Too ALL HJ fans

Do you think it would be wise to discontinue your football program and just play year round basketball. It seems you never win anything in football. I say just scrap the entire program and make a 9 month long basketball season. This way you will have enough time to prepare for this Tiger butt wooping you will get on Janaury 14th. Let's play ball!!!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940666" timestamp="1293919629"]
Do you think it would be wise to discontinue your football program and just play year round basketball. It seems you never win anything in football. I say just scrap the entire program and make a 9 month long basketball season. This way you will have enough time to prepare for this Tiger butt wooping you will get on Janaury 14th. Let's play ball!!!!
[/quote]

Be careful for what you wish.  I am the first to admit that Silsbee has a lot of things in its favor regarding basketball.  However, if HJ goes to basketball only program, you will be in no position whatsoever to spout the BS you currently spout.

[/quote]Football is just something you do till basketball season gets here. But it is nice to eat those rib eye sandwiches and smell the popcorn poppin in the night air.

Guest bleed orange
[/quote]

What exactly does Silsbee win in football? Yes they go to the playoff's but they take 3 teams and do not go very far in the playoff's. So maybe the same could be said for Silsbee. Just questioning your logic.  Maybe Silsbee should discontinue their football program because it is clear that their basketball program is more successful.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940880" timestamp="1293942393"]
When is the last time HJ went to the playoffs in football? 1976? They take 3 teams but HJ is never in the top 4. Your point would be?
[/quote]

Show's how little you know. HJ has been in the football playoffs since 1976. Did they even go in 1976? You just threw a number out there. My point is maybe Silsbee should drop their golf team because HJ pretty much puts a spanking in that sport every year or maybe Silsbee should drop their girls basketball program because HJ has done some spanking in that sport also. If you are going to say HJ should drop a sport maybe you should take off those rose colored glasses. Neither school should drop any program because talent comes in cycles and kids need to be involved in as many sports as possible. That is my point!!!!!!!!!!

You old people take these blogs too personal! That's most schools largest revenue maker. Should HJ drop their team? Maybe!  They aren't that good and I see it as a waste of time for the entire community. Why not play out of state private schools in basketball until the season starts. Your football team is about as bad as it gets. You have a better shot at getting a sky scraper in downtown Sour Lake than winning in football. If you had Mack Brown, Lombardi, and Jimmy Johnson running the program it wouldn't matter.

Football is not the biggest revenue maker, that is a myth.  Do you know what it cost to suit a kid out in football?  The cost is crazy. Then you have 15 coaches where have of them do not do anything drawing salaries from 30-40 thousand a year.  That is a simple myth people have come to believe.  Do I think HJ should drop there football program?  If it is hurting the basketball program in anyway and is an embarssment to the town or school then yes.  Otherwise, let them do it, most kids can only play football.  It takes a very special athlete to play basketball, in football they can find a place for you just about anywhere, that is why it is so popular.  It is not as hard a game to play.  Beside one or two positions, if you are fast and strong, you are good.  If you are big, you can play on the line, if you cant do anything else you can be on special teams.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940894" timestamp="1293944573"]
You old people take these blogs too personal! That's most schools largest revenue maker. Should HJ drop their team? Maybe!  They aren't that good and I see it as a waste of time for the entire community. Why not play out of state private schools in basketball until the season starts. Your football team is about as bad as it gets. You have a better shot at getting a sky scraper in downtown Sour Lake than winning in football. If you had Mack Brown, Lombardi, and Jimmy Johnson running the program it wouldn't matter.
[/quote]

Blah, blah, blah and blah. Us old guys just like jerking you young guys chains. LOL!!! Got ya!!!!!!!!!!!It is all good. IMO, no HJ should not drop their football program. HJ basketball is so good because of the little dribbler program over there. It is top notch. Does HJ care more about basketball than football? I would say yes they do. But football is important also for the kids that play.  See I think kids should play as many sports as they can. Should Orangefield drop their football program because they have not been to the playoff's in a while? Sports is not about playoff's. There is a bigger picture and it is call life in the real world. By far football and track teaches more life lesson's than any other sport because of the work ethic it demands.

Guest Abraham
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940894" timestamp="1293944573"]
[/quote]

I have to agree with you on his subject HJ is pretty terrible at football.. I can't remember the last time they have made the playoffs... They can use the excuse ahh it's just a few down years and I say bush on that because when was their last winning season???? Idk but I totally agree with you badsanta!!! Just drop the football program and that way you have more $$$ to put towards basketball... New jearseys , New shoes, heck A NEW GYM!!!!!! Maybe one like Evadale's or Buna's or silsbee's thos are all 3 pretty nice gyms!! I really dont like HJ's gym idk why just dont

[/quote]BadSanta,  after looking at this thread, I've come to fully appreciate why your initials just happen to be  "B.S.".  ;)

Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow!!!

Yea HJ gym is small. Even the old Silsbee High gym looks better than the current HJ gym. See if you cut out football, you can buy a new gym. That baby barn  you call a gym is wack. Since the whole town comes out on game nights, I might have to buy a ticket to the Silsbee game on Stub Hub and camp outside the baby barn a day early. 

[quote name="no-look" post="940805" timestamp="1293932111"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78152.msg940666#msg940666 date=1293919629]
[/quote]Football is just something you do till basketball season gets here. But it is nice to eat those rib eye sandwiches and smell the popcorn poppin in the night air.
[/quote]Excellent observation my dear fellow. ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940923" timestamp="1293980213"]
Yea HJ gym is small. Even the old Silsbee High gym looks better than the current HJ gym. See if you cut out football, you can buy a new gym. That baby barn  you call a gym is wack. Since the whole town comes out on game nights, I might have to buy a ticket to the Silsbee game on Stub Hub and camp outside the baby barn a day early.  
[/quote]

Eye dont theenk thay wil let ewe in the jim.  Not tryeeng to sho arrogants, jus sayin.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="940946" timestamp="1293985107"]
HJ's gym holds about 300 people right? Easy sellout before the freshman game is over.
[/quote]

Gym is plenty big, thing is that the trophy case up front will all of the STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS takes up so much room!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)

Hj dosent want to get a new gym.  It may be better for the fans, but I can gaurantee it will not be better for the players.  I have seen this first hand. School builds a state of the art complex that holds 2,000 and 300-400 show up and it looks like no one it there.  No home court advantage. Im letting you in on a secret on this one.