Prudhomme adjusting to new role at Hardin-Jefferson

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="942132" timestamp="1294182507"]
Back to Prudhomme......great kid, great player. Congrats to him he deserves the pub...
[/quote]Yes he is.

He was fun to watch last year.  He was like a double-edged sword.

1 second he's making a steal and hitting a 20 foot jump shot, the next second he's throwing the ball to nobody except for the blond girl in the 4th row eating popcorn!

Here is how the question should have been asked! "Where is his family from? His last name is not a typical SETX last name. Is it French? When you place color into a question, these are the responses you open the door to. Stay away from terms such as "black" or "white". Say African American or Caucasian. I'm not Human Resources but I work close with them in my prior career.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="942267" timestamp="1294191673"]
Here is how the question should have been asked! "Where is his family from? His last name is not a typical SETX last name. Is it French? When you place color into a question, these are the responses you open the door to. Stay away from terms such as "black" or "white". Say African American or Caucasian. I'm not Human Resources but I work close with them in my prior career.
[/quote]Why did the color even matter.  Ask, "[i]HJ has some strange names, Bosha and Prudhomme[/i]".  I never understood why their ethnicity had anything to do with the question.  I'm not a PC freak, but that set off warning alarms in my head.

If you would have read the posts, it was asked about them because they are talked about the most.  BadSanta, I think you need to stick to phrasing your own posts instead of trying to explain how a post should be posted by another, you have your own problems in that area.  No alarms went off unless you are are PC fanatic.  There was not a thing racist about it.  It was a simple question on why two of the black players from HJ have unusual names.  Nothing in the cracks to look for guys.  Bluedove answered the question and it should have ended at that.  For all you know I could be a black person asking the question.  Yall didnt know that, you assumed that I was white.  The bottom line was they are unusual names in the East Texas area, I asked could it be that they have Lousiana decent.  The majority of the time, the person who wants to find something racial in words is the one who is racial themselves.  No where in my mind was it intended to go this far.  Guys, hopefully we are a smarter bunch than this. Think about it.

So east texas bb what are typical east tx "black folk" last names? Jenkins? Jackson? Williams? Again there is no such thing as a east texas black name. Maybe you should think before you ask the question bro! Learn how to ask it and you won't get people jumping on you! Duuuurrrrrrr

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="942448" timestamp="1294199431"]
So east texas bb what are typical east tx "black folk" last names? Jenkins? Jackson? Williams? Again there is no such thing as a east texas black name. Maybe you should think before you ask the question bro! Learn how to ask it and you won't get people jumping on you! Duuuurrrrrrr
[/quote]Wow, I never thought I'd see this.  BS coaching people on how NOT to tick others off!!!  :D :D :D :D

Yeah, yall are funny.  The joke is on you.  Cant understand fact from fiction. I didnt say any name was typical, I said those were unusual. Completely different. Are yall that insecure that you would bring racism into a thread about someones last name.  IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE. Use your head, God gave it to us for a reason. Im though with this topic yall can make whatever joke you want. 
Congrats to the Prudhome kid and the freshman Bosha, they both seem to be good players.  Sorry I was curious about you last name. I for sure wont ask your first name.
If yall read this, take away the good parts about you getting in the paper and the article on you, something you can look back on years from now. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo