Roccaforte hopes for Miami Heat-like turnaround

Don't good coaches make adjustments at halftime?  These are average teams that are beating Lamar.  Although I want this team to win, I'm afraid they'll win just enough games that they'll stick with Roc a few more years.  Roc has one of largest budgets and salary in the SLC so there's no excuse for him not be winning 20+ years every year.

It's put-up-or-shut-up time for Roc.  Two years ago, the team was plagued with a *lot* of injuries; last year's team just didn't have a ton of talent.  These issues aren't there this year.

The players Roc has brought in this year have talent, but are routinely losing games when leading early as teams adjust to our strategy.  This is a coaching issue, pure and simple, as many of you have pointed out.  The team is still coming together, to be fair--a lot of these guys are new to the team and the system--but conference success is a must.  Let's face it, if we put it together in conference, we'll forget about Rice... and ULL... and Tulane... and Canisius... pretty quickly.  (Ok, maybe it'll take longer than I thought).

But the fact is, a failure of this team to win in a Southland that is not very strong this year should be Roc's ticket out of town.  The talent is there.  Failure this year is a clear failure of coaching.  I still hope that maybe Roc was using the pre-conference schedule to constantly fiddle with the lineup to give everyone a chance to prove their ability in preparation for conference play, but my hope is waning.  

We heard for months how great this recruiting class was and its not like its freshman who need to develop. I know they are playing together for the first time but junior college players should be getting more results. Also, inexperience playing together has nothing to do with Lamar winning every first half and getting manhandled in every 2nd half. I have defended Roc for years for recruiting and winning a regular season title but when you get whipped every 2nd half after adjustments and look like you are playing street ball a move needs to be made.

EPG

Guest tappedout
On 12 news tonight Roc was asked to rate how his team has done so far and he gave the team a C+. I'd hate to see how bad they would have to do to get an F. I don't believe that he get's it, they have been beat by a couple of team's that they have no business losing to. I don't see it getting any better in the conference unless the rest are really bad. They will get dominated in the paint.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham