Silsbee Middle School player does not have to cut his hair

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tokenwb" post="943191" timestamp="1294319802"]
This kid has a [b]lot[/b] of talent.  He will be a very good high school player if he follows the rules.  Would hate to see him waste his skills because he won't cut his hair.
[/quote]Maybe the rules dont apply to him?.....  I know it was a different time but when I was in school, if you didn't respect the powers that be, you hit the road. Then you got hit when you got home.........people like the Silsbee coach are a dying breed.

Guest speechless
it always comes down to money especially in this day and age

parent threatens to sue the school and there are attorneys all over the place that will jump all over this opportunity

especially in the law suit capital of America

law suit gonna cost the school 30K minimum so the school has to decide whether it is worth the money or not

in this day and age and financial time most schools will not take that chance

however, all it would take was one school fighting back and proving that this type of frivolous stuff will not hold up in court and all they crying about heritage, history, and culture would stop and those that should be running the schools would be able to do their jobs again

[quote name="no-look" post="943199" timestamp="1294320864"]
[quote author=tokenwb link=topic=78336.msg943191#msg943191 date=1294319802]
This kid has a [b]lot[/b] of talent.  He will be a very good high school player if he follows the rules.  Would hate to see him waste his skills because he won't cut his hair.
[/quote]Maybe the rules dont apply to him?.....  I know it was a different time but when I was in school, if you didn't respect the powers that be, you hit the road. Then you got hit when you got home.........people like the Silsbee coach are a dying breed.
[/quote] That's a common thing these days, make the rules and then make exceptions for "the good players" ::), this makes it OK for everyone to break a rule they don't agree with, right? ;) :D :D :D

[quote name="utfan06" post="943253" timestamp="1294326266"]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=78336.msg943232#msg943232 date=1294324519]
Head's up, Kountze.  Here's a prospect for you.
[/quote]
Send him our way lol... but I think our players have to be clean but as well..
[/quote]  he won't have to cut hair at kountze... but it has to be clean braided or somethin can't rock a afro..

[quote author=speechless link=topic=78336.msg943222#msg943222 date=1294323764]
it always comes down to money especially in this day and age

parent threatens to sue the school and there are attorneys all over the place that will jump all over this opportunity

especially in the law suit capital of America

law suit gonna cost the school 30K minimum so the school has to decide whether it is worth the money or not

in this day and age and financial time most schools will not take that chance

however, all it would take was one school fighting back and proving that this type of frivolous stuff will not hold up in court and all they crying about heritage, history, and culture would stop and those that should be running the schools would be able to do their jobs again
[/quot ]  Its funny how when the race card and attorneys are brought up ,how people tuck tail and run. I guess when the kid get picked up for smoking pot, Mom will clame its a medicine to help the hair grow

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="943269" timestamp="1294326866"]
I think this kid should be banned from playing at Hamshire Fannett tonight. Then reinstate him for next week. I bet that one game suspension will wake him up ;D
[/quote]  Just this game, right Dove ;)

[quote name="stevenash" post="943272" timestamp="1294327115"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78336.msg943269#msg943269 date=1294326866]
I think this kid should be banned from playing at Hamshire Fannett tonight. Then reinstate him for next week. I bet that one game suspension will wake him up ;D
[/quote]

Excellent, objective and well reasoned thought
[/quote]You forgot about the timing factor ;D

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="943285" timestamp="1294328723"]
I commend the school district for trying to set rules and make the students follow them, thats what is wrong with society today, everyone thinks that the rules do not apply to them. I mean where does it stop. Cud-o's to the school for trying to make everyone follow the same rules.
[/quote]tyrants!

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="943285" timestamp="1294328723"]
I commend the school district for trying to set rules and make the students follow them, thats what is wrong with society today, everyone thinks that the rules do not apply to them. I mean where does it stop. Cud-o's to the school for trying to make everyone follow the same rules.
[/quote] Yea but looks like the rules dont apply to this kid. Race card and law suite scare some fokes

I got the impression that the wording for the hair requirements singled out more towards the style that a lot of African American kids like to wear. Maybe the wording or descriptions should be a little more broader to fit all. But he should be banned fo tonights game against Hamshire Fannett ;D

Guest speechless
i have never understood how "braids" or "afros" singles out black kids?  i get where the slang term "afros" came from but i have seen lots of white kids with braids and afros

however there are plenty of ways to word it where the rule book analyzers can't argue

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    risinger62
    Newest Member
    risinger62

• This is pretty spot on… but hey… I would’ve loved to have Rigdon in Bellville 😂😂 But regardless Bellville will be fine in district moving forward and won’t see a team of the caliber that they played in non district till the 3rd or 4th round honestly.. I think region 3 is a bit down overall this season. I did think the Bellville offense played better this week than they did vs Hitchcock. Either way getting to play teams in back to back weeks with D1 QBs and athletes only helps them
    • BC should’ve won 42-0. The muffed punt and at least two obvious missed PI calls kept it at 28. 
    • Rigdon makes Columbus extremely dangerous on offense.  Very tough runner that waits and then puts his foot in the ground and turns up field.  Ran through tackles.  QB Schobel was as advertised, but LB Schobel was the MVP in my opinion.  Columbus DL did what Celina did and got under the Bellville OL and cut them to create traffic in the interior and slow those plays down.  It doesnt help that Bellville does not look clean in the backfield: running into each other, almost fumbling numerous times on handoffs.  The loss of Hood to give a break for Murray is evident.  Bellville's busts in the secondary were brutal.  Its not like the DB was outran, they just weren't in position to make plays.   Pretty interesting strategy by Columbus by adding coaches with Varsity kids (and one with D1 offers to the roster for this run with the Schobels.
    • Perhaps I shouldn't have said that, but keep in mind that I was watching the game live.  The one incident that I was referring to was their running back's stiff arm to the face, which actually appeared to be fingers into the eyes, of a would be tackler.  I happened to be sitting in Gen Adm., right at the goal line, about 4 or 5 rows up, and thought I saw it pretty well.   Also I was probably too hard on the refs last night. Refs by and large, for the past 3 seasons, just don't seem to call holding very often.  They did throw a couple of flags for hits out of bounds. And the pile ups at the goal line, with the QB at the bottom of the pile, I guess a TD can be tough to call. By the time they dig down to the bottom of the pile, anything can happen.  I'm hoarse this morning from yelling. Heck of a game. My grandson and his girlfriend went to the concession stand with the score tied 14-14, and by the time they returned, the score was 35-35. 
    • I think Tuesday on TBS.  Not sure.
  • Topics