NED and PNG have mid county madness what about HJ and Silsbee

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="948680" timestamp="1295072502"]
and little ole 3a has beat a many AAAA teams.....I was not aware that mid county madness referenced number of people attending....Heck u could combine HJ and Silsbee and I'm not sure that you would have 12000 people......but I bet that they are just as passionate...
[/quote]

Definately more so when it comes to the hardwood!!

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="948696" timestamp="1295073341"]
I freakin love basketball......Now clay has even turned me into a celtics fan.....a big celtics fan.....and no rob not literally....lol
[/quote]

I can't get into the pros much anymore and don't get to watch as much college as I would like to but I LOVE to watch these kids play High School ball.  They put their heart and soul into it for nothing more than a love for the game.  No money involved, just pure emotion.

[quote name="ST413" post="948686" timestamp="1295072829"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=78647.msg948680#msg948680 date=1295072502]
and little ole 3a has beat a many AAAA teams.....I was not aware that mid county madness referenced number of people attending....Heck u could combine HJ and Silsbee and I'm not sure that you would have 12000 people......but I bet that they are just as passionate...
[/quote]

Definately more so when it comes to the hardwood!!
[/quote]
Now that Coach English has the Dogs winning, they are just as passionate about basketball as they are football. The Gym is packed almost every night. SRO when they play PN-G. It use to not be that way. It's amazing what success (and a good coach) can do for a program...

Someone can call a game(s) anything that they wish.

What makes me wonder about this Havoc business is this.....

Beaumont has the Beaumont Bowl but it involves all three public high schools from Beaumont. Likewise, there are only two high schools in Mid-County and they have Mid-County Madness.

How many public schools are in Hardin County and how do you single out two of them? Are the others just left on the side of the road?

[quote name="tvc184" post="949607" timestamp="1295238209"]

Beaumont has the Beaumont Bowl but it involves all three public high schools from Beaumont. Likewise, there are only two high schools in Mid-County and they have Mid-County Madness.

How many public schools are in Hardin County and how do you single out two of them? Are the others just left on the side of the road?
[/quote]

Lumberton, Kountze, HJ and Silsbee in Hardin County..............Kountze and Lumberton have not beaten HJ or Silsbee in years, so yes they are left on the side of the road!!!!!

And Memorial is in Mid-County!!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="949610" timestamp="1295238886"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=78647.msg949607#msg949607 date=1295238209]

[/quote]

Lumberton, Kountze, HJ and Silsbee in Hardin County..............Kountze and Lumberton have not beaten HJ or Silsbee in years, so yes they are left on the side of the road!!!!!

And Memorial is in Mid-County!!!!!!
[/quote]Lumberton and Kountze also reside in different classifications (4A and 2A respectively).

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="Two-Dogs..." post="947888" timestamp="1294979815"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=78647.msg947883#msg947883 date=1294979515]
By the way how many participants in mid county madness have reached the regional finals in the last 4 years?   :D :D
[/quote]

Tougher to get there in AAAA than aaa.
;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Boneheaded comment!  It is not tougher in one classification or the other.  All schools have the same amount of kids to choose from so it is not more difficult in one classification or the other.  Sorry buddy.

[quote name="speechless" post="955639" timestamp="1296136027"]
actually may be tougher in 3a since 3a schools have and always have had the largest disparity in enrollment numbers from top to bottom
[/quote]

Wondering if anyone knows the difference in the number of students attending the largest 21 3-a school vs. the number of students attending the smallest 21 3-a school.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="955686" timestamp="1296140589"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=78647.msg946995#msg946995 date=1294867651]
Why cant the Silsbee HJ rivalry be called.....Hardin County Havok...... ;D....it is turning out to be that passionate...let me hear your ideas

[/quote]I predict it may soon come to past. HF is coming up ;)
[/quote]
anyone know how many people will fit in Nederland or PN-G's gyms? The Reservation should be SRO tonight since Ned is in 1st and PN-G is in 4t in district play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham