How does HJ compare to Silsbee this year?

BADSANTA

[quote name="stevenash" post="940303" timestamp="1293821114"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78065.msg940295#msg940295 date=1293820442]
From all the HJ games I have seen this year, the Hawks get a ton of points off defensive pressure as well. Personally, I like Silsbee's halfcourt game over HJ's.
[/quote]

Is there any part of Silsbees game that you dont like over HJs?
[/quote]

Yep, but that's a secret. ;D

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940329" timestamp="1293825459"]
Did someone just say HJ has a better coaching staff than Silsbee?
[/quote]

JUST TO BE CLEAR BADSANTA........................HJ COACHING STAFF IS WAY BETTER THAN SILSBEE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just wanted to be clear on that!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="east texas bb" post="940394" timestamp="1293834431"]
What thoughts do you have that make the HJ staff better or more competent than the Sislbee staff?  Just curious.  Explain in detail where they are better at.   2 or 3 examples.
[/quote]

That stuff is all very subjective and impossible to prove/document.  Very difficult to quantify.  If you take Roy Williams, Coach K, Rick Pitino, and Jim Boeheim, I would guess you could make a good case that any one of them is the better coach but it would still be just a single opinion.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940411" timestamp="1293839064"]
Little Enos it sounds like your a HJ jock holder. They play twice this year. I hope you attend both games.Silsbee has a great staff. Even when they had Sigler, Brooks, and Burris.
[/quote]

I won't be hard to find..........and yes I will be there!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940411" timestamp="1293839064"]
Little Enos it sounds like your a HJ jock holder. They play twice this year. I hope you attend both games.Silsbee has a great staff. Even when they had Sigler, Brooks, and Burris.
[/quote]

Hmmm, Let me see.  If Enos is HJ jockholder, wouldnt that make you a full fledged Tiger jock holder?

I think that both programs have good-great coaches, dont know any of them very personally.  I would love to see them in action teaching a youth kid the game.  That is always fun to me.  It seems more at the HS level it is alot about adjustments and you can still teach dont get me wrong, but the youth age child, no adjustments need to really be made in their games.  They need to be taught HOW TO PLAY. 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="940394" timestamp="1293834431"]
What thoughts do you have that make the HJ staff better or more competent than the Sislbee staff?  Just curious.  Explain in detail where they are better at.  2 or 3 examples.
[/quote]1. Getting the most out of less
                2. More Championships
                3. Do u need me to continue?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="940427" timestamp="1293841815"]
[quote author=Little Enos Burdette link=topic=78065.msg940347#msg940347 date=1293827699]
They already knew it.................
[/quote]

Wow! You know I come to expect some of these idiots to be disrespectful, but not you Rob. Why you dissing the Silsbee coaching staff like that?
[/quote]

Silsbee has arguably a better TEAM this year than HJ.  is that disrespectful to HJ?  Silsbee has a great staff, but HJ has the best and most experienced staff in the area. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="940427" timestamp="1293841815"]
[quote author=Little Enos Burdette link=topic=78065.msg940347#msg940347 date=1293827699]
They already knew it.................
[/quote]

Wow! You know I come to expect some of these idiots to be disrespectful, but not you Rob. Why you dissing the Silsbee coaching staff like that?
[/quote]

Not dissing them........they are great coaches at Silsbee, just not as good!!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="940445" timestamp="1293844848"]
Stating that the HJ coaching staff is better than Silsbee's is one thing (argumentative, but okay by me) but to say that the Silsbee coaching staff knows that they are not better than HJ's is being disrespectful.
[/quote]

ehh, i don't entirely agree with that.  for one thing, i don't see how it's argumentative when you look at the championships, which speak for themselves, as well as the fact that they have an assistant coach at HJ who had considerable success previously as a head coach.  you might also look at the fact that silsbee has had better athletes and players the past several years, but HJ has still found ways to beat them at least once a year every year.  as for silsbee knowing that HJ has a better staff than them... i was a danged good soccer player in HS and college, but i had no illusions when it came to players that were better than me.  it doesn't mean i wasn't good.  but did i know some players were better than me?  of course.

But you miss the point. It's okay for you to speak for yourself in that regard but I think it's disrespectful to speak for them in that matter.

I only said it was argumentative because everyone has their own opinion. I agree, I think that HJ has the more accomplished staff which makes them better. But that's my opinion, not Travis, James or Ira's.

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="940429" timestamp="1293841977"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78065.msg940394#msg940394 date=1293834431]
What thoughts do you have that make the HJ staff better or more competent than the Sislbee staff?  Just curious.  Explain in detail where they are better at.   2 or 3 examples.
[/quote]1. Getting the most out of less
                2. More Championships
                3. Do u need me to continue?
[/quote]

So you think that HJ has a clear advantage at the coaching standpoint of the game?  That because Silsbee's coaches arent as good is why they will play Hj a good game?

East texas BB I will lay it out like this...........

For the last 4-5 years it has always been a heated battle between the Hawks and Tigers.  Each year and everyone on this board will agree that Silsbee has better athletes and more to choose from, but each year HJ seems to find a way to win with less athletic players.  This year may or mat not be the same, but HJ has a huge coaching advantage.  Not many but the Tiger faithful will argue that!!!  Just stating the facts my brother!!!

I am just stating what I have heard.  I know neither team.  First I thought Silsbee went to State last year.  And to say that Hj dosent have the athletes, I thought the most recent in 2007 they had the best player in SETexas in Ryan Donahoe.  Didnt he have 50 something at Regionals and 30 something at State?  And this year someone stated that Hj had the best PG in Gustafeson and Bosha was putting in close to 20 a game.  The Sutherland kid can play too and they have Prodhome.  I think both have good coaching staffs, could it be that the HJ school/town has the confidence factor over Silsbee?  I am just asking, I know some of the coaches on HJ's team but not well.