All Silsbee Fans wear Maroon Friday night vs HJ

BADSANTA

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="947397" timestamp="1294932048"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78643.msg947088#msg947088 date=1294875867]
How far is Silsbee from Kirbyville? We have a district game at KV but it could be a blow out.......
[/quote]If you ain't there by 6:30, you may not be getting in.
[/quote]

More like 6. The gym is usually standing room only by the time the JV game tips off.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="947432" timestamp="1294934006"]
Bobcat5 don't be upset that your school has never sniffed the playoffs. Maybe you can wear a Silsbee shirt and roll with us. Duuurrrrrrr
[/quote]

Wait, what would that have to do with the comment I made, that Orangefield hasn't gone to the playoffs since 07.  Yeah, I still think you told people in Silsbee to wear maroon, what other color did you think they were going to wear?  ::)

And why would I be upset, I was on the team that went to the playoffs in 05, after 49 years of not going, I have nothing to be upset about. I don't live my life through what or who my high school is playing.

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="947434" timestamp="1294934254"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78643.msg947432#msg947432 date=1294934006]
Bobcat5 don't be upset that your school has never sniffed the playoffs. Maybe you can wear a Silsbee shirt and roll with us. Duuurrrrrrr
[/quote]

Wait, what would that have to do with the comment I made, that Orangefield hasn't gone to the playoffs since 07.  Yeah, I still think you told people in Silsbee to wear maroon, what other color did you think they were going to wear?  ::)

And why would I be upset, I was on the team that went to the playoffs in 05, after 49 years of not going, I have nothing to be upset about. I don't live my life through what or who my high school is playing.
[/quote]

Bobcat05 lives his life thru jello shots.......and there is nothing wrong with that either!!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="947440" timestamp="1294934469"]
[quote author=Bobcat05 link=topic=78643.msg947434#msg947434 date=1294934254]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78643.msg947432#msg947432 date=1294934006]
[/quote]

Wait, what would that have to do with the comment I made, that Orangefield hasn't gone to the playoffs since 07.  Yeah, I still think you told people in Silsbee to wear maroon, what other color did you think they were going to wear?  ::)

[/quote]

Bobcat05 lives his life thru jello shots.......and there is nothing wrong with that either!!!! ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

:D  I forget you, AAW, and WOSgrad are my friends on Facebook.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="947447" timestamp="1294935395"]
Bobcat5 that's great you went to the playoffs after a 49yr absents. Ill give you a high five next time I see you.
[/quote]

I guess you didn't go to the girls game against Orangefield.  If you need a reminder it was a 49 point difference in the score.  ;)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="947490" timestamp="1294939015"]
Bobcat I would like to say congrats on your one playoff appearance in 05. I know the entire town of Orange had a parade with you as the Grand Marshall. Let's move forward to 2010-11. What are you guys doing now? Playoffs? Just asking I don't live there anymore.
[/quote]

They might get third from what I've read on here, I have no idea I don't watch them, I don't have an obsession with living my life through a message board talking about how great my team is when I don't even go to the games!!

[quote name="Bobcat05" post="947491" timestamp="1294939197"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78643.msg947490#msg947490 date=1294939015]
Bobcat I would like to say congrats on your one playoff appearance in 05. I know the entire town of Orange had a parade with you as the Grand Marshall. Let's move forward to 2010-11. What are you guys doing now? Playoffs? Just asking I don't live there anymore.
[/quote]

They might get third from what I've read on here, I have no idea I don't watch them, I don't have an obsession with living my life through a message board talking about how great my team is when I don't even go to the games!!
[/quote]
:D :D :D :D :D

I've already said I don't attend the guys games, I usually go to the girls games since my sister just graduated and I've coached all the girls in Little Dribblers that are playing. I just don't know how someone who hasn't even watched Silsbee, HJ, heck anyone from this area, can make such bold predictions. 

Let's see. I have been to 5 Silsbee HJ games over the past 3 years. 2 at Lamar, 2 at Sam Houston, and one in Silsbee. HJ was in the district when I was in school in 19-4A as well. I know both towns lock the doors and fill the gym. I will be there tomorrow night ready to have fun. I hope Orangefield girls make a deep run the playoffs as well.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="947769" timestamp="1294970307"]
Let's see. I have been to 5 Silsbee HJ games over the past 3 years. 2 at Lamar, 2 at Sam Houston, and one in Silsbee. HJ was in the district when I was in school in 19-4A as well. I know both towns lock the doors and fill the gym. I will be there tomorrow night ready to have fun. I hope Orangefield girls make a deep run the playoffs as well.
[/quote]

HJ and Silsbee have not played twice at Lamar in the last 3 years....... ::) ::) ::)

HJ and Silsbee phas played on 1 game at the Montagne against each other. It was '08, district tiebreaker, HJ won that game. Silsbee did later defeat HJ in the regional final that year.

The '09 district tiebreaker was played at PNG. Silsbee won that game but then later lost to Jasper in the regional semis.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham

• Yep. 90 wins is a real possibility but I am going to say they end with 89. After clinching the division in the 3 game series with Seattle, those last 3 games at Cleveland will mean nothing. I see Houston giving some players, including some pitchers, some time off during that series. Astros get a win today, coupled with a Mariners loss, will put them up 6 with 6 to play. All they would need is one more win. I predict Houston to clinch by Tuesday.
    • This week may be the worst conference opponent we’ve gotten in years.  I wouldn’t play Quinn unless he is completely healthy (and only to shake off any rust) because the next week is also a bye.  Mississippi State may be the worst Power 5 team.  But after this week, we don’t get another cupcake until Thanksgiving. 
    • They’re fun to watch play. They couldn’t care any less what the score is. They’re like the basketball player who sits the bench most of the time but gets to play the final 2 minutes when the score is out of reach. Don’t pass them the ball, they’re shooting it. Lol Cupcake games are over. Tough competition coming up.
    • Yup. Gotta win the games you are supposed to win.   PNG, Lake Creek, and Huntsville should be playoff locks. The question mark in my opinion isn’t who finishes top 3, but who the 4th playoff team will be. 1-3 is easy and 7-8 is easy. 4-6 is the tough one in my opinion. Montgomery and Dayton will be tough games, but I think the Dogs can compete with them. It’s a very tough district. No doubt about it.
  • Topics