Did Anybody Notice Kountze won by 100 points today?

BADSANTA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if anyone on the board was at the game but I can assure you that Joubert would not "run up the score" on anyone. From what I hear, Hemphill was bad. The only thing a coach can do when the game gets out of hand is take his players out of the press. There is no reason to tell your reserve players to "take it easy".

i seriously have a question for all u.. kountze beat a team by 100 and it seems to be ok..but yet every thread i read and it talks about how bad silsbee beat a team everyone bashes them but yet know one seems to care about the fact that KOUNTZE BEAT A TEAM BY 100!!!!!!!! doesnt make since..

Wosgrad 100 point win? Dude there is no way in hell that a team wins by 100 and you call it not running up the score. A win by 50, 60 , maybe 70 points happens all the time, but a freaking 100? That's running up the score any way you look at it. 123-23? Do you call this a a nail bitter? Thriller? Last second clutch victory? Kountze could have suited up their girls team and team managers in the seconf half and still won by 40.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="938956" timestamp="1293554224"]
100 point win means that you TRIED to keep playing aggressive. I know they could have stalled the ball or [b]just shot 3 pointers[/b]. Joubert knows this looks bad.
[/quote]

Hypothetically speaking from you assertion, what if the 3-pointers that you're suggesting they shoot were all going in?  ::)

Here's a quote from a poster on another sports site (Smoaky.com) for the critics of yesterday's outcome:

[quote]"Hemphill was not great. Kountze was in 2-3 zone entire 2nd half and did not press. They ran defense very well and just outplayed them
Nothing classless in this game "[/quote]

KFDM Cooper so you agree when Yates beat Houston Sterling last year 193-43? Kountze 123-23? You get excitement out of that. Embarrasing the other team like that is just bad sportsmanship. If Silsbee did it I would be just as critical. This makes no sense. 100 point win in just plan wrong guys and you know it.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="938978" timestamp="1293556194"]
Wosgrad 100 point win? Dude there is no way in heck that a team wins by 100 and you call it not running up the score. A win by 50, 60 , maybe 70 points happens all the time, but a freaking 100? That's running up the score any way you look at it. 123-23? Do you call this a a nail bitter? Thriller? Last second clutch victory? Kountze could have suited up their girls team and team managers in the seconf half and still won by 40.
[/quote]

Yes, there is a way.  There is a difference between a lopsided victory and running up the score.  Kountze sat in a zone and did not press all game.

What would like for them to have done?  Intentionally throw up airballs every trip down the court?  Play ole! defense and just let them go right past you?  Maybe just put the ball in the freezer the entire second half?

It is obvious that you need a detective because you haven't a clue of what you are talking about.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="939002" timestamp="1293557339"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78007.msg938978#msg938978 date=1293556194]
Wosgrad 100 point win? Dude there is no way in heck that a team wins by 100 and you call it not running up the score. A win by 50, 60 , maybe 70 points happens all the time, but a freaking 100? That's running up the score any way you look at it. 123-23? Do you call this a a nail bitter? Thriller? Last second clutch victory? Kountze could have suited up their girls team and team managers in the seconf half and still won by 40.
[/quote]

Yes, there is a way.  There is a difference between a lopsided victory and running up the score.  Kountze sat in a zone and did not press all game.

What would like for them to have done?  Intentionally throw up airballs every trip down the court?  Play ole! defense and just let them go right past you?  Maybe just put the ball in the freezer the entire second half?

It is obvious that you need a detective because you haven't a clue of what you are talking about.

[/quote]

This guy needs help. BADSANTA, Kountze was in a 2-3 zone the ENTIRE 2nd half and did not press! What more would you like them to do? Put yourself in the shoes of a "reserve" player finally getting some game action only to have the coach tell you "hey, take it easy on 'em!" What coach do you know who will do something like that?!

It is not unsportsmanlike. People don't like it. If he had continued to let them play Kountze basketball, it could have been a much worse beating. The other team gets the ball back by rebounds, steals, turnovers, after a made shot. Would you rather a 200 pt beating, a 75 point loss because the other team puposely traveled or threw the ball out of bound, or you continue to play as well as your team can, and they ease up on defense.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="939014" timestamp="1293558172"]
Ok, well let's see.So if Silsbee played Hemphill and won 165-20, would that be ok? May 101 point win is running up the score. 100 is the breakeven number I guess.
[/quote]

See, you are just not getting it. But from your posts in another thread, that should not surprise me.  It is not the final outcome that determines whether you are running up the score, it is what you are doing during the game that determines that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham