Hull-Daisetta vs. Evadale Game Thread/Evadale wins.

WOSgrad

Evadale wins 69 to 58.  I got to hand it to HD they played very tuff seeing that they have very little size. They played with 4 guards and realy put pressure on the lack of guard  play that Evadale has. #32 for Evadale had a strong game with 20+ points and #21 had 20 boards and 8 blocks to help lead the Rebs to this win. All 3 big guys played a strong game inside. # 3 did not get many open looks tonight but he helped get the ball inside were they had a big advantage. Great job guys and keep working hard and good things will come.

in my opinion we were not prepared to see the team we seen  we went into the game knowing we were going to win and maybe took them a little litely
it wont be like that next time we will be prepared to play and i bet we don't take anyone else so litely. i was disapointed  in the refs. yet again
they were bad as usual for both sides  .  we were not ready for this game and still won by 11

[quote name="trophyman" post="948566" timestamp="1295064215"]
in my opinion we were not prepared to see the team we seen  we went into the game knowing we were going to win and maybe took them a little litely
it wont be like that next time we will be prepared to play and i bet we don't take anyone else so litely. i was disapointed   in the refs. yet again
they were bad as usual for both sides  .  we were not ready for this game and still won by 11
[/quote] For some reason ,the refs seem to feel sorry for the smaller kids and just let them beat the crap out of the bigger guys. JMO the game was way to ruff for a basketball game. I just like to see good ball movement with a lot of finesse and not just let the bigger stronger guy have the advantage.

[quote name="True Blue" post="948554" timestamp="1295063565"]
Evadale wins 69 to 58.  I got to hand it to HD they played very tuff seeing that they have very little size. They played with 4 guards and realy put pressure on the lack of guard  play that Evadale has. #32 for Evadale had a strong game with 20+ points and #21 had 20 boards and 8 blocks to help lead the Rebs to this win. All 3 big guys played a strong game inside. # 3 did not get many open looks tonight but he helped get the ball inside were they had a big advantage. Great job guys and keep working hard and good things will come.
[/quote] EVERYBODY BY 30 POINTS  ??? TRUE BLUE U SAID IT ???

[quote name="CATMAN" post="948662" timestamp="1295070250"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=78778.msg948554#msg948554 date=1295063565]
[/quote] I think I said everyone by 20. Then after looking at the teams that HD had lost to I said that Evadale should beat them by 30. But as I said HD came out ready to play, and I think the Evadale players have been reading their press and did not take HD serious. But Evadale missed 12 FT in the first half and they pulled the starters when up by 18, so I did not miss it by much.  But from here on out every team will be comming out to knock the Rebs out , with nothing to loss. But HD played very hard and throw up some prayers that went in. If they play WH and BS that hard they could be in the race for the  2 and 3 spot.

Evadale was up by 18 late and the subs were running the court and jacking up 3s (and not making em).  No clock awareness at all.  This allowed HD to get some easy buckets. The Cats made a half-court shot as time elapsed to cut 3 more.  BUT, the game wasn't decided until midway through the 4th.  Rebs just looked dumbfounded by the aggressive play from HD.  HD showed up to play and for most of the game were picking up the loose balls and just out hustling the Rebs.  We need to get the ball to #21 down low as I see no one stopping him in the paint. The Rebs need to realize that they're going to have to suck it up and slug it out to win out the rest of their games.  Murphy was still weak form being out sick and never got in a groove as he sat more than usual.  Maybe this will help the Rebs realize that being cool will get your butt beat in the playoffs. 
Turn your caps around and go to work guys!!! 

Wow I though I was the only that was think that way >:( I to think that when the other team is trying to play man def. and they put a 5'11'' kid on a 6'7'' kid you have to post him up and get him the ball. That will make the other team eather go to a zone or have to dubbel team ,witch will open up the out side for #3 to shot the 3. #21 has proven he can see the floor and hit the open player. But we have got to start getting better guard play or it will be a short trip in the playoffs.

[quote name="trophyman" post="948844" timestamp="1295116354"]
i know how good #21 could be if he would play fundamental basketball and a little less showboating .
i like to watch him when he's dunking and stuff but there is a time and place for it and its not with a 6 point lead
my opinion don't count but thats what i think.
[/quote] Yea the behind the back was uncalled for but they were up by 8 at that point and if he would have made it the team would have had a huge momentum swing, and the dunk came when they were up by 16. But come on How long has it been sence Evadale  has had anyone that could Dunk in a game. ???

[quote name="True Blue" post="948752" timestamp="1295103619"]
[quote author=CATMAN link=topic=78778.msg948662#msg948662 date=1295070250]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=78778.msg948554#msg948554 date=1295063565]
[/quote] I think I said everyone by 20. Then after looking at the teams that HD had lost to I said that Evadale should beat them by 30. But as I said HD came out ready to play, and I think the Evadale players have been reading their press and did not take HD serious. But Evadale missed 12 FT in the first half and they pulled the starters when up by 18, so I did not miss it by much.  But from here on out every team will be comming out to knock the Rebs out , with nothing to loss. But HD played very hard and throw up some prayers that went in. If they play WH and BS that hard they could be in the race for the  2 and 3 spot.
[/quote] U said the score would be Evadale 70 HD 40 that 30 points Blue.

It hasn't been long since Evadale has had a player who could dunk.Daws hasn't been gone long.Any player that's 6"7" should be able to dunk.Evadale is a better club with 2 big men on the floor and 1 subbing in off the bench.Small teams who pressure the ball will give the Rebels trouble especially if all 3 big kids are on the floor.From the games I've seen the Rebs play,they have a solid club but aren't very deep and aren't in real good shape.That has more to do with the 3's not falling than anything else.They better not sleep on BS at BS or they will be surprised.

I allready said that I was impressed with the way HD came to play. And I think that the Evadale players took them lightly. But they were ahead 18 with 1 min. left and we had 69 at that point. But if BS only scored49 against WH it is going to be a long night for them when we come to town.

[quote name="True Blue" post="949023" timestamp="1295141388"]
I allready said that I was impressed with the way HD came to play. And I think that the Evadale players took them lightly. But they were ahead 18 with 1 min. left and we had 69 at that point. But if BS only scored49 against WH it is going to be a long night for them when we come to town.
[/quote] Not a long night just 32 min.

[quote name="whsalum" post="949021" timestamp="1295141196"]
It hasn't been long since Evadale has had a player who could dunk.Daws hasn't been gone long.Any player that's 6"7" should be able to dunk.Evadale is a better club with 2 big men on the floor and 1 subbing in off the bench.Small teams who pressure the ball will give the Rebels trouble especially if all 3 big kids are on the floor.From the games I've seen the Rebs play,they have a solid club but aren't very deep and aren't in real good shape.That has more to do with the 3's not falling than anything else.They better not sleep on BS at BS or they will be surprised.
[/quote] Time realy flys, Its been 5 yrs since Daws got his one Dunk in the old gym at the Evadale tour. And you have said several time that you think that Evadale is better with 2 bigs on the floor at a time. But the coach , that gets payed for coaching, does not fell the same way. I dont know if you have seen them play since he started starting the three big players at the same time, but they are playing real good together. They are all 3 averaging 10 points each. So if you get a chance you should make the trip to BS in 2 weeks and check them out. It should be the best dist. game of the year

Hustle!!!  It's all about hustle!  If the Rebs continue to come out flat and expect the District teams to be afraid of em, well, it may change as to who is 1st through 3rd when the dust settles!  When the Rebs go up against a team that they know will give em trouble, they get physical and leave it all on the floor.  IE playing Kountze within 5 (i think) and playing a tough 4A LCM pretty dang respectable, these guys can play when they feel they need too.  Someone better tell em that BS twice, WH twice and HD again is going to require all-hands-on-deck!
No doubt in my mind that the Rebs can run the table, if they show up and play hard.
On another subject, I think a well timed non-contested dunk is good for morale.  Heck, it sure got me up throwing my shoulder outta socket...LOL.  As long as we play within ourselves I say get after it!!  JMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham