24-2A who makes playoffs??

aTmfan06

I disagree. No way EC beats Kountze this year, and definitely not at home. Yes, they played them close in the H-J tournament, but Kountze faltered after Linn went down in that tournament. They're still adjusting to playing without him, but have played better. We're going for our 16th consecutive district championship. Not to mention we haven't lost a district game at home since January 2000.

[quote name="utfan06" post="938223" timestamp="1293302475"]
EC will play kountze close but Kountze wont lose a district game.
[/quote]I didn't mean anyone would beat Kountze at Kountze but I think the Bucs win at EC.They gave them all they could handle on a neutral floor and I think they lost their best player when Lin went down.

[quote name="whsalum" post="938232" timestamp="1293319930"]
[quote author=utfan06 link=topic=77944.msg938223#msg938223 date=1293302475]
EC will play kountze close but Kountze wont lose a district game.
[/quote]I didn't mean anyone would beat Kountze at Kountze but I think the Bucs win at EC.They gave them all they could handle on a neutral floor and I think they lost their best player when Lin went down.
[/quote]
Whenkountze played EC limn went down the night before... or two nights...

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="938270" timestamp="1293329753"]
Kountze beats EC by 10+ both times. Linn went down the night before EC/KTZ played in the H-J tournament. Kountze had to find a way to make-up for the loss of Linn "on-the-go" so there was no practice time to make an adjustment.
[/quote]They beat EC 82-79 on a neutral floor and still haven't recovered from losing Linn.You know EC is a tough out at home.

[quote name="whsalum" post="938273" timestamp="1293330942"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=77944.msg938270#msg938270 date=1293329753]
Kountze beats EC by 10+ both times. Linn went down the night before EC/KTZ played in the H-J tournament. Kountze had to find a way to make-up for the loss of Linn "on-the-go" so there was no practice time to make an adjustment.
[/quote]They beat EC 82-79 on a neutral floor and still haven't recovered from losing Linn.You know EC is a tough out at home.
[/quote]

Yes, they haven't recovered, but they've adjusted, that's the point I'm trying to make. It's hard to make adjustments overnight and you have to believe that had an effect on Kountze.

KHSAlum400 usually you and I are pretty close on Kountze but right now they look like an army without a general.They still beat most teams with their pressure defense but don't have anyone who can step out and consistantly hit the 3 now.The coaches keep looking for the senior to step up and takeover the leadership role but that hasn't happened either.Disciplined teams like EC and even Evadale will play them tough and even beat them if they don't turn the ball over.Kountze is also the smallest this year that I can ever remember them geing.

[quote name="whsalum" post="938417" timestamp="1293402223"]
KHSAlum400 usually you and I are pretty close on Kountze but right now they look like an army without a general.They still beat most teams with their pressure defense but don't have anyone who can step out and consistantly hit the 3 now.The coaches keep looking for the senior to step up and takeover the leadership role but that hasn't happened either.Disciplined teams like EC and even Evadale will play them tough and even beat them if they don't turn the ball over.Kountze is also the smallest this year that I can ever remember them geing.
[/quote]

Good point. It doesn't look like Zay will step up this year and be the leader. If anything, I believe the SOPH PG J.Powell shows more leadership on the court. The team I was on was smaller than that when we were 3A and still went to State.  ;) It's all about team speed and pressure defense. We used our defense to fuel our offense.

Something that's ironic about me speaking on making adjustments about Linn being out, is that they'll have to make additional adjustments when he returns just before the last week of district play.

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="938449" timestamp="1293409636"]
[quote author=whsalum link=topic=77944.msg938417#msg938417 date=1293402223]
[/quote]

Good point. It doesn't look like Zay will step up this year and be the leader. If anything, I believe the SOPH PG J.Powell shows more leadership on the court. The team I was on was smaller than that when we were 3A and still went to State.  ;) It's all about team speed and pressure defense. We used our defense to fuel our offense.

Something that's ironic about me speaking on making adjustments about Linn being out, is that they'll have to make additional adjustments when he returns just before the last week of district play.

[/quote]I was at the game when Linn got hurt and it looked like he was done for the year.Is he gonna be able to return this season?I hope he does I hate to see someone miss a season who has worked that hard.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo