HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 64-56!!!

WOSgrad

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="949146" timestamp="1295150268"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949097#msg949097 date=1295145728]
As expected by everybody except the people from Sour Lake, Silsbee won.. You can point out flaws and say "If this" or "If that", but the fact is... Silsbee got the "W", and HJ got the "L".. Same result, different place next time.
[/quote]I don't think this was the result that most people thought would happen.  If you read what people like BadSanta wrote, they were very surprised that HJ was in the game for so long.... especially after falling behind 5-0.

And from what you saw during the Nederland - HJ game and the Silsbee - Ball game, I seem to recall you thinking that HJ won't stand a chance of beating Sislbee.

Now, the HJ faithful watched the game and found out that HJ can stand toe to toe with Silsbee and, giving a break here or there, they can beat Silsbee.

So, if you think, "same result", you might be mistaken.
[/quote]

Please don't take badsanta's opinions as the feelings of the Silsbee community.  I take it that badsanta is a Silsbee graduate that has done pretty well since graduation but doesn't have the sense to handle it.  His general tone reminds me of a braggart that we had on the forum a while ago by the ID of DickVitale.  A lot of similarities.  But, all have the right to express their opinions; just please don't link
badsanta and today's Silsbee together. ;)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949182" timestamp="1295155596"]
If you go by what I saw then, Silsbee would wipe the floor with HJ..  ;) Silsbee has more talent and will find their ways to win again this year.. Hope the HJ faithful dont get too upset when Silsbee gives them another "L" in Sour Lake  ;D :D
[/quote]Ahhh, but that's why they play the game..... which was exactly my point.  You watched HJ at their worst when they played Nederland (granted, Nederland was a big reason for that...) and you saw Silsbee probably at the best against Ball.

You saw and you judged and you were way off.  ;)

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="949206" timestamp="1295173459"]
Please don't take badsanta's opinions as the feelings of the Silsbee community.  I take it that badsanta is a Silsbee graduate that has done pretty well since graduation but doesn't have the sense to handle it.  His general tone reminds me of a braggart that we had on the forum a while ago by the ID of DickVitale.  A lot of similarities.  But, all have the right to express their opinions; just please don't link
badsanta and today's Silsbee together. ;)
[/quote]Good Lord, I know BS does not represent the Silsbee community.  At the regional Finals last year, I was surrounded by the Silsbee community and had a great time at the game.  I know there were some in the crowd on both sides that showed their rear ends, but for the most part the fans were great and that's what makes this rivalry great.

And BS explained a lot when he said he never played basketball.  People that pop off like that rarely have ever stepped on the court except for after the game is over.  ;)  Our dear friend Swag from last year would be another shining example.

No, my entire point was that for the most part the Silsbee faithful were a little surprised at how close the game was.  Although those that truly appreciate the rivalry know that no game is a given between these two teams.  The coaches know each other too well and the players really enjoy beating the other team.  This is like the Redskins and the Cowboys..... you can throw the records out the window and let the hounds loose!

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="949213" timestamp="1295182004"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949182#msg949182 date=1295155596]
If you go by what I saw then, Silsbee would wipe the floor with HJ..  ;) Silsbee has more talent and will find their ways to win again this year.. Hope the HJ faithful dont get too upset when Silsbee gives them another "L" in Sour Lake  ;D :D
[/quote]Ahhh, but that's why they play the game..... which was exactly my point.  You watched HJ at their worst when they played Nederland (granted, Nederland was a big reason for that...) and you saw Silsbee probably at the best against Ball.

You saw and you judged and you were way off.  ;)
[/quote]

Good luck with that.  He believes his "judgement" is without fallacy.  He already knows he misjudged earlier in the year with his predictions for HJ

Just another breakdown of the game:

HJ starters scored 51 points
Silsbee starters scored 47 points

HJ bench scored 5 points
Silsbee bench scored 17 points

Only 6 players scored for HJ
All 11 players (Rhone did not suit out) scored for Silsbee

IMO, Silsbee has the best player (Stallworth), but the starting 5 for each team is fairly equal. Silsbee's bench is their strength over HJ.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949191" timestamp="1295157415"]
I listened to the game on the radio.  It sounded like a great game.  Opinions are just what they are.  Everyone can have one.  Why would you not congratulate someone on a victory?  Unless you thought there was an unfair advantage.
[/quote]bb, I know you were planning on walking away from this thread but I'd like to offer an explanation that may help with our differences.

When I hear someone say "If only this.... " or "If only that...." I see someone looking at things they need to fix in order to beat that same team during their next meeting.

For example, wouldn't you say that HJ needs to try to avoid the foul trouble in Sour Lake if they want to win there?  Or HJ needs to try and give their big guns a little more rest so that they can hold back the 4th quarter rally?

These "what ifs" are not taking away from the Silsbee victory - they deserved to win that game - but they are things to focus on in the rematch in Sour Lake. 

I don't know, maybe I'm only speaking for myself.  Lord knows my views are sometimes not indicative to those of any other living person!  I guess that's just me.

I hear a lot of Bad Santa bashing. If you don't like my opinion state your own. This board is all opinion based. 90% of you didn't play ball in high school as well. Yes I was the score keeper for Joe Sigler and I was at every single practice for 4yrs. I know basketball. Tigervoice, I can handle success better than you. If you don't like my opinion don't read it or scroll to the next person. I never asked for yours or what you think of mine. Don't become a "DB"! I give back to Silsbee ISD silently every year thru scholarship or donations and never mention a word of it. What have you done?

Santa, trust me, you do not want to get in a pissing contest with tigersvoice when it comes to giving back to the community or school. ;)

FYI, tigersvoice was the Public Address announcer at the HJ/Silsbee game Friday night. He is the PA for all of Silsbee's home games.

BTW, why would you ever mention of giving silently to SISD? It's never the point of giving to be acknowledged.

(next time you feel like giving, give silently $1000 to the Sanchez Scholarship, I'll make sure everyone will know without you having to toot your own horn) ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949203" timestamp="1295162445"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78734.msg949196#msg949196 date=1295158263]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78734.msg948643#msg948643 date=1295068730]
Nice comeback win for the Tigers.  Really thought that my Hawks were gonna steal one in Silsbee and put themselves in a position to win the district title outright!!!  DC is really, really good.  Congrats again on the win and will be looking for revenge in Sour Lake in a few weeks.  BETTER GET THERE EARLY!!!!!
[/quote]

Dogs1218 Here is my first post after the game......................I believe I did congratulate them and even commented on how good of a player DC is!!!
[/quote]

How is this relevant to me?? I didnt question the congratulating part.. lol
[/quote]

My bad..........meant for east texas bb!!!!!  Sorry dogs1218!!!!

Aggies the difference in these 2 clubs is definitely the depth.The way to off set this is conditioning and the Hawks look to be in excellent shape.I don't think conditioning was the problem for the Hawks friday.They had a lapse for a couple of minutes and a very talented Tiger club took advantage of it.I go all over SETX watching different games these days and both schools should realize how lucky they are to have these clubs to support.This was a great game to watch as a fan of the game.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="949257" timestamp="1295194434"]
I hear a lot of Bad Santa bashing. If you don't like my opinion state your own. This board is all opinion based. 90% of you didn't play ball in high school as well. Yes I was the score keeper for Joe Sigler and I was at every single practice for 4yrs. I know basketball. Tigervoice, I can handle success better than you. If you don't like my opinion don't read it or scroll to the next person. I never asked for yours or what you think of mine. Don't become a "DB"! I give back to Silsbee ISD silently every year thru scholarship or donations and never mention a word of it. What have you done?
[/quote]

Like I said in the original post, he just doesn't have the sense to handle his success.  Sooooo - you know basketball based on four years of score keeping for the coach?  Ohh.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="949213" timestamp="1295182004"]
[/quote]Ahhh, but that's why they play the game..... which was exactly my point.  You watched HJ at their worst when they played Nederland (granted, Nederland was a big reason for that...) and you saw Silsbee probably at the best against Ball.

[/quote]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949215#msg949215 date=1295183028]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78734.msg949213#msg949213 date=1295182004]

[/quote]

Good luck with that.  He believes his "judgement" is without fallacy.  He already knows he misjudged earlier in the year with his predictions for HJ
[/quote]

The one and only thing I was wrong about is that this message board would be quiet with all the Hawklette fans crying about the loss..  :D ;D  Guess my judgement has some fallacy there  ::)

And Im not sure I was far off because the facts are : (1) Y'all still haven't beaten a relevant basketball team, like I said.. (2) Silsbee still won the game, like I said.. Granted It wasn't by 15 like I thought, it was by 8..

Now you two can calm down and accept that HJ loss, and stop trying to bash people who actually made an accurate judgement call about a match-up and picked the winner, instead of picking with their heart and pulling for the team they have always loved  ;)

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949289" timestamp="1295200960"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78734.msg949213#msg949213 date=1295182004]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good luck with that.  He believes his "judgement" is without fallacy.  He already knows he misjudged earlier in the year with his predictions for HJ
[/quote]

The one and only thing I was wrong about is that this message board would be quiet with all the Hawklette fans crying about the loss..  :D ;D  Guess my judgement has some fallacy there  ::)

And Im not sure I was far off because the facts are : (1) Y'all still haven't beaten a relevant basketball team, like I said.. (2) Silsbee still won the game, like I said.. Granted It wasn't by 15 like I thought, it was by 8..

Now you two can calm down and accept that HJ loss, and stop trying to bash people who actually made an accurate judgement call about a match-up and picked the winner, instead of picking with their heart and pulling for the team they have always loved  ;)
[/quote]  Rationalize all you want Dogs.  Hj still has a very good team and you cant stand it- But the best part is you can do NOTHING about it.  Relevant?  In whose eyes?  Yours?  Give me a break.  If Silsbee is the #1 team in the area and HJ is so weak, how is it that this weak team had the #1 team down 12 in the first half on their home court.  I anxiously await your "wisdom".

[quote name="stevenash" post="949298" timestamp="1295201667"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949289#msg949289 date=1295200960]
If you go by what I saw then, Silsbee would wipe the floor with HJ..  ;) Silsbee has more talent and will find their ways to win again this year.. Hope the HJ faithful dont get too upset when Silsbee gives them another "L" in Sour Lake  ;D :D
[/quote]Ahhh, but that's why they play the game..... which was exactly my point.  You watched HJ at their worst when they played Nederland (granted, Nederland was a big reason for that...) and you saw Silsbee probably at the best against Ball.

[/quote]
If you go by what I saw then, Silsbee would wipe the floor with HJ..  ;) Silsbee has more talent and will find their ways to win again this year.. Hope the HJ faithful dont get too upset when Silsbee gives them another "L" in Sour Lake  ;D :D

[/quote]

Good luck with that.  He believes his "judgement" is without fallacy.  He already knows he misjudged earlier in the year with his predictions for HJ
[/quote]

The one and only thing I was wrong about is that this message board would be quiet with all the Hawklette fans crying about the loss..  :D ;D  Guess my judgement has some fallacy there  ::)

Now you two can calm down and accept that HJ loss, and stop trying to bash people who actually made an accurate judgement call about a match-up and picked the winner, instead of picking with their heart and pulling for the team they have always loved  ;)
[/quote]  Rationalize all you want Dogs.  Hj still has a very good team and you cant stand it- But the best part is you can do NOTHING about it.
[/quote]

And you, along with all the other HJ people are in denial that HJ isn't at the level they were 2 or 3 years ago. And the even better part is you can do NOTHING about it  :D

I guess I had better take that very seriously since it is coming from  an "analyst" associated with a  tradition rich program.  Two or three years ago?  Hmmmm!!!! Aren't you (yes, you are) the one who DEMANDED that history not be discussed?  HYPOCRISY  Also noticed you refused to respond to my inquiry about why such a weak team had the top area team down by 12 on their home court?  The reason is they are capable of doing that but you aren't about to admit that.  Ask the Silsbee coaching staff and anyone else at the game just how" Silsbee wiped the floor" with HJ.  Could it be that you possibly misjudged?  NOOOO, that can't be it.  Somebody played games with the scoreboard or Silsbee players were sick.  It COULDNT possibly be that you were wrong. 

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949314" timestamp="1295203506"]
Lazeek, I dont think I am wrong.  I just get tired of argueing with people who cant let stuff go. People who cant even fathom the possibility they could be wrong.  I wont argue with that. 
[/quote]

Can't let stuff go????  I have accepted the loss and also I never made a prediction on the HJ/Silsbee game as far as a score goes.  In fact I told many friends that I have that are big time Silsbee fans that HJ would have to play the best game they have played all year.  They did for 3 quarters and then played the worst quarter they have played all year as well.  That was due in part that the Tigers got some momentum and capitalized on it!!!!  Nobody is wrong here.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="949321" timestamp="1295204328"]
Aggie it doesn't matter where my donations goes. Neither you nor Tigervoice would want to get into a pissing match with me. Trust me dude. [b]I did stand up for 4yrs in college[/b]. I live for pissng matches.I stream has always been long range baby!
[/quote]

What does you doing stand up have to do with comparing one another's giving back to society? That's the pissing contest that I am speasking of.

You are right, it doesn't matter except the one that should be coming to me, but it is not a donation, it's one paying off a debt. ;)

[quote name="ballin4life" post="949244" timestamp="1295191081"]
if this, if that, who committed the fouls, thats part of the game. now if you are saying the refs had something to do with the outcome say that. it just sound like you are straddling the fence. ''MAN UP'' Silsbee won.
[/quote]I don't think I made that claim at all. 

In my original post about the game, I clearly stated that the best team won.  I would call that "manning up".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4