[/quote] Gillispie did not recruited him. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Absolutely no chance.  Not even JUCO as it sits here today. Not being disrespectful to the kid but no way he makes the transition to the 2 or the 3 which is what he would need to do.  Most PG's in div 1 are 6'4 and could you imagine him going up against even top pg's in this area?  Never gonna happen, do think he has a chance at fb.  Just part of the issue is tha most kids and parents don't realize how much talent it takes to be a div 1 player.  I watched KY play this week and they have 2 Mr Basketball players sitting at the end of their bench.  That is the top player in the state, not just a good player in a 4a district.

Have to disagree wildcatter. Agree with alot of what you have to say. Parents dont realize how tough it is etc. And the guards in the southland are not 6'4or5. Lamar etc. not very big... But Dotty, with work can play the 2. If you are talking about D1 Kentucky type schools. No. If you are talking Lamar type Southland schools..Yes. Have you seen the kid from Deer Park? Just like Dotty. Not super athletic, smart, can shoot it, knows the game, and long,... tough. He has been seen and has played an awful lot. Dotty has done neither. Potential ,,Yes. Will he get a shot. He will have to get a late offer by playing this summer in Houston. Seen lesser players in the Southland. Will he play next year? No. But in time, he could become a good player at the college level. POTENTIAL and 6'4. Not potential and 5'9 and a half.

Thanks guys, as I said before,  I think it is important to clarify at what level a kid has the potential. THEY all would love a shot at playing at Kentucky,Texas, Baylor,etc. And nothing is wrong with that. BUT they also have to have realistic skill level awareness. You have "Big Dogs" in small pens.

Do you think that Doty could play at Lamar right now?  I know it is "just the Southland" conference but still don't think he is anywhere close.  I agree that he is a good player, but not D1.  It's hard to make up in one summer on the aau circuit.  First thing is he has to already be able to work at the 3 or whatever position.  If you are talking about trying to get an offer just don't see that happen.  Maybe he could walk on but most kids are not gonna do all it takes without getting something back.  As I said think he is a good player just not good enough for the next level.  Will keep an eye on this onew.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo