What is wrong with BMT High School basketball

[quote name="dogs1218" post="941196" timestamp="1294021835"]
the talent pool just isnt there anymore like it used to be.. Those schools used to have tons of basketball players to choose from
[/quote]
People are moving out of the Beaumont area. Wait till you see the new population figures for the Golden Triangle area. All cities in this area are losing people to the ;arger suburbs. Less kids equals less chance of a large talent pool. Just my observation. To the East Texas BB guy, you can't really name an East Texas city that is some beautification model of cities, so I think I would've kept that comment to yourself. ;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the Tyler area, lived there for 5 years.  Lufkin and Nac are not far behind.  Very nice places. Tyler is very much ahead of Lufkin but Lufkin in its own regard is ahead of Beaumont.  So there is your name.  You dont want to argue this.  Did you know that Beaumont and the Golden Triangle have the highest cancer rate in the state of Texas and top 3 in the nation?
Just stating facts. That being said, it still does not matter as far as the money goes on hiring a coach.  The state gives them the money to hire coaches like all schools.  So it really is how much does the school want to use to hire a basketball coach.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="943732" timestamp="1294381572"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78175.msg943725#msg943725 date=1294376559]
Strange, all you guys can talk about is the man's salary. Hmmm?
[/quote]What size is the Beaumont Independent School District in state rankings and what is the pay scale of Beaumont's Superintendent compared to others in the state?

If its what I think it is, then it would be like people always complaining that Hardin Jefferson seems to always go deep into the play-offs even when they are in a rebounding year.

..... Ah, NOW I understand the jealousy!  ;)
[/quote]Wow, there is intelligent life in Sour LAKE :D

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="943733" timestamp="1294381915"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78175.msg941196#msg941196 date=1294021835]
the talent pool just isnt there anymore like it used to be.. Those schools used to have tons of basketball players to choose from
[/quote]
People are moving out of the Beaumont area. Wait till you see the new population figures for the Golden Triangle area. All cities in this area are losing people to the ;arger suburbs. Less kids equals less chance of a large talent pool. Just my observation. To the East Texas BB guy, you can't really name an East Texas city that is some beautification model of cities, so I think I would've kept that comment to yourself. ;)
[/quote]Still, out of 2,000 plus students at one school, there should be something going on at WB, talent wise.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="943739" timestamp="1294389574"]
Try the Tyler area, lived there for 5 years.  Lufkin and Nac are not far behind.  Very nice places. Tyler is very much ahead of Lufkin but Lufkin in its own regard is ahead of Beaumont.  So there is your name.  You dont want to argue this.  Did you know that Beaumont and the Golden Triangle have the highest cancer rate in the state of Texas and top 3 in the nation?
Just stating facts. That being said, it still does not matter as far as the money goes on hiring a coach.  The state gives them the money to hire coaches like all schools.  So it really is how much does the school want to use to hire a basketball coach.

[/quote] Tyler has been one of the best city far a long time so clean.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="943985" timestamp="1294431249"]
Tyler is a very nice area.  I would like to add, all of Texas has it much better than the majority of the rest of the country.  We are one of the wealthest states.  Our entire state should be proud.
[/quote]U must be a politician in East Texas

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="943786" timestamp="1294410066"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78175.msg943732#msg943732 date=1294381572]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78175.msg943725#msg943725 date=1294376559]
Strange, all you guys can talk about is the man's salary. Hmmm?
[/quote]What size is the Beaumont Independent School District in state rankings and what is the pay scale of Beaumont's Superintendent compared to others in the state?

If its what I think it is, then it would be like people always complaining that Hardin Jefferson seems to always go deep into the play-offs even when they are in a rebounding year.

..... Ah, NOW I understand the jealousy!  ;)
[/quote]Wow, there is intelligent life in Sour LAKE :D
[/quote]Uh........ actually, um, I'm uh, a transplant....... from Buna!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="943989" timestamp="1294431765"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78175.msg943985#msg943985 date=1294431249]
Tyler is a very nice area.  I would like to add, all of Texas has it much better than the majority of the rest of the country.  We are one of the wealthest states.  Our entire state should be proud.
[/quote]U must be a politician in East Texas
[/quote] Blue have u every been to TYLER. ??? ??? ??? ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4